Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can barely look.

ou3b4m.jpg

Here's a closeup of his face after I popped it off. He's got that goofy grin that totally needs a makeover, but whatever. I'm so glad he's here. The facial lines of his sculpt is just so beautifully rendered. It would have looked better if they had sculpted the teeth to jut out from the bottom jaw as opposed to it coming down from the upper jaw.
DSC00589.jpg

This is what it looks like behind his face:
DSC00590.jpg

Last edited:
This is what lies behind the face:
DSC00591.jpg

The only way to figure out how to fix the hair is to see what is under there. I think to fix the hair you would have to peel everything off, and reshape the head to account for the poof of the hair...and then restick with toupee tape (because that's what the sticky stuff feels like that's gluing down the hair onto the plastic.) So...there you go. I hope you enjoyed the show.
DSC00595.jpg

Nooooo!!!!!

2m60l4y.jpg

You killed my brother. :monkey2 Why has the Lawgiver forsaken this planet???

Last edited:
Nice work???? Jessica. :lol

Good to see what's under there. I'd feel terrible if it were me that had done that. I agree, you'd have to shave down the head, but then would it fix the problem? You'd have a small headed boofy haired simian on your hands. It's be hard cutting his hair down too. He'd have a boofy short hair cut. With your patience and determination, I'm sure you'll find a way to make it be the way you want.

Creech, where there is a will, there is a way. If I can do it, anyone can. If anybody else has any ideas on how to fix his hair, I'm all ears!!!

Jessica, you have broken the Lawgiver's most sacred law: APE SHALL NOT KILL APE.
Experimental brain surgery on these animals is one thing, and I'm all for it, but to suggest that we can better the simian skull by ripping his face off is outrageous. You'll hang for scientific heresy! :monkey5
I would be willing to put a beard on Taylor and paint his beard and blend it with his hair, but I'm still not comfortable with skin tones. Why do you think your Taylor needs a repaint? Did something bad happen to his skin? I'm not interested in any of the accessories, except for the stands.
Angel, email me regarding the stands. I have a ton of them that I won't be using.
Wow, yes he would. Is he a Dragon DML Figure?

I took a quick shot of my two Brent figures dressed up in BGT uniforms. KFOG I think you mentioned that you wanted to see the straw hat. Sorry no fill light, I don't have time to set up my lights, but you can see the hat good enough.
IMG_1424.jpg

As the figures come in, I'll show off some of the new uniform sets I got from Auggie at BGT. The really look nice. Real tight stitching.

Chreecher, lol no you're not one of the freaks that need a time out.
Where is that straw hat from? It looks like it would complete my Kolchak nicely.
Congrats to you that have gotten your apes. I contacted the ebay seller that I went thru and they now tell me that HT is sending them out to their buyers in waves. What that means to me, Idon't know other than I don't have them. I thought I also bought 1 or 2 thru Alter Ego but can't get into the part of the site that allows me to check orders back that far. :banghead

Jess, does taking the HT gorilla apart give you any ideas as to rehairing a Hasbro ape?

Ironman, I do have a Hasbro gorilla. I'm going to shave that monkey and I'm going to add sculpted hair on it, just to see how he would look. It will be fun. Actually he does kinda remind me of a Hasbro ape, although a better looking one. I've put him back together again, and he looks as good as new. Hair a bit mussed, but that's what happens when you have a wild night.

The dog tags and cards were free at the Con. I scored some dogs tags and a full set of cards (there will be four more later on at another Con)... a different card was available each day. The dog tags were gone fairly quick. Cool stuff.

They also had a bunch of prints for sale ($20) from the artwork that will be used in the series. From what the guy at the booth said, Conspiracy of the Planet of the Apes is the first in a series of books that take place in the off camera moments from the series. That one deals with Landon's story. Also in the works is a story about Milo's salvage of Taylor's ship as well as a story dealing with Taylor's first run in with the Mutants after he disappears in the Forbidden Zone. Could be a fun read. :D

Is there any place to see these that have images large enought to actually see? I saw a few pics but the images were rather small.

Ironman, I do have a Hasbro gorilla. I'm going to shave that monkey and I'm going to add sculpted hair on it, just to see how he would look. It will be fun. Actually he does kinda remind me of a Hasbro ape, although a better looking one.

When you take the hasbro hair off, PLMK if there seems any way to put better, real hair on them to blend in with the HT's. I think, done right and on better bodies the hasbro versions may actually have a life.

I've got a gorilla and a zaius Hasbro. I will see how it will look with clayed up hair and also how it will look with doll wool.

I've been thinking about the Hot Toys ape---how the face plops onto the head, and because of this the hairline looks odd. When I do give him a haircut, I'm going to save the clippings and reglue it around the edge of his face to smooth the gap between plastic and fur.

Ironman, I can feel General Ursus in the air. I hope he arrives today. It will be glorious when he does come. I hope you get your Hot Toys apes soon. They are so fabulous.

Creech, where there is a will, there is a way. If I can do it, anyone can. If anybody else has any ideas on how to fix his hair, I'm all ears!!!

Jess - Make a mold of his face and experiment with the copy. You could change that goofy grin and possibly add sculpted hair to see if you like it any better. If you do a good job, others will want to upgrade there gorillas. Count me in if you should you actually do this. :)

I've got a gorilla and a zaius Hasbro. I will see how it will look with clayed up hair and also how it will look with doll wool.
Good or bad, I'm looking forward to seeing these re-do's.

I've been thinking about the Hot Toys ape---how the face plops onto the head, and because of this the hairline looks odd. When I do give him a haircut, I'm going to save the clippings and reglue it around the edge of his face to smooth the gap between plastic and fur.

BRILLIANT IDEA! Just like John Chambers! :idea

Back