Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get FMC on my Directv! I pay enough money to warrant having it though! At least I have my DVD Movie and Television collection.:monkey5

Who did you order yours through W.G. ?

He's called toy_and_game.
https://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-Planet-of-the-Apes-12-inches-Gorilla-Soldier_W0QQitemZ260441341752QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN?hash=item3ca3837f38&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

He seems to be serious and honest. I already bought him a toy for 15 dollars and it was very good. It's just that I can't do anything now (more than 60 days) if there's a problem and that he's far in Asia and me in Europe.
Did you buy your apes through ebay too ?

I was supposed to paint The Tribunal Scene last weekend. However, I was sick with a temperature of 101.9. Bad weekend. Understandably, I didn't do any painting.

Jungle - I woke up this morning in the mood to paint all six of the Planet of the Apes backpacks that were made many months ago. Five of the backpacks will be on my gorillas sometime this morning! The sixth backpack had a few minor problems. I'm in the process of correcting the problems, it'll be done by tomorrow. Once finished, they won't have to wear those TV series backpacks any longer that you hated.

I'm feeling really good with this accomplishment. :)

I was supposed to paint The Tribunal Scene last weekend. However, I was sick with a temperature of 101.9. Bad weekend. Understandably, I didn't do any painting.

Jungle - I woke up this morning in the mood to paint all six of the Planet of the Apes backpacks that were made many months ago. Five of the backpacks will be on my gorillas sometime this morning! The sixth backpack had a few minor problems. I'm in the process of correcting the problems, it'll be done by tomorrow. Once finished, they won't have to wear those TV series backpacks any longer that you hated.

I'm feeling really good with this accomplishment. :)

PIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Jom, I agree I'm not a fan of that either. It was just such a stark contrast from the original I took that I posted it. It would of helped if I included my orignal shot as well I guess.

I hope everyone is well this beautiful saturday.

I have a big gig tonight, filming 3 bands at a fundraiser for a girl that contracted Lyme Disease and is hooked up to a heart monitor 4 hours a day while she gets her medicine. Being a native of CT, half my family has it back there but not to this extreme. My filming friends and I will have fun, although I usually don't do live events, this will be a new experience for me. It would be great to have your help on this one JJ! LOL

Have a great weekend everyone! Good luck on those backpacks Angel, I'm glad your feeling better. :)

The greatest advice I can impart to you is this... "When in doubt stay wide". This advice was given to me by an old timer on the first nationally syndicated show I ever shot. Words to live by.

If you're still out there in the ether... I'll be online a bit longer so if you have any questions I can help you with, feel free...

Last edited:
The greatest advice I can impart to you is this... "When in doubt stay wide". This advice was given to me by an old timer on the first nationally syndicated show I ever shot. Words to live by.

If you're still out there in the ether... I'll be online a bit longer so if you have any questions I can help you with, feel free...

Thanks Jom,

I'm currently making a large pasts dinner for my crew, they should be trickling in soon. I gotta load them up with carbs. Unfortunately I just got word that everything is currently on hold as my Friend that is sponsoring and hosting the event was in a motorcycle accident last night, apparently he was hit by an automobile. I have not been given a status on his condition, We're all hoping he's O.K.

We will only have three cameras, one will be WIDE set as the Master hooked up to the mixer, the other two will be either stationed on tripods or handheld meandering through the crowd. I'll also be walking around popping stills. Well that's our currently plan.

You're right, those are very wise words. I wonder how many times that practice has saved the editors life. If I get another chance I'll check back.

Ok Sticks...

Question... Will this be cut Live with the switcher? or, will the three cameras all be iso-ed and everything edited later? Will you have communications with a director or the person switching the show? If so your communications will be useless. Most bands are screaming loud. I can't tell you how many times I've had a director totally drowned out and I had to fly by the seat of my pants; getting my shots by watching what the other cameras were doing

Your two handheld cameras... Use the zoom sparingly, physically move the camera to get your shot... This will make your shots more steady and interesting and easier for you to maintain focus.

Your cover shot camera always needs to keep the lead singer in the shot. If someone is doing a guitar solo, make it a two shot with the lead singer if they are close enough together. Let your handhelds get the close-ups of the guitar, drums, keyboards etc. You can use your cover camera for close-ups of your lead singer just to vary it with it's main assignment of cover shot. Always keep the front man in the shot and you can't go wrong.

I hope these brief tips help a little, when the time comes to shoot the show.

Last edited:
Ok Sticks...

Question... Will this be cut Live with the switcher? or, will the three cameras all be iso-ed and everything edited later? Will you have communications with a director or the person switching the show? If so your communications will be useless. Most bands are screaming loud. I can't tell you how many times I've had a director totally drowned out and I had to fly by the seat of my pants; getting my shots by watching what the other cameras were doing

Your two handheld cameras... Use the zoom sparingly, physically move the camera to get your shot... This will make your shots more steady and interesting and easier for you to maintain focus.

Your cover shot camera always needs to keep the lead singer in the shot. If someone is doing a guitar solo, make it a two shot with the lead singer if they are close enough together. Let your handhelds get the close-ups of the guitar, drums, keyboards etc. You can use your cover camera for close-ups of your lead singer just to vary it with it's main assignment of cover shot. Always keep the front man in the shot and you can't go wrong.

I hope these brief tips help a little, when the time comes to shoot the show.

This is great advice Jom thank you. Well over dinner my friend's wife called and cancelled the event. We're all just glad that he's alive. :horror Apparently a van hit him straight on. She's hoping to reschedule the fund raiser for a later date.

We weren't going to use a switcher, we were going to sync all three cameras after white balancing and then after each band, we would replace the tapes and resync before the next band. I think, it would have been really fun. So in the meantime, my friend and I are going to celebrate our completion of the SS commercial as we havn't really hung out since and next week he'll be working all day, and I might be in OR for the week so we figured we'd use this time wisely. So I'll be sure to raise a glass to everyone in this forum. You guys have always showed support over the years.

Wow, we sure have been together for a couple of years now. Time sure flys. Have a great weekend everyone. I will surely check in later. :wave

Have fun with your buddies tonight, my friend. I hope your pal who had the accident will be alright...

Is this line dead ? So far nothing else announced.:banghead Hot Toys too stopped on those 3 Soldiers ?

Have a great weekend everyone! Good luck on those backpacks Angel, I'm glad your feeling better. :)

I finished my six ape backpacks and then painted a few more ape rifles brown. It was a fun day! After doing this, I then decided that I wanted a couple more ape backpacks. Then it dawned on me, I had ripped up the backpack mold by tearing it up into little pieces and used it as a "silicon filler" while I was constructing the mold of the Caesar statue. Crap! :duh

I also mounted my painted Rebel Chimp head (with the military beret) on the Ursus body. He looks pretty cool as a military chimp.:wacky

I am trying to achieve a version of the Mendez figure as seen in BTPOTA. I have one picture of the one IM sent recently and a comparison. Please remember that I am looking at the features of the face. The chin, upper lip and eyes. I believe that the sculpt needs a darker tone, darker eyebrows, and brown eyes. Comments are appreciated! Thanks Ape-onauts!:whip

KFog - Put a mutant hood on his head (Verger) and let's see that picture comparsion. :angelsmil

Back