Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks IM!

Yeah, but I have a serious side to collecting, and that is what I went for. I think it rocks and am glad you enjoyed it. With my new project for the GI JOE Film festival I get to be more flexible with the story, I'm having a lot of fun with this one, as I get to clash many universes together. Would you mind leaving a little comment for the clip? I'd really appreciate it.

Angel and anyone else interested, I have a few Cornelius, Zira, and Dr. Z figures for trade/sell. I'm mainly looking for any SS or Dragon DML, even DiD figures that are bearded. My collection is steering towards the American Civl War era. If no one is interested I will be putting some figures on Ebay in lots of 3. If I can't sell/ trade these I'll have to cancel my HT apes as I just can't justify spending over $600 for 5 figures. :horror

especially in these tough times. Luckily there was nothing new that SS announced this year that I'd be interested in, and their prices are just getting out of control. I haven't been happy with their Promethues bodies or the new cartoonish headsculpts. Indiana Jones - Toht was a complete disaster IMO so I'm cutting back on their current 1:6 figures.

Sticks - I'd love to trade something, but the only bearded sculpts I have are these three. If interested, let me know. FYI - Making beards really isn't that hard. I think you could do it. I made beards for several ape fans that used to frequent here (including Ironman). You ought to just give that a try. You could take ordinary heads like these and have them meet your need by adding your own beards.

Last edited:
Here are the 2 extra back packs I would like to trade for something. Attached are some pictures of my gorillas sporting their new pac packs.

Last edited:
Some may not like the hair, but I find it adds so much realism to the finished product. It's great to have it drape down over the back front and shoulders and not restrict head movement what so ever.

I never thought of that.

The tunic is plastic, and lined with material that is also, plastic. :lol Probably a nylon material, or possibly polyester. Who knows?
Big surprise here. Thought they had someone sew this part of the outfit, but it makes sense for them to go this route. It would be impossible to get screen accuracy at this level of detail if you actually sewed it. Sideshow did a good job on their gorilla vests, considering that it is sewn.

Congrats on getting your gorillas!!! :banana:banana:banana

Sticks - I'd love to trade something, but the only bearded sculpts I have are these three. If interested, let me know. FYI - Making beards really isn't that hard. I think you could do it. I made beards for several ape fans that used to frequent here (including Ironman). You ought to just give that a try. You could take ordinary heads like these and have them meet your need by adding your own beards.

HEY!! I'm still here!! And that Taylor is still my fave version!!

That sounds great Angel,

How would a full Cornelius sound?

I guess I'll have to give sculpting a try. What would you suggest I use to make the sculpted beards? Does it stay attached to the sculpt or would I have to be very gentle with it? Might you have any extra bodies for those heads? I just checked my stock and I'm all out of bodies. I have three ignite bodies but they seem tiny compared to SS or Dragon bodies, and not as realistic.

Creecher! It's been aa long time, How are you?

Do you have any pictures of the HT Apes? Can you please post them? I'd love to see them from a collector's point of view. Thanks buddy.

That sounds great Angel, How would a full Cornelius sound?
That's cool. What can I actually do for you? What exactly is on your mind?

I guess I'll have to give sculpting a try. What would you suggest I use to make the sculpted beards?
Apoxie Sculpt.

Does it stay attached to the sculpt or would I have to be very gentle with it?.
Apoxie hardens rock hard. I would always be careful, but I don't think you have to be gentle.

Might you have any extra bodies for those heads?
Sorry. I have no bodies. Just these heads if you think they'll help you.

I just checked my stock and I'm all out of bodies. I have three ignite bodies but they seem tiny compared to SS or Dragon bodies, and not as realistic.
Heads with no bodies won't help you. :(

Holy crapadoodle, you guys! My Gorilla Captain just came crashing to my office. He is wonderful! I couldn't really get him out of the package--too many little twist-ties. I touched his hair though!! His hair feels as soft as baby rabbit fur. I can't wait to go home, but I think tonight is piano practice so I won't get home until late.

Holy crapadoodle, you guys! My Gorilla Captain just came crashing to my office. He is wonderful! I couldn't really get him out of the package--too many little twist-ties. I touched his hair though!! His hair feels as soft as baby rabbit fur. I can't wait to go home, but I think tonight is piano practice so I won't get home until late.

:monkey2
WHAAA!!! I wish I ordered from ABC now!!!
:monkey2

Definitely I'll be posting pictures of him but not until late tonight. Maybe I'll spend piano practice removing him from his package, since I left my knitting at home. I'm soooo excited!!! :banana

I just returned from my garage with boxes and boxes of things I need to go through. Let me sort some of these things out and I'll see what I have, or need. I used to have a ton of spare bodies, I'm not sure what happened to them. I may have turned them all into Romans as that was the theme of my last Stop Motion project until it fell through earlier this year.

I may have a pair of Chimp shoes for you Angel, Give me a little bit of time to sort through this mess. I on how many figures I have, too bad a lot of them are old Cotswold, Hasbro, and Playmates bodies, :horror

What's that Jess? You're going to skip piano leassons tonight and show off your new HT ape? Can you tell us more about him? How does he look? Can his hair be futzed to give the impression that he can look like a different gorilla? Is the Captain the only Ape you got? This is exciting news!

I await the coming of General Ursus and the other gorilla. I still have to attend piano practice. As Creecher said, he looks just like the photos you see on the internet.

Sorry for the crap photos--taken with my cell phone:
downsized_0727091343a.jpg

downsized_0727091336.jpg

I'm sure there's a way to tame his mane. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Sticks--how can I see your video? Through Facebook?

Yes Jessica, until I'm able to burn DVD's again. After my computer crashed, I lost a lot of older programs, one being DiscLabel, Please let me know what you think of it.

I'm trying to post some pics, but am having problems uploading to photbucket. Hmmm.

Sorry for the crap photos--taken with my cell phone:
downsized_0727091343a.jpg

downsized_0727091336.jpg

I'm sure there's a way to tame his mane. Where there is a will, there is a way.

How is the articulation? His mane looks huge, anyway of taming that beast? What's that little flap on his right side, just above the belt? Any comments from your co-workers?

Back