Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in too Angel... And if I win you can award that armband to the runner up. I'd love to win a whistle and man catcher however!

I misread that as Sunday at 8PM. I'll be at work too at 8AM. Angel... could you push that back by two hours?

Okay. Okay. How about I start at 10:00 AM Eastern Standard Time this coming Sunday? I'm really flexible. That means I don't have to wake up early!

You guys are going to have to help me a little bit with this. I don't want people submitting an answer and then going back and editing their answer saying they were 1st with the correct answer. That would be cheating. :mad:

We have to police this contest to keep everyone straight! I'm thinking about having the answer submitted to my e-mail address as opposed to posting on this long running ape string. Would that be better?

Regarding the contest: You'll need to have your DVD out and ready. I hope everyone has the POTA Television series on DVD... I've made up my mind on the question already. It's going to be like an egg hunt or finding Waldo in Where's Waldo. The way I see it, only a true ape fan will find the answer... even if he/she has to look hard for it! I wish you all luck! :newangel

APE CONTEST!

Get out your Apes DVD from the Television Series; you’re going to need it if you want to win this contest.

All right ape fans! It’s now official. There will be Ape Contest that will commence this coming Sunday, April 15th, 2007.

You’ll find the actual question posted right here, at Sideshow Freaks, on this long running Planet of the Apes thread, beginning at 10:00 AM Eastern Standard Time. Come back at that time to see the actual question.

The 1st correct answer received at this e-mail address will be the winner.
[email protected]

All four (4) of the following questions must be answered, and be must be 100% correct in order to qualify as a correct answer. (NOTE: Your answers MUST be numbered 1 thru 4 and correspond to the questions below or you will not win.) :(

1. What is the name of the TV Episode?

2. What is the chapter number on the DVD?

3. What is the chapter name on the DVD?

4. Briefly describe EXACTLY where you saw it so that others can see it also.

The 1st correct answer received at the aforementioned e-mail address will be the winner of several custom made items. The custom items include an ape whistle, an ape armband (as seen in the movie Conquest of the POTA) and a control stick for your Sideshow figures. I will only pay for shipping to the winner in the USA. If you’re not in the USA, and want these items shipped to you, I’ll ship them to you at your expense. The winner will be announced here at Sideshow Freaks on this long running ape thread. If you fail to acknowledge me within 7 days, you will forfeit the prize, and I will award the prize to the person who answered the four (4) questions the fastest, and 100% correctly, in accordance with the rules mentioned here.

Last edited:
Good luck to all that play, it sounds like its shaping up to be an exciting contest. I'll be away this weekend so enjoy!

:fireworks APE CONTEST!:fireworks

Question:

Do you remember the spiked metal club that Brent uses against Taylor in Beneath The Planet of the Apes? Did you know that the same spiked weapon could also be seen in the television series?

I want you to tell me EXACTLY where that spiked metal club can be seen in the Apes Television series. You only have to find the spiked metal club in one (1) location. Be the first to find it, answer the 4 questions below, and shoot me your e-mail. The person who responds first with the correct answer will be the grandprize winner! (2nd place may even get a little something…):rolleyes:

I can tell you this. The spiked metal club can be seen in at least 2 different television episodes, and can be seen in at least 3 different chapters! Your answer may NOT be the same as my answer… and that’s okay. I can verify your answer as long as you respond to all four of the following questions.

All four (4) of the following questions must be answered, and must be 100% correct in order to qualify as a correct answer. (NOTE: Your answers MUST be numbered 1 thru 4 and correspond to the questions below or you will not win.) :(

1. What is the name of the TV Episode?

2. What is the chapter number on the DVD?

3. What is the chapter name on the DVD?

4. Briefly describe EXACTLY where you saw it so that others can see it also.

So what are you waiting for? Get out your Apes DVD from the Television Series. You’re going to need it if you want to win this contest.

The 1st correct answer received at [email protected] will be the winner of several custom made items. The custom items include an ape whistle, an ape armband (as seen in the movie Conquest of the POTA) and a control stick for your Sideshow figures. I will only pay for shipping to the winner in the USA. If you’re not in the USA, and want these items shipped to you, I’ll ship them to you at your expense. The winner will be announced here at Sideshow Freaks on this long running ape thread. If you fail to acknowledge me within 7 days, you will forfeit the prize, and I will award the prize to the person who answered the four (4) questions the fastest, and 100% correctly, in accordance with the rules mentioned here.

I got it Angel! Unfortunately I don't have it on DVD. So I can't give you chapter number and name but I will E mail you with the other answers.

Congrats Ironman... that was fast! Now blow your whistle wear your arm band and catch some humans!

I would like to also thank Angel for the contest. It was fun and a bit of a challenge. I got lucky by stumbling on the answer as quickly as I did. I knew I didn't stand a chance of winning since I don't own the DVDs but fun, none the less, to be in on the hunt for the anwser. Thanks again Angel for the contest, generosity in your prizes and what you've brought to this thread.

Last edited:
Here are the ANSWERS to the Ape Contest which is now closed. These are only some of the possible answers that would have won. I'm sure there are many more.

The Horse Race - Chapter 7 - The New Prefect

When Burke, Virdon and Galen enter the office of Prefect Barlow, they enter in through the main door. The spiked club is hanging beside the main door where they entered his office. You can see it just after Barlow says, “You probably need my help again…” As Virdon responds, you can see it behind him, hanging on the wall in the background.

The Horse Race - Chapter 10 – Raising the Stakes

The spiked club is hanging beside the main door located in the office of Prefect Barlow. It can be seen numerous times as General Urko speaks to Barlow about raising the stakes. It is hanging on the wall near the Lawgiver statue.

The Interrogation - Chapter 11- Urko’s Records

Galen and Virdon break into Urko’s Office. You’ll see Galen light a candle and the camera shifts to Alan Virdon opening a glass cabinet filled with records. The spiked club is hanging on the wall behind him.

Escape from Tomorrow - Chapter 2- Crash Landing

Outside the gate to the left of the guard as the Prefects son arrives. You'll see it near the gate. Cool!

The Deception - Chapter 10 - A Story of Deception

The scene where Pete is threatening a Gorilla with the club and Alan is holding him in a sitting position on the floor.

Thanks to those of you who played, I had fun with this and may have another contest sometime soon. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
Thanks again for doing this contest Angel.
Hopefully, if another is ever done we can get more activity from it on the board. This one was a lot of fun!!

Back