Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks IM!

Yeah, but I have a serious side to collecting, and that is what I went for. I think it rocks and am glad you enjoyed it. With my new project for the GI JOE Film festival I get to be more flexible with the story, I'm having a lot of fun with this one, as I get to clash many universes together. Would you mind leaving a little comment for the clip? I'd really appreciate it.

Angel and anyone else interested, I have a few Cornelius, Zira, and Dr. Z figures for trade/sell. I'm mainly looking for any SS or Dragon DML, even DiD figures that are bearded. My collection is steering towards the American Civl War era. If no one is interested I will be putting some figures on Ebay in lots of 3. If I can't sell/ trade these I'll have to cancel my HT apes as I just can't justify spending over $600 for 5 figures. :horror

especially in these tough times. Luckily there was nothing new that SS announced this year that I'd be interested in, and their prices are just getting out of control. I haven't been happy with their Promethues bodies or the new cartoonish headsculpts. Indiana Jones - Toht was a complete disaster IMO so I'm cutting back on their current 1:6 figures.

Hi Stickman! I can send you pics of some figures that I can get to for trade:duh. I would be interested in one each of the Zira, Cornelius, and Zaius. I will PM you. Later, Kent.

Kfog--I have no link to show you. I just found them on Ebay because they (ABC Express) had the apes listed way back in November or December last year, and I couldn't wait for Sideshow to put up their "now available through Sideshow" link.

Kfog--I have no link to show you. I just found them on Ebay because they (ABC Express) had the apes listed way back in November or December last year, and I couldn't wait for Sideshow to put up their "now available through Sideshow" link.

It looks like your impatience and intolerance sure paid off. I'm not sure why I'm going through SS at this point. I'd rather be saving money. Anyone have a site that is selling them for $112.? I'm going to call and cancel at least one Captain, it's kind of silly to have two.

Last edited:
OMG!! This guy is so FUN!! I can't wait to go home and play with him. Obviously, it's hard for me to be at work.

Here is my Heat Miser.

I'm Mr. Heat Miser, I'm Mr. Sun. I'm Mr. Heat Miser. I'm Mr. 101.

downsized_0727091434.jpg

That's frickin' cool! I mean hot! I mean cool, I mean...

Yes, I think Alter Ego has the cheapest available apes. I can't remember what I purchased mine for...I had buyer's remorse for a long time, and I think my selective memory refuses to recall what I shelled out.

PZ, did you bump into any apes at the SDCC? Any photos of apes in costume?

Remember that song, "So cool so cool so cool you're hot. Tie me up in a love knot. Boiling over, bubbling hot!" by General Public?

Jessica - Check your e-mail. I want you to see what I sent you.

Nothing yet. It will have to wait until I get home...running out now to help swell up traffic so we can get pizza and then attend piano class. I'm taking the gorilla with me so I can play with him while the kids take lessons.

How much did you pay for those Landon dog tags and what exactly are you getting? I just saw the tags and the 5 cards that were given out at Comic Con! I love the cards! I understand that they'll be giving out 4 new ones at a future Comic Con regarding the up and coming release of the new apes novel(s).

All of these future novels sound really cool! :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Yes, I think Alter Ego has the cheapest available apes. I can't remember what I purchased mine for...I had buyer's remorse for a long time, and I think my selective memory refuses to recall what I shelled out.

PZ, did you bump into any apes at the SDCC? Any photos of apes in costume?

I have never bumped into any Apes at SDCC. NEVER. Yet, after I come back from SDCC, every year, I see pictures posted of the Con WITH people dressed as Apes. I ALWAYS miss them!

And since this last trip will probably be the last time I'm going to SDCC, my record is unbroken... no Ape sightings. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

My cousin however DID run into a couple of gorillas and took pictures for me. :banghead:banghead:banghead

Creecher! It's been aa long time, How are you?

Do you have any pictures of the HT Apes? Can you please post them? I'd love to see them from a collector's point of view. Thanks buddy.

I keep my eye on this thread. I just don't have anything to add, and I get moody. :lol I'm good, except for ... well, I'll leave it at moody. :lol

I'm a bit rushed but here's a couple of snaps.

2ibj8mg.jpg

snf6zo.jpg

As an observation, the poles they use for the mancatcher and flag are the same, they just turned them around to make them look a bit different.

The loop I mentioned as being too small isn't. The mancatcher works. You can slide one end up to give some slack to the loop to make it bigger.

I would have taken a pic with the flag, except the flag is made of a stiff material, which just reverts back to its rolled up state. So I'll need to give it an iron to flatten it out.

The articulation is what we've come to expect from a Hot Toys TT body. The hard plastic boots restrict the possible poses such as crouching. I found it difficult to change hands, due to the plastic inside the glove, where the hole is, seems harder than some of my other Hot Toys figures. If they could make that more flexible people wouldn't break the ball joint as often.

Great to see you have yours Jessica. Love seeing your work and your enthusiasm is infectious. I'm not game to touch my figures. I'm sure you'll do a good job of adjusting his hair, and giving him a orthodontic appraisal.

Last edited:
How much did you pay for those Landon dog tags and what exactly are you getting? I just saw the tags and the 5 cards that were given out at Comic Con! I love the cards! I understand that they'll be giving out 4 new ones at a future Comic Con regarding the up and coming release of the new apes novel(s).

All of these future novels sound really cool! :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

The dog tags and cards were free at the Con. I scored some dogs tags and a full set of cards (there will be four more later on at another Con)... a different card was available each day. The dog tags were gone fairly quick. Cool stuff.

They also had a bunch of prints for sale ($20) from the artwork that will be used in the series. From what the guy at the booth said, Conspiracy of the Planet of the Apes is the first in a series of books that take place in the off camera moments from the series. That one deals with Landon's story. Also in the works is a story about Milo's salvage of Taylor's ship as well as a story dealing with Taylor's first run in with the Mutants after he disappears in the Forbidden Zone. Could be a fun read. :D

The dog tags and cards were free at the Con. I scored some dogs tags and a full set of cards (there will be four more later on at another Con)... a different card was available each day. The dog tags were gone fairly quick. Cool stuff.

They also had a bunch of prints for sale ($20) from the artwork that will be used in the series. From what the guy at the booth said, Conspiracy of the Planet of the Apes is the first in a series of books that take place in the off camera moments from the series. That one deals with Landon's story. Also in the works is a story about Milo's salvage of Taylor's ship as well as a story dealing with Taylor's first run in with the Mutants after he disappears in the Forbidden Zone. Could be a fun read. :D

Yeah! yeah! That's exactly what I read PZ. When do they plan on releasing these 3 books?! I'm excited about this! What's on the backside of the cards? The Stewart card is my fave!!!

Great talking to you KFog, I'll try to post some pictures of my Taylor in Confederate sailor garbs soon.

Creech, Great hearing from you. I can understand about the moods! Lol there's a few on this site that need a time out. Thanks for the pictures.

PZ, a million thanks for the link, I just ordered an Ursus, Captain, and 2 soldiers from them. You just saved me over $175+ by not going through SS. I will surely cancel with them tomorrow. These new Apes look fun.

Dr.Zaius - Where are you? I have a custom Ursus Helmet for your SS figure that you once wanted. I also have that Conquest DVD (Extended version) for you. Send me your address and I'll hook you up.

Great to see you have yours Jessica. Love seeing your work and your enthusiasm is infectious. I'm not game to touch my figures. I'm sure you'll do a good job of adjusting his hair, and giving him a orthodontic appraisal.

Fear not, my fellow apes. I have pried off the gorilla's face already. I will post photossss tonight!! :lol

:banana:banana:banana

Now if I can just remember where the bloody hell I packed the camera charger. :monkey4

These will be photos of a dissection from someone interested in seeing how things are put together, and not as a collector.

Back