Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they presented it as the exclusive I would certainly contact them and ask what happened. It may have been an honest mistake. I have never dealt with them to kknow what their business practice was like.

Yeah, for now I'll give them the benifit of the doubt. If you go to their web-site it shows the picture of the exclusive but has the description of the regular.

Shaun-o

I'd call them up and tell them about the mistake which they made. Tell them you already have this figure and tell them the item you received is NOT the same item they are advertising on eBay. Tell them they are advertising the EXCLUSIVE figure and that they did not send you the correct figure. Tell them that the picture they are using, and their description, indicates they are selling the EXCLUSIVE figure on eBay! Tell them you ordered the EXCLUSIVE version, not the one they sent.

If Whitewizardtoys is sending an item other than the EXCLUSIVE, they are misadvertising on eBay and you should tell them. If they fail to correct this, and do not correct this problem for you, I'd also notify eBay. I'd deal with them first, and explain what they did. I'm hoping they just made a simple mistake and can make things right for you.

The following description is being used by whitewizardtoys on eBay for Item number 130025096954.

This here is a premium format figure from Sideshow's highly acclaimed line of 12" figures.

This Sideshow Exclusive Edition of Dr. Zaius has over 30 points of articulation for full range of motion and comes with a cane and four scrolls of varying sizes. Dr. Zaius also comes with a completely new costume. As with the entire POTA figure series, all ship with a 12 inch 'Planet of the Apes' figure stand.

Last edited:
Well, I had them refund the difference as if I had purchased it from amok time. Everything sort of worked out becase I needed a Zaius any way. Still kind of bumbed it wasn't the exclusive though.:monkey2

I just got the exclusive last week thanks to Josh... I'd be pissed with the seller if I were you. You can currently find regular Zaius for $15 at Chinnook Hobbie (tell I sent you :monkey3 )

0009343.jpg

As if that wasn't cool enough, I also got my POTA grail this last week.

0009343.jpg

D. Martin said:
I just got the exclusive last week thanks to Josh... I'd be pissed with the seller if I were you. You can currently find regular Zaius for $15 at Chinnook Hobbie (tell I sent you :monkey3 )

I was disappointed that it wasn't the exclusive but I needed a regular anyway, I won't be doing any business with them again that's for sure. I have to say this IS Sideshow's greatest line of 1/6 scale figures. I will have them all someday that's for sure. Nice score on that Taylor by the way.

It's no secret that I think Star Wars is the best line they have, but POTA is definitely one of the best.

while I can see their point about not being able to take the line any further, would all of you buy a redo Slave Taylor & Nova pack if they used the bearded head, a lighter skin tone on Nova, and gave them both more screen accurate costumes?

I know I sure would. I have a second Slave Taylor with the full costume displayed with the muzzle to conceal his lack of beard...

It's no secret that I think Star Wars is the best line they have, but POTA is definitely one of the best.

while I can see their point about not being able to take the line any further, would all of you buy a redo Slave Taylor & Nova pack if they used the bearded head, a lighter skin tone on Nova, and gave them both more screen accurate costumes?

I know I sure would. I have a second Slave Taylor with the full costume displayed with the muzzle to conceal his lack of beard...

D. Martin said:

Absolutely!!

Yes, but I think there are so many other items SSC could make. How about a POTA scarecrow?

stickman said:
Yes, but I think there are so many other items SSC could make. How about a POTA scarecrow?

"...hell with the scarecrows!" :D

Heck, originally I was hoping that Sideshow would have released Dr. Zaius from Beneath (in what I call "Armageddon Garb)... and I wouldn't have minded if they re-used the portrait... again. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Last edited:
Hi Ape fans! Guess who performed his very first lobotomy last week? I hope these pictures inspire some of you to do the same operation on your humans!

Landon is now recovering nicely, and is expected to get his coloring back in a week or so. I’ll keep you all advised on his well being as he slowly recovers from this horrific ordeal. ~Angel~ :newangel

Last edited:
Angel ... My prayers are with Landon but I feel he is destined to be on display in the museum with his friend...

What a great job you have done.

I can't wait to see the painted and final result of this mod.

You are the APE master. Love your work and dedication!

What other 1/6 sale do you collect other than the apes? I 've got all the 1/6 terminator figures thus far.

angelofmusic2112 said:
Hi Ape fans! Guess who performed his very first lobotomy last week? I hope these pictures inspire some of you to do the same operation on your humans!

Landon is now recovering nicely, and is expected to get his coloring back in a week or so. I’ll keep you all advised on his well being as he slowly recovers from this horrific ordeal. ~Angel~ :newangel

You cut out his brain you bloody baboon!!!!

jungle jom said:
Angel ... My prayers are with Landon but I feel he is destined to be on display in the museum with his friend...

What a great job you have done.

I can't wait to see the painted and final result of this mod.

You are the APE master. Love your work and dedication!

What other 1/6 sale do you collect other than the apes? I 've got all the 1/6 terminator figures thus far.

I don't collect any other figures JUNGLE. I started to collect Lord of the Rings figures from SS. Then I thought about all the money that would be involved in collecting both them... and the apes. The apes easily won out with me. I started thinking about all the cool stuff I could make from Lord of the Rings and how much time I had to do all this. After all considered, let's just say I want to stay focused on my apes for now.

Last edited:
Back