Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those interested. I just noticed that eBay has a Sideshow Planet of the Apes Vision BLOODY Lawgiver Statue # 69/100! Item number: 230125127147

Last edited:
angelofmusic2112 said:
If built in 1/6 scale, I wonder how big it would actually be? Any Idea? ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Statue Statistics

Height from top of base to torch 151'1" 46.05m
Ground to tip of torch 305'1" 92.99m
Heel to top of head 111'1" 33.86m
Length of hand 16'5" 5.00m
Index finger 8'0" 2.44m
Head from chin to cranium 17'3" 5.26m
Head thickness from ear to ear 10'0" 3.05m
Distance across the eye 2'6" .76m
Length of nose 4'6" 1.37m
Length of right arm 42'0" 12.80m
Thickness of right arm 12'0" 3.66m
Thickness of waist 35'0" 10.67m
Width of mouth 3'0" .91m
Length of tablet 23'7" 7.19m
Width of tablet 13'7" 4.14m
Thickness of tablet 2'0" .61m
Ground to top of pedestal 154'0" 46.94m

angelofmusic2112 said:
So if I wanted to start hunting this chimp down... where can I look for him? What is he called? Who makes him? ~Angel~:angelsmil

Sorry I missed your post about this... it is the Rebel Ape from Medicom and honestly your best bet is eBay. But he is costly, mine came to about $130 shipped. You could probably take care of the beret and what-not to get your own Cornelius, but at the price point I wouldn't butcher him.

I wonder if anyone has done castings of the head... he's been out for a few years now so its not outside of the realm of possibilties.

Ironman1188 said:
Statue Statistics

Height from top of base to torch 151'1" 46.05m
Ground to tip of torch 305'1" 92.99m
Heel to top of head 111'1" 33.86m
Length of hand 16'5" 5.00m
Index finger 8'0" 2.44m
Head from chin to cranium 17'3" 5.26m
Head thickness from ear to ear 10'0" 3.05m
Distance across the eye 2'6" .76m
Length of nose 4'6" 1.37m
Length of right arm 42'0" 12.80m
Thickness of right arm 12'0" 3.66m
Thickness of waist 35'0" 10.67m
Width of mouth 3'0" .91m
Length of tablet 23'7" 7.19m
Width of tablet 13'7" 4.14m
Thickness of tablet 2'0" .61m
Ground to top of pedestal 154'0" 46.94m

If built in 1/6 scale, these would be the approximate dimensions.

Height from top of base to torch 151” or 12ft 3/4”
Ground to tip of torch 305” or 25-1/2ft
Heel to top of head 111” or 9-1/4ft
Length of hand 16-½”
Index finger 8”
Head from chin to cranium 17-1/4'”
Head thickness from ear to ear 10”
Distance across the eye 2-1/2”
Length of nose 4-1/2”
Length of right arm 42” or 3-1/2Ft
Thickness of right arm 12”
Thickness of waist 35”
Width of mouth 3”
Length of tablet 23-3/4”
Width of tablet 13-3/4”

galactiboy said:
Sorry I missed your post about this... it is the Rebel Ape from Medicom and honestly your best bet is eBay. But he is costly, mine came to about $130 shipped. You could probably take care of the beret and what-not to get your own Cornelius, but at the price point I wouldn't butcher him.

I wonder if anyone has done castings of the head... he's been out for a few years now so its not outside of the realm of possibilties.

Thanks Galactiboy, I'm on the lookout for this Rebel Ape from Medicom (Che Chimp). Let me know if you see one out there. If I find one, I'm thinking about making castings of that head sculpt (without the beret). I've never made any castings, but a co-worker makes them very frequently. He keeps telling me how easy it is, and I'm ready to give a try if I can find one of these Che Chimps from Medicom. When searching eBay what are the best words to search? Che Chimp Rebel Ape Medicom?

Last edited:
Yes, but considering this is all we see of Lady Liberty:
planet-of-apes-lg.gif

we would need something considerably smaller [in height at least].

Angel, maybe someone on one of these forums here at the Freaks has one you could borrow. Couldn't hurt to ask and would be way cheaper than paying for the whole figure [unless of course you wanted to].

Ironman1188 said:
Angel, maybe someone on one of these forums here at the Freaks has one you could borrow. Couldn't hurt to ask and would be way cheaper than paying for the whole figure [unless of course you wanted to].

Ironman, Do you have one I could borrow? I could cast the original head, and make a replica head. Then I could modify that replica head by removing the beret. My co-worker says the casting kit can make 10-12 chimp heads. I would then have new chimp heads for all you ape nuts.

Angel, If I had one it would be on its way to already. I had looked into them awhile ago, but lost interest when I heard the beret was molded on as I had no way at the time to rectify that. I am diligently searching for one for you now though. :monkey5

While you're searching for him IRONMAN, I'm going to snap a picture of something funny that I bought on eBay recently. It came in the mail today.It's baby Milo. I'll post it here shortly. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

I just always typed in: Medicom Rebel Ape

That seems to hit what you are looking for... you can also try searches for bathing Ape and SSUR. Bathing Ape is (I think) a clothing line that both the Rebel Ape and Apethoven were affiliated with and Bathing Ape had some figures released as well.

I just received this chimp in the mail today. I was surprised to see he was the right scale! What do you think? I may make his fur blacker and give him a small blanket. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
galactiboy said:
I just always typed in: Medicom Rebel Ape

That seems to hit what you are looking for... you can also try searches for bathing Ape and SSUR. Bathing Ape is (I think) a clothing line that both the Rebel Ape and Apethoven were affiliated with and Bathing Ape had some figures released as well.

Thanks I'll give those a try until I find something. Thanx! ~Angel~

angelofmusic2112 said:
If built in 1/6 scale, these would be the approximate dimensions.

Height from top of base to torch 151” or 12ft 3/4”
Ground to tip of torch 305” or 25-1/2ft
Heel to top of head 111” or 9-1/4ft
Length of hand 16-½”
Index finger 8”
Head from chin to cranium 17-1/4'”
Head thickness from ear to ear 10”
Distance across the eye 2-1/2”
Length of nose 4-1/2”
Length of right arm 42” or 3-1/2Ft
Thickness of right arm 12”
Thickness of waist 35”
Width of mouth 3”
Length of tablet 23-3/4”
Width of tablet 13-3/4”

Not quite 1/6th scale(93" not 151") but if you have an extra grand to spare...

https://cgi.ebay.com/INDOOR-STATUE-...7QQihZ010QQcategoryZ57094QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

angelofmusic2112 said:
I just received this chimp in the mail today. I was surprised to see he was the right scale! What do you think? I may make his fur blacker and give him a small blanket. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

MA-MA... MA-MA... MA-MA... MA-MA... MA-MA... MA-MA.....

Back