Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironman1188 said:
... just a little B'day treat to myself.

By the way, I don't know if it was mentioned anywhere else....

Happy Birthday Ironman!!! :clap :clap :clap

:fireworks :fest :fireworks :fest :fireworks

Last edited:
angelofmusic2112 said:
I should put them on eBay and watch you guys duke it out. :lsvader

That's against ape LAW!

Angel since my recent injuries I can't move around that much. I'm very interested in your Ape custom stuff:
Flags, G-counter, armband, whistles, Man-catchers, machine gun so if and when you make more please let me know. I'd rather buy direct from you instead of going through E-bay. Price is no concern to me and it would save you $ on not having to post your auction. I'm a seriouus collector and would make it worth your while. Thanks

Happy B-Day IronMan!

Thanks Stickman!!
Angel's stuff is definitely primo!! Matter of fact, we need to talk. I didn't know you made all that other stuff. :monkey5

angelofmusic2112 said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY IRONMAN! I'LL HAVE TO SEND YOU SOMETHING... HOW ABOUT A BIG BAG OF $$$?

That would be great, Angel. Or a good dose of common sense as I appear to have misplaced mine this weekend. :drool

angelofmusic2112 said:
Gee Whiz Stickman, sounds like you want everything I got!

Yes, I could start making some stuff for you. Let's just start with some of the simple stuff... How many whistles and how many man-catchers do you want? So you want the red flag with a gorilla on it? Cool! I just made a couple extra flags 2 days ago. I guess it was for you, and I didn't even know it! How many armbands do you want? How many submachine guns are you after? I'm sure you only want one geiger counter right? Just understand, this stuff doesn't happen overnight... but I'd keep you posted on the progress if I just knew how many, and what, you’re little monkey heart desires with regards to the apes.

I have lots of my own projects going on already that I haven’t even mentioned to you guys yet, and many more plans for my apes. In time, I’d like to create a Caesar Statue like a “Battle” with a tear rolling down his face. I also want to re-create Taylor’s trial scene, complete with the other orangutan’s, the stone table and chairs, table accessories, and right on down the line. A complete diorama! PZ will flip out over that... when the day actually comes! That'll be lots and lots of work. The head sculpts will really tough for me, but with enough time and retries, it'll work itself out. That's how I made Virgil. If it doesn't look right ... it ain't right.

I have all the time in the world apparently. L&I is now planning to pension me for the rest of my life! :monkey2 My injury has been a serious blow to me but at least I know I have fellow ape fans like the ones in this thread that like to go all out for this ape line.

Angel you are a true blessing! I know PZ will flip when he learns about your diorama ideas, he's talked about that idea since the beginning of this thread. The court room scene is almost as iconic as the Ape-O-Nauts.
When, and only when you have the time, here is my order:
2 Man catchers
3 sub machine guns
1 of each arm band unless they are the same; then 2
1 of each flag, I guess that equals 4? (3 pink BOPTA and 1 T.V.)
1 Caesar chain = :monkey3
1 geiger counter
6 bone whistles
and 1 Doomsday Bomb!!!! :naughty

I understand that this will take some time Angel, and I will gladly pay you for it! I want to buff my gorilla army like never before. Was it you and your apes that did the reviews for Michael Crawford? :rolleyes: Glad to have you be a part of this thread.

From the very first page of this thread; IM, PZ, Dr.Z and Me have thought of many diorama playsets that SS should and could have made.; the slave wagon, Doomsday platform, slave wagon, and trail scene being among them. I can't wait to see your updates.

Just let me know what you can actually do. I know you don't want to part with that atomic god just yet. :D Thanks my friend. Give me a price, address and the check will be in the mail!

IM- You know I'm in for the HS so when you're ready just let me know the total and that $ will be on its way! BTW IM would you want one of these for your B-Day Gift?
planetoftheapes026.jpg

I don't use them because they only attach to DML bodies which stand too tall IMO, and I never use them. Just let me know. If you do PM me your address AGAIN in NJ and I'll send it soon!:D

Long live the Apes!!!

angelofmusic2112 said:
Thanx! You know how to reach me Steve... what's on your mind? ~Mark~

Well, we need to work out a deal for anything you make that I don't have. LOL
I see where I went wrong with my flags now. I tried to just print them out on material. Not the better way it seems. :(
When you get caught up I could really use one of these for the photostory:
https://www.members.aol.com/ccspevam/apcpg1.html

Thanks Angel I sent you a PM with my email address. Yes I was thinking of the chain or leash at the beginning of the film.

Oh and Michael Crawford does do reveiws for all sorts of figures, I thought maybe the person that did the POTA reviews might have been you. Here is his web site if your interested:

https://www.mwctoys.com/pastreviews.htm

Stickman, email me too. Its easier than dealing with the small amount of PM's allowed.
Also, just saw on another POTA site that Pete Wallbank was at the Con. Now, I'm really miffed. That man does some outstanding Apes artwork!!!

Last edited:
Greetings simian subjects of the Lawgiver. I haven't stopped in for a few days. My two sons were in town... We saw "The Lookout", not a bad flick, I recommend it.

Wow a lot of activity here... Angelofmusic? An Ape Master??
I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone has delusions of grandeur.

No... it is just great to see a new enthusiasm and energy in this thread. We Ape fans are a faithful lot with a lot of creativity and dedication. And I agree with Ironman this is the most welcoming and easygoing thread on this site. Very non-judgemental and supportive. Long live the Apes...

and long live you guys.

Last edited:
angelofmusic2112 said:
I have lots of my own projects going on already that I haven’t even mentioned to you guys yet, and many more plans for my apes. In time, I’d like to create a Caesar Statue like a “Battle” with a tear rolling down his face. I also want to re-create Taylor’s trial scene, complete with the other orangutan’s, the stone table and chairs, table accessories, and right on down the line. A complete diorama! PZ will flip out over that... when the day actually comes! That'll be lots and lots of work. The head sculpts will really tough for me, but with enough time and retries, it'll work itself out. That's how I made Virgil. If it doesn't look right ... it ain't right.

Okay... fellow Apemaniacs... consider me flipped out! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

All of your ideas sound great, Angel... especially the Caesar statue. But a whole tribunal scene... WOW! Will that include Dr. Honorius? :monkey1 :monkey1 :monkey1

Just the thought of other orangutans does that to me. What I wouldn't give to get an orangutan priest to go with my Lawgiver statue!!! :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Virgil? I'm I to understand you sculpted a Virgil? Pics? :confused:

I'm with you Proto, I'd love to see the tribunal. See no Evil, Speak no Evil, Hear no Evil. Iconic!! Plus the stone chairs and table. Priceless!!! Angel is the best.

Protozaius said:
Okay... fellow Apemaniacs... consider me flipped out! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

All of your ideas sound great, Angel... especially the Caesar statue. But a whole tribunal scene... WOW! Will that include Dr. Honorius? :monkey1 :monkey1 :monkey1

Just the thought of other orangutans does that to me. What I wouldn't give to get an orangutan priest to go with my Lawgiver statue!!! :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Virgil? I'm I to understand you sculpted a Virgil? Pics? :confused:

Is that you beside the Caesar Statue PZ?

I haven't been able to keep caught up like I would like to be. We just found out that my mom's throat cancer has returned. She is looking at a very major surgery. I ask all of my fellow Ape freinds for their prayers for her. She goes tomorrow for a test to see if she has cancer any place else.

Ironman, a very happy but belated Birthday to you my dear friend.

I see that you all are going to put angelofmusic to work. I tell you from first hand experience his stuff is awesome! The Ape Whistles are better than Sideshows and look more like the movie. I like his Ursus Machine Gun better than the one that came with Ursus. Speaking of Ursus, if you can, get him to make you a new flap for yours. The one he makes to replace the Sideshow attempt makes the figure look more actual to the screen version. Do you have any pics Angle of the Ursus with your improved flap? If not, let me know and I will take some pics and post them. I have one of his Julius also! Very well done. His man catcher is very well made also.

Talk to you all soon!!!!

Thanks DZ!
Now I really need to see Angel's machine gun!! Oh, hell, who am I kidding? I want to see everything!!! See? You're right, I just WANT everything!!!! I'll be googling you all later, then it will be time to
INVADE......INVADE......INVADE!!!!!

stickman said:
Thanks Angel I sent you a PM with my email address. Yes I was thinking of the chain or leash at the beginning of the film.

Oh and Michael Crawford does do reveiws for all sorts of figures, I thought maybe the person that did the POTA reviews might have been you. Here is his web site if your interested:

https://www.mwctoys.com/pastreviews.htm

STICKMAN, Silly question... what do you mean "sent you a PM?" What's a PM? ~Angel~

Angel, I made the mistake of trying to print the image right onto material. Your way is definitely the better way to go. As far as Virgil, I think you need to think about selling some casts of him. :monkey3

Don't sell yourself short Angel. Your stuff is just great. You've only been at it a year and you've impressed everyone here. Plus we all are our own toughest critics.

Back