Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sticks: Here's the before and after on the beards. Once it dries I may add some minor touch ups.

:woo Awesome job as usual Angel.

I've been putting my figures together in the meantime. So here's my Marines

That cool modified Patton sculpt will go on the Guy with the pipe, 2nd from the left, as he doesn't really fit in.

IMG_1425.jpg

Haha I think I have Brent and Marine Taylor's hats mixed up.

Last edited:
Here are a few more shots of my new additions.

A Confederate Sailor, and a DEAD Billy Yank. KFOG I'm really thinking of getting that casket you saw on R&R's site. The DEAD Yank with arms crossed might look very cool, thanks for the suggestion.

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

Sorry I know this one is very dark, but you get the idea of what I'm going for.

Dr.Zaius - Where are you? I have a custom Ursus Helmet for your SS figure that you once wanted. I also have that Conquest DVD (Extended version) for you. Send me your address and I'll hook you up.

Hey Brother, I will send you my address. Just found your post! Thanks

This is what lies behind the face:
DSC00591.jpg

The only way to figure out how to fix the hair is to see what is under there. I think to fix the hair you would have to peel everything off, and reshape the head to account for the poof of the hair...and then restick with toupee tape (because that's what the sticky stuff feels like that's gluing down the hair onto the plastic.) So...there you go. I hope you enjoyed the show.
DSC00595.jpg

You have gutts Jess! I would have been too afraid to pull him apart. What are your plans, if any, for the face?

Hello All,

This weather is playing havoc on my equipment so I think I'm striking the set today. Just too much lightning. I'm doing well thank you. I think my SS commercial came out very well, hopefully it'll make 2nd or third this year as I did not see it. A lot of those videos didn't stick to the theme but hey, as long as everyone had fun doing it, I think that's all that matters, Lets see. Hopefully it'll be somewhere in the top three and I'd love to hear some feedback. If it gets shown later this month, I think you'll recognize it right away. :)

Sorry no Apes this year but it is as equally good in my opinion. I'll let you judge.

Jess, that photo is very cool. It looks professional. If you want I can blur your last name a little if that would comfort you so you could post it with no fears.

In the meantime I had Dr. Z beamed aboard my Mego (DidaDisplay) Enterprise. My two year old niece really loves these things and knows everyones name, even the Aliens. Mugato is her favorite figure but all the others are close behind.

IMG_0548.jpg

Hey IM I will send those phasers back soon, Thank you for letting me use them, I just wish I had time to do another ST episode.

I think Zaius is proably saying, "Knowledge. Death and Destruction! In the history of this world, one has been the same as the other. Destroy everything in here. Burn this place to the ground!":monkey1

You have gutts Jess! I would have been too afraid to pull him apart. What are your plans, if any, for the face?

I'm planning to do minor cosmetic dental surgery on him. I think I will make a mold first and experiment...but I want his teeth to come up from the bottom and for the teeth to be not so long/toothy.

What I also am dying to do is when I make a mold of his face, I'm going to make a cast and then sculpt gorilla hair on that. Also, get another cast and rehair it with doll wool...maybe feel up some fur animals at Borders and see if I can find some fur that could be cut up for the gorilla hair. It's all experimental and just theory for now.

Sticks, I'm going to NBO. It's a 35-hour one way journey on the first leg. I've accumulated enough sleepless nights so I am zombie-like now and will not have trouble sleeping for the 15-hour flight.

Zoiks!! Hasslein Curve again. I've had too much sangria to stay up and be sober...gotta watch what I post in case I start drunk posting. Toodles, guys.

Angel, your beards are great!! Any advice on my adding a goatee to a sculpt? I want to modify a sculpt or two but I don't know about getting that "real hair" appearance you bring out in them.

I'm planning to do minor cosmetic dental surgery on him. I think I will make a mold first and experiment...but I want his teeth to come up from the bottom and for the teeth to be not so long/toothy.

What I also am dying to do is when I make a mold of his face, I'm going to make a cast and then sculpt gorilla hair on that.

Jess - I'm soooo glad to hear this! I'm hoping for a few more gorilla heads. I totally agree about your comments about the teeth.:D

Last edited:
Here are a few more shots of my new additions.

A Confederate Sailor, and a DEAD Billy Yank. KFOG I'm really thinking of getting that casket you saw on R&R's site. The DEAD Yank with arms crossed might look very cool, thanks for the suggestion.

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

Sorry I know this one is very dark, but you get the idea of what I'm going for.

Oh man, get the casket! That dead yank is going to kick ass! :moon

Angel, your beards are great!! Any advice on my adding a goatee to a sculpt? I want to modify a sculpt or two but I don't know about getting that "real hair" appearance you bring out in them.

Ironman - Goatees?! That would be a snap. Send them to me and I'll do it for you. Send me a few off those extra Planet of the Apes stands you mentioned as payment. Might use them someday. :cool:

Sticks - Do you want goatees on any of yours or only beards?:confused:

Remember the official photo of the Hot Toys gorilla when it was first announced? It looked like he had hair plugs, no?
14POTA_GorillaSoldier.jpg

The outfit is totally fantastic, especially the vest. The only thing is when you pose him in an action shot, the velcro unsticks to itself.

I think it was insanely smart of Hot Toys to have gone this route, to have a gorilla face that you can pop off and change. It would be so easy for them to recreate Julius.

Sticks - Do you want goatees on any of yours or only beards?:confused:

Just beards for now, Thank you so much Angel, hopefully your new chimps will arrive today.

I can't wait to see what you're doing Jess, BTW have a very safe flight. We will all miss you, but will do our best to keep the fight alive!

PZ, I know you had mentioned that this will be your last year at SDCC. However, we are planning to get a whole bunch of apes to attend in full ape regalia at SDCC 2010. Including me and my two sons, there are about 8 apes that will be there in full ape reglia. The plan is to meet and hang out on Saturday at the con. I'm posting this news to all of the apes groups I belong to so that everyone can plan ahead (start gathering chimpchange for their flights, hotels, etc...) and even be in costume if they are brave and willing.

Angel you had mentioned that it going under the goo would be something to do once in your lifetime. I believe that this SDCC is the place to do it, since it is a high profile con. Can you please try to make it so that we can all meet finally?

Ironman and gang...let's all try to make it to SDCC, ok? Even if you are not in ape gear. I want all the movers and shakers of ape society to be there.

Back