Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the old Nova costume I made for a Hasbro figure. It is not the same one I currently use for the SS figure. I learned from the first one and the second is vastly improved; much more screen accurate.

Thanks for the complement though Sticks.

Last edited:
Wow! What a great use of that fake hair Jungle Jom! Can it be bought anywhere on the internet? You Nova outfit is just awesome!

Here are a few pictures of some custom figures I saw elsewhere on the internet that you could use for inspiration. Perhaps you could make these make too and share your creations with us.

You can check out this guys other customs as he has pictures posted at the following website.
https://msotis.home.mindspring.com/index.htm

Last edited:
I received my EXCLUSIVE General Ursus in the mail today! (What a great looking ape figure and submachine gun!) I'd like to thank both Cool Toy Review, and Sideshow Collectibles for having this contest!

Many Thanks!

Shompdog said:
I received my EXCLUSIVE General Ursus in the mail today! (What a great looking ape figure and submachine gun!) I'd like to thank both Cool Toy Review, and Sideshow Collectibles for having this contest!

Many Thanks!

Shomp - Glad to hear that you won and that you really enjoy the Ape. Dave you did a great job with the Cool Toy Review!

Don't tell me, tell everyone else :)

BTW, I'm hoping to have a Buffy week in the next while. With luck I'll muster up some prizes for that one too.

Hi Ape fans,

Here are the 3 submachine guns that I made over the weekend. Within these pictures are also other custom items. The gorilla horn is just a very crude prototype I made. I expect the next horn to be much better. I made this one just to get an idea on what size it should be.

Other items that were created which you may want to try: The leather hood on Ursus, the whistle around the gorillas neck, the red gorilla flag, the metal horse stirrups, the leather holster for the rifle, I changed the color of the Hasbro backpack, changed the color of the rifles, added rope, and opened the gorillas mouth and put teeth in his head.

~Angel~:angelsmil

Last edited:
Really nice work as always, Angel. I can't wait to see the next project you decide to try.

jungle jom said:
Shomp... You can order crepe hair in 14 different shades for $2.50 a braided foot. Once it is straightened and ironed flat that should yield well over two feet. Here is a link.

https://www.aboyd.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ABC 20-203

Hey Jungle, When you use this technique, do to you have to add each hair individually? I really like what you did with the ape hands, and with Nova's hair... And her custom clothes! Good stuff!

I really like that open mouth look. I'll have to try it one day when I have a spare gorilla head.

the SMGs look great!

Hi Angel. The hair does not need to be applied individually or I'd still be at it. It does have to be applied small amounts at a time and one layer at a time.

The hair should be applied in exess lenght so it can be put on easier and should be trimmed down to length once the application is completed.

What are you planning Angel? Perhaps a Julius with no sleaves as seen when Taylor is sprung from his cage by Lucius?

Or maybe steambath Ursus and Zaius?

Not really sure Jungle,

That surgeon pic of Galen caught my attention as posted by SHOMPDOG a few days ago. I like your ideas as well regarding Julius! The hair you put on Nova also was really cool for some other mute humans! Not sure when something will happen, but I'd like to try this at some point really soon... There's so much to work with regarding the apes! To many ideas, not enough time. All these projects eat up lots of time! (as you already know.) I can really learn something from you, I like your stuff. ~Angel~

Back at ya, Angel...

Yes Galen, the blood transfusion and throat operation, how could I have forgotten.

I don't know where I saw this but it is a great idea, I tried this last night.

The easiest mod but improves the figure.

Paint the black snaps on the Taylor and Brent astronaut suits white. Simple, easy, and effective.

Last edited:
I also did that to my Forbidden Zone Taylor the day I received him JUNGLE. Painting the black snaps white does makes it look better. The black snaps took away from the uniform if you ask me.

APE CONTEST???

Hey! I was thinking about having my own little contest this weekend with all you wonderful ape fans. I'm thinking about asking a question that even you guys will have to research! This won't be an easy one to answer, trust me! I'm thinking the first person to respond to me in writing with the correct answer will receive a custom made armband (as worn by Caesar in CONQUEST POTA), a custom made man catcher, and an custom made ape whistle. I'll ONLY pay for shipping to the winner in the USA and you'll only get one (1) chance to win. No multiple guesses or you'll be disqualified. I'm thinking that I'll post my ape question this coming Sunday at 8:00 am EST right here on SIDESHOW FREAKS. Are you up for it? I'm thinking you'll have to actually watch and/or peruse the apes movies or TV series in order to get the answer! This would only be fun if you were an ape fan! ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Sounds like fun... though I am a bit rusty with the ape trivia :D

Last edited:
Back