Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sticks - JJ and I were wondering what you were up to. Were your ears burning last week? Hope to talk to you soon.

:angelsmil

I was wondering why they were so red. I thought it was the wind. :eek:

I'm glad to be back for the most part. :D
just a little too busy.

IM, sorry I didn't send your package yet, I will soon. :whip

I know... :rolleyes: :lol

IMG_2937_1.jpg

Playing with effects
StickmansApecityend1.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Stickman! I always went after the bearded figures when putting together my Civil War soldiers. I also know a person that adds facial hair on any sculpt. He does a great job, but you have to pay shipping both ways plus the cost of his time of course. I will PM the info if interested. Later, kfog47 now! Man, how time flies by.:horror

No, but thank you KFOG. I'm going to stick with getting Auggie's uniform sets. They are so amazing, and now being able to get everything in a complete set is great.

Here is a quick shot of Indiana Jones I took. It sooo reminds me of the end of POTA. I guess I reproduced it out of force of habit from seeing the film a gazillion times.

I love it Jom,

add a little snake by his foot. I hear the music playing right now. :whip

Hey all, there is one fellow selling the HT Captain and says he is in stock and ready to ship. I haven't heard any news on the ones I ordered. Does any one else have them in hand yet?

Nope. I'm getting mine through SS.

No news from my ebay seller. In fact, he can't contact me since I ordered the apes nearly six months ago... I hope he's honest...

Hi IM! That is the one that I am talking about. Great find dude. Hey, I am on page 666! Watch out everyone!:monkey4
LOL, I have 333 pages to go yet!!
Those weapons are cool I-man. I'm not so sure about the binoculars and scope.

From what I remember... The only time I recall optics involved in the Ape world was Galen's expander(magnifying glass). As I remember it, all apes were astounded by his discovery.

I don't think the technology was available to make complex optical devices.
True, but they'd be great for a custom Ape story. Maybe a Terror story or a fan fiction story about the assassination of Ape Lincoln.
I'm not worried my friend.
No news from my ebay seller. In fact, he can't contact me since I ordered the apes nearly six months ago... I hope he's honest...

I feel your pain. I long for the day when all that I am waiting for arrives on my doorstep. Of course, with no income right now, I may have to turn around and sell them off. :banghead

Here is a quick shot of Indiana Jones I took. It sooo reminds me of the end of POTA. I guess I reproduced it out of force of habit from seeing the film a gazillion times.

Jungle - I like the angle and the lighting in your Indiana Jones photo.

Kfog/IM - Thanks for the photos of The Omega domicile. I never saw that house.

no problem. there was another one, also 2 story but it was more WWII bombed out in appearance. Broken walls, rails and holes in the floor iirc.

I am trying to achieve a version of the Mendez figure as seen in BTPOTA. I have one picture of the one IM sent recently and a comparison. Please remember that I am looking at the features of the face. The chin, upper lip and eyes. I believe that the sculpt needs a darker tone, darker eyebrows, and brown eyes. Comments are appreciated! Thanks Ape-onauts!:whip

I am trying to achieve a version of the Mendez figure as seen in BTPOTA. I have one picture of the one IM sent recently and a comparison. Please remember that I am looking at the features of the face. The chin, upper lip and eyes. I believe that the sculpt needs a darker tone, darker eyebrows, and brown eyes. Comments are appreciated! Thanks Ape-onauts!:whip

Just to clarify, Kfog, that picture is not Mendez. Thats Verger, I think that was the name credited him or close to it. If you do find a sculpt thats close LMK!!

Hi IM! Who is Verger and do you think the sculpt looks hispanic?

Last edited:

Thanks for the feedback Angel... And your kind words too Sticks on my Indy photo...

Believe it or not the shadow on the left hand side actually is a three foot tall wooden african carving. I should have given it a little bit of a kick with a side light so it was more recognizable as an actual statue.

I was wondering why they were so red. I thought it was the wind. :eek:

I'm glad to be back for the most part. :D
just a little too busy.

I know... :rolleyes: :lol

IMG_2937_1.jpg

Playing with effects
StickmansApecityend1.jpg

I just love the Ursus shot Sticks! You are really quite the photographer as always...

The effects shot not so much, although reminesent of the opening credits of the TV program. I'm just not a real big fan of that type of look.

Back