Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angel! :mexwave
The circle is now complete!

Hey PZ - Maybe I could meet up with you? You know I still haven't been there yet. :monkey4 I know...

IM - That was a funny comment about the Gorns and Kirk. :lol

Jess no more coffee after 10PM. :google

KFOG - Do you have any bearded figures in your CW collection that you may want to trade or sell?

JJ - :lol:monkey5:joy That is classic. Too funny. It's great to see that you all still have so much fun!

Jungle that foam latex is definitely a great feat. The sculpt is wonderful as well. I'm surprised though it's a gorilla. I thought you sided with the chimps. Punching hair seems like a slow descent into madness as well....but I think if you get into the Zen mode it all becomes foo. You should really get back into it again.

Oh... I'm a chimp guy from way back... and still am.

A Gorilla sculpt can be much more dramatic. So thats why I chose to create it.

As far as the living hell of punching hair into rubber is....

Lacing hair into nylon mesh is about two levels lower.

Last edited:
Sticks--I only have coffee before noon. :monkey3

Jungle--I knew you were an intellectual and not a rabble-rouser. :rolleyes:

Angel--I found a light grey material for you. Have yards of it. When IM gets his patterns, he can see if it's light grey enough for the mutant outfits. But I won't be ready to really sew until probably September. Yikes--school is around that time too. I'll have to see what's going on there. Ugh.

Kfog--great guessing regarding Jungle's gorilla. I hereby present you...a dancing banana: :banana

PZ--get some zzzs....and I don't mean zaius...

Dr. Z--hoping all is well with you.

This is so much like a family reunion! It's great seeing everyone back in here once again. So much personality this thread has when we're all here! :D

Jess - Thanks, but I don't know if I'll need any grey material. I ended up dying my mutant clothes grey so that I wouldn't have to actually make them for Caspy. Now that they're grey, Caspy is wearing them along with his turquoise robe. I plan on matching (or dying) Albinas clothes the same shade as his.

JJ - I would have never guessed a wedding reception. Very cool pics buddy, thanks for sharing those with us. Is that mask kinda stiff? It's doesn't look rubbery. Lots of good details in that mask. Have you any pictures of those mutant sculpts that you created?

Sticks - JJ and I were wondering what you were up to. Were your ears burning last week? Hope to talk to you soon.

:angelsmil

KFOG - Do you have any bearded figures in your CW collection that you may want to trade or sell?

Hello Stickman! I always went after the bearded figures when putting together my Civil War soldiers. I also know a person that adds facial hair on any sculpt. He does a great job, but you have to pay shipping both ways plus the cost of his time of course. I will PM the info if interested. Later, kfog47 now! Man, how time flies by.:horror

Angel... Yes the mask was stiff and was never supposed to convey emotions like the POTA appliances. It was made with expanding foam rubber not foam latex which needs to be cured in an oven.

I never did any POTA mutants, My film was based on the TV series which never got around to introducing us to what lies Beneath the Planet of the Apes.

I did do an Alien of my own design but it never was cast as a mask and never made it past the sculpt stage. I think it would have been glorious!

The interesting thing is that the wearer's nose sits right behind the chin of the sculpt, and the lower part of the face is behind the neck of the alien.

Farewell, fellas. I will have no internet access until Monday. Take care of Central City for me while I am away. I don't know how I'm going to survive that, but hoping I will.

Jungle could you breathe through your masks or did you have to create vents? And did you have a positive of your face to sculpt on?

Like I said... This never got past the sculpt stage. If a mask was created vents would have to be made for air, probably below the chin where the wearers nostrils would be.

And yes this was sculpted on top of a positive of my face.

Angel... Yes the mask was stiff and was never supposed to convey emotions like the POTA appliances. It was made with expanding foam rubber not foam latex which needs to be cured in an oven.

I never did any POTA mutants, My film was based on the TV series which never got around to introducing us to what lies Beneath the Planet of the Apes.

I did do an Alien of my own design but it never was cast as a mask and never made it past the sculpt stage. I think it would have been glorious!

The interesting thing is that the wearer's nose sits right behind the chin of the sculpt, and the lower part of the face is behind the neck of the alien.

Now that's wicked cool Jungle! I really like the details in it. His ears are really nifty looking. How old were you when you created that alien sculpt? BTW - Why am I thinking you sculpted a mutant?

At some point in the very distant future, I'd like to make a pose able monster (or alien) of some type from the X-Files in 1/6. I've been on the prowl for a Scully and Mulder at a nice price. I don't think SS made any monsters.

Now that's wicked cool Jungle! I really like the details in it. His ears are really nifty looking. How old were you when you created that alien sculpt? BTW - Why am I thinking you sculpted a mutant?

At some point in the very distant future, I'd like to make a pose able monster (or alien) of some type from the X-Files in 1/6. I've been on the prowl for a Scully and Mulder at a nice price. I don't think SS made any monsters.

Oh thanks, Angel... I, like you, love the feedback.

I was in my early to mid twenties when I made that Alien. I think the years between 16 and 30 are probably the most creative years...

X-Files???
I thought you only collected Apes, my friend!

Last edited:
Just got back from the local comic book store...

Zaius PF is in and it looks just fantastic. The clothes hang on it really well. The workmanship was top notch, paint just great. The base really captures the cave like floor. I was impressed and everyone who ordered this piece will be more than happy.

Now the bad news...

The jacket he wears was not corrected and the leather in the back remains the same as the proto pics.

The Zaius figure was not displayed with the human doll, so I do not know if the doll legs issue was addressed.

All in all I think those that ordered this piece will have little to complain about...

That's cool to hear about Zaius. I am sure he will look spectacular. Does his jacket have the Sideshow Zaius brownish/orange instead of the Planet of the Apes orangeutan?

Too bad they didn't fix the back of the jacket. Kind of a dumbass mistake, but whatever. At least I tried. That would bug the heck out of me but perhaps not the majority of ape fans, who will probably face his backside to the wall. So does he look like he's begging for cash, as our own Dr. Zaius had suggested, or is it that he just looks so completely awesome that you have to overlook the pose?

Last edited:
Back