Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello All,

This weather is playing havoc on my equipment so I think I'm striking the set today. Just too much lightning. I'm doing well thank you. I think my SS commercial came out very well, hopefully it'll make 2nd or third this year as I did not see it. A lot of those videos didn't stick to the theme but hey, as long as everyone had fun doing it, I think that's all that matters, Lets see. Hopefully it'll be somewhere in the top three and I'd love to hear some feedback. If it gets shown later this month, I think you'll recognize it right away. :)

Sorry no Apes this year but it is as equally good in my opinion. I'll let you judge.

Jess, that photo is very cool. It looks professional. If you want I can blur your last name a little if that would comfort you so you could post it with no fears.

In the meantime I had Dr. Z beamed aboard my Mego (DidaDisplay) Enterprise. My two year old niece really loves these things and knows everyones name, even the Aliens. Mugato is her favorite figure but all the others are close behind.

IMG_0548.jpg

Hey IM I will send those phasers back soon, Thank you for letting me use them, I just wish I had time to do another ST episode.

Here is my latest Brent and Taylor turned Rebels for my Civil war line.

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

I can't wait to see the upcoming HT Apes. This hobby is getting too expensive for me, I just can't stop. :horror

Hi Stickman! Long time, no here brother man! We definately share the same passion for collectibles. I love the Civil War figures dressed in Battle gears items. Auggie has come a long way. I forgot, are you in Washington state? My sister is making plans to move to Seattle.:confused:

Hey Sticks--I still have trouble sleeping at night. I think I go in spurts, where I can't sleep for a couple of nights...and then on the third or fourth night I am able to get decent sleep. It sucks.

Hey Sticks--I still have trouble sleeping at night. I think I go in spurts, where I can't sleep for a couple of nights...and then on the third or fourth night I am able to get decent sleep. It sucks.

I have trouble sleeping at nights also Jess. My days and nights are all mixed up.

I have trouble sleeping at nights also Jess. My days and nights are all mixed up.

I won't feel so alone then. I hate tossing and turning. Sometimes I feel like I should just get up and take advantage of the quiet and do some crafting...but I know that once I get going it's hard to stop and before long it would be daytime and I'd have to go to the slavemines.

Here's a photo of me holding hands with my first love. Most of the movers and shakers of this thread have seen this already. Thank you Dave Ballard for such a wonderful surprise. I will treasure it until the end of my days.

blue2.jpg

Last edited:
PZ there is a new apes novel coming out next year, which will have a limited print run. Issues are being given out at SDCC with replicas of Landon's dog tags. Watch out for that when you go, and maybe you can snag one. And if you do, can I borrow the book?

WooHoo!! That being the case does the "ape agent" have any word on whther HT is prone to redo what Sideshow has already attempted? I'd like to see more variety from them, yet, at the same time, I am curious as to what they could do with Cornelius, Zira and Zaius.

I have been thinking about this, IM. Hot Toys just did General Ursus, something Sideshow has already done. Then they did two gorillas, but one was from the TV series. Can it be that maybe the next batch of characters will have two from the original movie and one character from the TV series? What if they make Galen from TV? That would be so utterly fantastic!!! The mind just reels with possibilities. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

IM I am finally going to send you out the patterns you requested a long time ago!! They are on their way via first class USPS.

PZ there is a new apes novel coming out next year, which will have a limited print run. Issues are being given out at SDCC with replicas of Landon's dog tags. Watch out for that when you go, and maybe you can snag one. And if you do, can I borrow the book?
DAMMIT!! Why are the really cool things always at the conventions I can't get to. :banghead
I have been thinking about this, IM. Hot Toys just did General Ursus, something Sideshow has already done. Then they did two gorillas, but one was from the TV series. Can it be that maybe the next batch of characters will have two from the original movie and one character from the TV series? What if they make Galen from TV? That would be so utterly fantastic!!! The mind just reels with possibilities. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4
Yes, Hot Toys "redid" Ursus. When you consider it though, it was realy the one that needed redoing. The SS version was completely mucked up. I am very curious as to whether HT will lend their talents towards any of the human characters from POTA?
IM I am finally going to send you out the patterns you requested a long time ago!! They are on their way via first class USPS.
:banana Thank you!!

Yes, Hot Toys "redid" Ursus. When you consider it though, it was realy the one that needed redoing. The SS version was completely mucked up. I am very curious as to whether HT will lend their talents towards any of the human characters from POTA?

I'm so glad they redid Ursus. Now we need to see Hot Toys magic breathe life into more apes. Come on, Hot Toys...more apes for Jessica's planet.

Yay! I received my dark brown leather from Italy so that I could upgrade my Zira costume. It's so wonderful. I just love the smell of leather. It's thin enough for sewing on a sewing machine. I'll have to start this project sometime in September.

It there any chance that you can give me some more info on this? That SDCC is MASSIVE and it's easy to miss something offered at one of the booths. DO you know the booth number this is offered at? What vendor is it under? :confused:

Back