Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry guys. I don't like "padding" the post count like some other threads but I needed POST #3082 to be in this thread.
3082 - the year astronauts Virdon, Burke and Jones crashed onto the PLANET OF THE APES

RIP Jonesy. :monkey2

The open mouth effect is rather impressive. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Have you tried to show some teeth using Zaius or Cornelius? :confused:

Ironman1188 said:
Sorry guys. I don't like "padding" the post count like some other threads but I needed POST #3082 to be in this thread.
3082 - the year astronauts Virdon, Burke and Jones crashed onto the PLANET OF THE APES

RIP Jonesy. :monkey2

3082... what a milestone. I'm not even half way there. With Sideshow cancelling all of my favorite lines and all, it might be a LONG time before I get there. :rolleyes:

Yeah, poor Jonesy... down-sized to streamline the narrative. He deserved better. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Funny, my son and I sat down and watched the first episode a few days ago and I noticed something a few things about the episode that I've never before.

It's the first scene with the apes approaching the space ship in the beginning of the episode. The first shot erroneously shows Urko approaching the wreck(he is the only one with a white horse:D ) on a nearby road, then it cuts to our heroes. When it cuts to the APes approaching the ship, Urko is not present. That is because Urko has yet to be introduced! Continuity! :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Also, I noticed that when Burke and Virdon are wearing the ANSA jumpsuits their names don't seem to appear above the ANSA logo like Taylor. The flap around the neck is strategically hanging over the name plate. Perhaps the producers thought that they would be in those suits for such a short period of time that the detail didn't need to be added. I say this because I have had it in the back of my mind, the problem of adding Burke or Virdon to the Sideshow's Taylor jumpsuit if a custom job was to be attempted. Well, it seems that we just need to remove Taylor's name. :D

Last edited:
Or just "black out" the name
POTA-TVJones.jpg

Ya got me Angel! What a great teaser... If you impressed yourself it must be GREAT!!! And a simple Mod too.

You are a great impovisor. I can't wait, but I guess I'll have to.

How about a little hint?

Don't worry Proto... Angel has yet to let us down.

I'm also curious as to what he has in store tonight.

I take it back... This is the first time you've let us down. Or me down.

I have always hated the final film in the series so I may not be your intended audience.

Don't get me wrong I've loved what you've done with your apes but the tease for this mod did not live up to the hype and anticipation.

Regardless... Please keep up the goood work. Remember you can't please all of the people all of the time... I'm sure there are a lot of ape fans who will get a lot out of your newest mod.

jungle jom said:
I take it back... This is the first time you've let us down. Or me down.

I have always hated the final film in the series so I may not be your intended audience.

Don't get me wrong I've loved what you've done with your apes but the tease for this mod did not live up to the hype and anticipation.

Regardless... Please keep up the goood work. Remember you can't please all of the people all of the time... I'm sure there are a lot of ape fans who will get a lot out of your newest mod.

OUCH!!!
Battle is not my favorite of the films either, but WOW!!! Angel that is a great switch on the uni and a great job throwing MacDonald together.
What type dye did you use?
More info!!

Last edited:
Hi guys! I've been toying with the idea of replacing the sweater type material at the bottom of the sleeves of Cornelius and the inner sleeves of Zira with a more film accurate material. From pictures I've seen and the films themselves it appears to be a soft burlap material with a very thick weave.

So I'm looking for a brown 1/6 scale burlap as a replacement. I've never been a 100% happy with the look of the outfits and I am inspired by the work of others on this forum(Angel).

Any ideas of what I should use?

Thanks in advance.

I am finally back to this great forum. I really like what angelofmusic2112(Mark) did with the dye to make the McDonald figure. I would have every main Character done from the first two movies if I had the talent and the go onto the third, fourth, and fifth. I used to get 1/9th scale Planet of the Apes Customs from Mathew Sotis who is an Apes enthusiest and is mentioned in the sauseville book. I had sold all those items years ago mainly to a gentlemen in Australia. I had the Apes museum, Urco headquarters, hunter Apes on horseback, Landon in his tattered Astronaut clothing. The list goes on. There are so many ideas to work with here! Just think how significant Landon and Dodge would have been to collecting if they would have let them live a little further in the first Movie. For that fact, stewart is brought up many times on the "what if" discussion. Any comments on this subject? Thankyou!:rolleyes:

kfog41 said:
I am finally back to this great forum. I really like what angelofmusic2112(Mark) did with the dye to make the McDonald figure. I would have every main Character done from the first two movies if I had the talent and the go onto the third, fourth, and fifth. I used to get 1/9th scale Planet of the Apes Customs from Mathew Sotis who is an Apes enthusiest and is mentioned in the sauseville book. I had sold all those items years ago mainly to a gentlemen in Australia. I had the Apes museum, Urco headquarters, hunter Apes on horseback, Landon in his tattered Astronaut clothing. The list goes on. There are so many ideas to work with here! Just think how significant Landon and Dodge would have been to collecting if they would have let them live a little further in the first Movie. For that fact, stewart is brought up many times on the "what if" discussion. Any comments on this subject? Thankyou!:rolleyes:

I would love a Landon and Dodge figure - I just wish that companies would gamble outside the box and make these.... instead of Endor Troopers:rolleyes:

All the Way from post #2 of this ever growing thread!

Stickman said:
Hey IronMan1188 I just wanted to post a little tidbit i wrote for another forum. Come on SS don't let us down!!

*TV series not included*
-Three pack of Ape-O-Nauts with floating capsule (new sculpt Milo)- $150.
-Scientist Milo - with foot stand and banana (Exclusive) -$45.
-Armando (new sculpt) with Chains for Caesar and anti ape poster - $50.
Slave Aldo (New sculpt) in Red Jumpsuit with broom and dustpan, garbage can and cigar (exclusive) - $55.
Orangutan (new sculpt) in Orange jumpsuit with various weapons.
Chimpanzee Lisa (new sculpt)- bottle of wine and blanket (exclusive) $50
Governor Breck (new Sculpt) with book of Names and video monitor showing Ape uprising - $55
Macdonald (new sculpt) with electrocution bed - $60.
Ape Riot Squad member in Anti Ape gear with riot shield and shotgun (exclusive) $50 -$55
General Aldo - with burning torch $45 -
Virgil (exclusive) with 12" Caesar statue - $55 - $60

Accessories, diorama display, or Play sets:

-Sinking Icurus backdrop prop
-Slave wagon
-Ape Police HQ with holding Cell, desk, chair, Anti human Poster, Ape flag!!! And burning torch (TV series) -
-Ape House and Catwalk with net dropping action
-Stuffed Human with lobotomy on display for Ape Museum.
-Subway tunnel Backdrop
-Forbidden Zone Scarecrows
-Alpha Omega Doomsday Bomb with stairway platform
-Mini statue of Liberty Prop
-Burning City backdrop from Escape from the POTA
-Tree Prop with Little Chimpanzee Caesar Jr. from Battle POTA
-Rear school bus door with battle damage includes "No Apes Allowed" sticker and working LED "No Crossing" lights also from Battle for the POTA.

ironman1188 said:
I like your ideas but your prices are worse than Sideshows. I would, of course, need them all, but might have to revert back to ebay for some at those prices. :lol
And not including the TV series!!! Blasphemy!!!

LOL - Those prices sound pretty good now don't they?

stickman said:
I would love a Landon and Dodge figure - I just wish that companies would gamble outside the box and make these.... instead of Endor Troopers:rolleyes:

All the Way from post #2 of this ever growing thread!

LOL - Those prices sound pretty good now don't they?

LOL! Where's the "eating crow" smiley?

Any good suggestions for applying hair to arms? I'm thinking of making a new soldier/warrior gorilla but his arms need to be haired up.

I've done it, Ironman. I used crepe hair; it is inexpensive and a good substitute for the texture of Ape hair and it is fairly easy to use. I used friendly plastic as the glue and had decent results but I am sure there is a better adhesive out there. The crepe hair is available in many shades of color at a make-up or theatrical supply house. Here is a shot of my Hasbro Cornelius forearms that I did before Sideshow added its Ape figures. The technique I used was to start at the knuckles and work my way back, each additional course of hair hid the glue from the previous course.

Last edited:
That technique looks very interesting JJ I'd like to try it at some point. Again I appluad you for your Nova outfit, it looks fantastic.

Back