Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angel I went on IMDB.com Lou's credited character is bus boy and I agree he acts more like a waiter in the movie.
Glad to see you are thinking about the teeth. It is a little detail but the more of the little touches you add to a figure the more impact they make.

Tell you what. Rather than a talk thru Ironman... I'll take pictures as I do the next Gorilla and explain it to you big apes. :lol

It's really very simple. Don't over complicate this. Just wait until you see... you'll agree.

(That doesn't count for the teeth, that may or may not be much harder to do.) I'll keep ya posted. :clap

Angel another thing I noticed in your display is your Ape Flag. Ironman promissed us one last year!:emperor :monkey3 LOL.

Can you give us details about that too? We've all talked about the flag and I'm sure that would be a popular item as well. I have some new ape photos I want to share, but won't be able to post them until Monday. I can't wait to share them and find out what you apes think.

The figures in this classic line that I have yet opened are:
4 - Bearded Taylor
2 - Mutant Jailer
2- Slave Brent
2- BPOTA Taylor
2- Maruader
4 - Gorilla Soldier
3- Taylor Nova 2 pack
2- Dr. Z FZ
1- Ursus Ex.
1 Ursus Regular
2 Mutant Leaders

Wow, I probably even have more. :medic
Next week I will be ordering from Amok
1 Cornelius
1 Caesar
and maybe a six pack of Zira, still not sure on this one.

I just had to cancel my Star Wars troopers and Asijj, just not happy with their prices or design. In the SW line I'm only going OT characters now.
The Ape line is so much better and cheaper than those inflated characters!

Picture031.jpg
Picture035.jpg

stickman said:
Angel another thing I noticed in your display is your Ape Flag. Ironman promissed us one last year!:emperor :monkey3 LOL.

Can you give us details about that too? We've all talked about the flag and I'm sure that would be a popular item as well. I have some new ape photos I want to share, but won't be able to post them until Monday. I can't wait to share them and find out what you apes think.

The figures in this classic line that I have yet opened are:
4 - Bearded Taylor
2 - Mutant Jailer
2- Slave Brent
2- BPOTA Taylor
2- Maruader
4 - Gorilla Soldier
3- Taylor Nova 2 pack
2- Dr. Z FZ
1- Ursus Ex.
1 Ursus Regular
2 Mutant Leaders

Wow, I probably even have more. :medic
Next week I will be ordering from Amok
1 Cornelius
1 Caesar
and maybe a six pack of Zira, still not sure on this one.

I just had to cancel my Star Wars troopers and Asijj, just not happy with their prices or design. In the SW line I'm only going OT characters now.
The Ape line is so much better and cheaper than those inflated characters!

Picture031.jpg
Picture035.jpg

Yeah, apparently I'm finding out I'm quite theprick today. Angel's is better than mine anyway. Mine came out the wrong size, thats why they never got distributed.
Oh, BTW, I cleared Urban Samauri out of all of their POTA stock today.

Ironman1188 said:
Yeah, apparently I'm finding out I'm quite theprick today. Angel's is better than mine anyway. Mine came out the wrong size, thats why they never got distributed.
Oh, BTW, I cleared Urban Samauri out of all of their POTA stock today.

What were their prices? What did you get?

It was all their loose stuff. Nude bodies, unis, accessories. I asked him to just give me a total if I took everything. It really wasn't all that much once said and done, just a little B'day treat to myself.

Ironman1188 said:
It was all their loose stuff. Nude bodies, unis, accessories. I asked him to just give me a total if I took everything. It really wasn't all that much once said and done, just a little B'day treat to myself.

What's this? Loose POTA items? I have never seen any items for this line loose, even at MonkeyDepot. Happy B-Day Steve. Soooo, what'd ya get? :monkey5

I was also thinking about stopping by one sixth depot and getting some powder horns for my ape garrison.

Angel or Jom - Have you made any extra bone whistles? I would like to get a few more of these because the gorillas look so much better geared up- I wished that SS had handled this line better and suited these beassts up more like they were in the films and television series.

P.S. still interested in that ape flag so when you have the chance please let me know.

Stupid ape question. Is General Ursus helmet removable? I've never gotten one of these and I use the figures for, well, non PotA bashes. Any info. appreciated.

stickman said:
What's this? Loose POTA items? I have never seen any items for this line loose, even at MonkeyDepot. Happy B-Day Steve. Soooo, what'd ya get? :monkey5

I was also thinking about stopping by one sixth depot and getting some powder horns for my ape garrison.

Angel or Jom - Have you made any extra bone whistles? I would like to get a few more of these because the gorillas look so much better geared up- I wished that SS had handled this line better and suited these beassts up more like they were in the films and television series.

P.S. still interested in that ape flag so when you have the chance please let me know.

Not alot got broken down that I could ever find. Funny, it seems most POTA pieces stayed together while you can find more $tar War$ loose. :lol
I probably waited too long for most of the stuff. I grabbed up a few loose bodies, some outfits, pistols, rifles, accessories. All in all not talking a payload here, just a little something. As for the B'day....well thats what I got [myself]

Just dropping in for my okkasional show of support to the Ape Army!!!

Karry on!!!

~The King Of Darkness~

angelofmusic2112 said:
Yes in can be done. Hold the apes head firmly with one hand and the helmet with the other hand. Just twist in opposite directions, don’t pull. The little bit of glue they put inside easily gives way, but will give about as much fight as opening a twist off cap. Unfortunately, the General looks very stupid without his helmet because of his miss shaped baldhead. It’s worse than a cone head! Trust me.
Thanks very much for the information. I'll probably be doing some additional grinding anyway so his baldness isn't a problem. I just really wanted to know how much grinding I was going to have to do and what I'd have to work with once the helmet was gone.

chamildav said:
Thanks very much for the information. I'll probably be doing some additional grinding anyway so his baldness isn't a problem. I just really wanted to know how much grinding I was going to have to do and what I'd have to work with once the helmet was gone.
You do understand that Ursus' head is small. There is no complete head under there. hmmmm. maybe good fodder for a human operating on a gorilla's brain dio....

Ironman1188 said:
You do understand that Ursus' head is small. There is no complete head under there. hmmmm. maybe good fodder for a human operating on a gorilla's brain dio....
Humans operating on Apes? Ha, they're not that intelligent!

I hope you got some bandoliers, clubs and boots with the accessories. This reminds me, does anyone remember long ago there was someone on Ebay selling custom man catchers? I can't find him anymore and would love to buy a few. Another question, has there been an update on that awesome custom Ursus that was posted here long ago, the one with rooted hair. Hopefully he completed him by now.

Angel - I really want to make those flags you have, I always liked the police one (red) but the battle flags look great to, didn't see those before.

So far you've inspired me to get the Bridgekeeper and T Sherman from the BOA line; make a Doomsday Bomb, battle flags, Police HQ flag.
Did you whitewash those rank stripes on your T.V. gorillas or is that tape? I know that my lines are too solid and not as washed out as the T.V. series but I really didn't put too much into it.

planetoftheapes002.jpg

planetoftheapes001.jpg
Picture021.jpg

Picture020.jpg
POTAAPES065.jpg

POTAAPES058.jpg
POTAAPES057.jpg

POTAAPES056.jpg
POTAAPES055.jpg

My new pics will come in two days WooHoo!:chew

These guys want to know where their new figures are :-

ape1.jpg

ape2.jpg

I also saw an original prop mask from the POTA movie today too :-

ape3.jpg

Grabbed some more pics of the other props but they're on my 35mm so I'll post 'em later

abstractharmony said:

ape1.jpg

ape2.jpg

ape3.jpg

Grabbed some more pics of the other props but they're on my 35mm so I'll post 'em later

Where is that from? When? Most of all....whatcha get me :monkey5

Stickman, Angel makes a great mancatcher. I don't know if he sold them on ebay or not though. As for gorilla striping, I prefer to tape off the markings and "paint" them on with a silver Sharpie.

abstractharmony said:

ape1.jpg

ape2.jpg

ape3.jpg

Wow, Abstractharmony The Con looks to be a good time. I can already see Taylor/Nova two pack in the background. How many other Ape goodies do they have. Please take a lot of Photos for us, and let these Ape junkies know that a lot of their ape brothers never made it but are happy that they are keeping the fever alive! Are any of those items up for auction?

IM - the reason I asked about the rank stripes is because I thought they looked a little silvery and not so much whitewashed, thanks.

Angel - can I buy some of your custom works or can we arrange an order? I'd really like to buy some of the items mentioned above in other posts.

stickman said:
IM - the reason I asked about the rank stripes is because I thought they looked a little silvery and not so much whitewashed, thanks.

Yeah, all the pix I referenced, 99% looked liked they were silvery stripes, so thats what I went with.

Back