Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what lies behind the face:
DSC00591.jpg

The only way to figure out how to fix the hair is to see what is under there. I think to fix the hair you would have to peel everything off, and reshape the head to account for the poof of the hair...and then restick with toupee tape (because that's what the sticky stuff feels like that's gluing down the hair onto the plastic.) So...there you go. I hope you enjoyed the show.
DSC00595.jpg

Yes I too was caught in the bloody Hasslein Curve last night so I retired.

Wow Jessica, you wasted no time at all. This picture reminds me of a Six Million Dollar man episode, when Steve Austin had to battle the androids and their faces would come off. :lol

Creecher, your reaction shot is priceless.

I just canceled all existing orders from SideSHow... :chew I'm free, I'm Free.

AlterEgo confirmed my order this morning, and said they will be processing my order today. So, maybe another week? Can't wait. I dropped my order to Ursus, 1 Capt., and 2 Soldiers.

KFOG I'm going to go to the USPS soon to mail out your order. :gun

Hey IM, Here is a link to R&R Customs. Richard & Rhonda are great people. Rhonda makes all the hats but currently is on the disabled list as she recently returned from the hospital after having surgery. YOu can drop Richard a line, just wait a couple of days and he should get back to you.

https://www.canadauk51.webs.com/

KFOG can vouch for their quality. Great stuff.

kfog you have a PM.

Hi Creecher! Sorry, I just could not get through that Hasslein curve last night to return your question. You can send emails by clicking on the user name of the person you want to send a message and then go from there.:emperor

Hey IM, Here is a link to R&R Customs. Richard & Rhonda are great people. Rhonda makes all the hats but currently is on the disabled list as she recently returned from the hospital after having surgery. YOu can drop Richard a line, just wait a couple of days and he should get back to you.

https://www.canadauk51.webs.com/

KFOG can vouch for their quality. Great stuff.

Yes! It is all top quality customs!:monkey5

Sticks/KFog: What did you guys trade? I want to see. I want to see. Did you trade for that "Landon" figure I recently posted?

Kfog: What are your plans for the ape kit bash once your monkeys arrive? Hey! Where are your Conquest apes? Pix please?!

Jess: Just called Aves. I ordered a 4-pound container of Apoxie Sculpt and an 8 oz container of part just A. Did you know you could actually order part A and part B separately?

My Apoxie is about tapped out. I'm not sure that I even had enough to do these beards for Sticks. I'm looking forward to doing these.

What I need to do is find my liquid plastic so I can see if Zira's mold is a success or not. I still have a tub of A and B from Aves that's still good...probably half of a 4-pound container.

I think 2 gorillas, Milo, Virgil. I am sure I have more--it's just been so long since I've been at the mold making.

No, only Carsia, and looking at her again, I'm going to add more layers--like maybe another 50 layers of wash to perfect her. I want her to look as smooth as my Zira. Call me crazy, but if that's what it's going to take to make her perfect, I'm going to do it.

Angel, I'm not sure. I left it up to KFog.

I sent him a Cornelius, Zira, and Dr. Z

Hopefully they are to his liking. :)

Jessica, I was thinking, would a water treatment help with the bulky mane?

Sticks--maybe. I'll have to try out various hair treatments for that fake fur...that and blow-drying down may help some!! Good idea!

I am also thinking about using a razor to shorten the hair, the ones barbers use so that I could layer it. I'd have to play with it some...but of course, he needs cornrows first just for yucks. When I'm back from the Forbidden Zone I'll have fun with him before I do his makeover.

Last edited:
AlterEgo confirmed my order this morning, and said they will be processing my order today. So, maybe another week? Can't wait. I dropped my order to Ursus, 1 Capt., and 2 Soldiers.

You can also ask them to "bundle" the apes and they will ship them all out when they get them all in. You save additional $$$ that way.

As for when they are shipping from Alter Ego... you might have to sit tight. According to their most recent newsletter, the Apes are not expected to arrive within the next 30 days. Ouch!

I ordered the Hot Toys Hellboy figures from Alter Ego and it seemed like I was the very last Freak Board member to get them. But I saved BIG on them though.

With discounts come much waiting. :banghead:banghead:banghead

Back