Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a one to one sculpture I did in clay. Eventually I made a mold and made a over the head mask of it using expanding foam rubber. Punching the hair into the rubber took many many months.

You'll never guess the one and only time I wore it. If you can guess I will reveal the finished photo.

Who is going to start guessing?

How long ago was this? Is it around the same time as your Galen photo? If it was then I'd say the opening of the King Kong remake in 1976. :D

How long ago was this? Is it around the same time as your Galen photo? If it was then I'd say the opening of the King Kong remake in 1976. :D

The gorilla mask was made in 1981/1982. I was trying to create a portfolio in order to break into special effects make-up, or anything having to do with film.

I got as far as breaking into television and that is where I remain; semi employed at the present time.

No Proto, Not to the King Kong remake... take another guess where I wore this piece. I'm dying to post the final reveal!

Jungle Jom- Your mask looks wonderful! You are very gifted and I truly wish I could see more of your creations!

I can’t even begin to guess where you wore that mask. My guesses are ridiculous, but here goes...

How about the local zoo or perhaps to a job interview? How about the premiere of the movie Project X? How about a produce area at a supermarket?

Sticks - :wave

OK Jungle. I'm going to guess now. I was going to say Halloween, but I think you must have worn it to an open casting session, where you were applying to work in special effects, or it was a final exam for a special effects class.

Wow You both have great imaginations.

Angel and Jess... So far none of your guesses are even close. The occasions you mentioned are all way too high profile.

They were all great guesses. Sooooooo... I'll let this go on a little longer before some clues will be given.

This is turning out to be fun!

And thanks for calling my mask wonderful, Angel. It's great to get a compliment from someone as talented as you! Wait until you see it haired up!

High school graduation, of course!

Just saw your post Kfog. You're wrong too, but much more on the right track than Angel and Jess.

However I graduated High School in 1975 and the gorilla mask was made in 1981/1982.

Like I said you're on the right track!

Last edited:
No, Kfog, four years from 1975 is 1979. Which is when I graduated College.

Your use of logic and time lines is really working well and may lead you to the correct answer.

No, Kfog, four years from 1975 is 1979. Which is when I graduated College.

Your use of logic and time lines is really working well and may lead you to the correct answer.

Did you go to law school? How about graduate school?

Sadly, neither the marriage nor the mask survived. Yes, the one and only time I wore that mask was for photos in the park after my wedding. I guess you could say I made a monkey out of myself in more ways than one.

For you people who are familiar with the Abbott and Costello show... I think I bear a remarkable resemblance to Bingo's father in this shot with the derby perched on my head.

Last edited:
LOL!!! Jungle, your wedding IS high profile, you silly monkey! That is just SOOOOOO wonderful! How creative of you. My husband would have killed me. He just tolerates my ape obsession now. If he only knew how obsessed I was then, would he have married me now? Hmmm...

Back