Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey All
Sorry I haven't been in touch for awhile. I have been away due to my mom's illness. Her throat cancer surgery was last week. They had to remove her voice box but she seems to be doing well. The surgery was a week ago and they are still keeping her pretty much asleep due to the trama of that kind of surgery.
I see on the Sideshow web site that they have posted new pics of Slave Brent. I can't figure it. I love the new pics but why post new pics of a figure that is Sold Out and a line they considered dead any way. Any ideas?

Best wishes to your mom, Dr Zaius; as for why they updated pics for Slave Brent, I can't begin to understand it either.

shaun-o said:
Or their own Boba Fett. BTW I got my Cornelius and Taylor from Amoktime yesterday and my Zira from Sideshow today. I picked up a chimp figure at target, so I will soon have my ape family portrait ala:
escape.jpg

Shauno-o,

Where in Target did you find that little chimp? Was it bought individually or in a package of zoo animals? Toy section of the store?

galactiboy said:
Here ya go PZ... I had a bit of trouble getting both in the shot and in focus... if you want a clearer let me know and I can maybe just take 2 separate photos and put them side-by-side.

rebele.jpg

rebelf.jpg

rebelg.jpg

So if I wanted to start hunting this chimp down... where can I look for him? What is he called? Who makes him? ~Angel~:angelsmil

Angel, he's a tough ape to find, especially at a reasonable price. Worse, the beret is molded on. To make a real chimp out of him would require resculpting the hair. Too bad, as its a great Cornelius.

Ironman1188 said:
Angel, he's a tough ape to find, especially at a reasonable price. Worse, the beret is molded on. To make a real chimp out of him would require resculpting the hair. Too bad, as its a great Cornelius.

I'm up to removing the beret and resulpting the hair... so where can I find one? Do you know? What is he called and who makes this chimp?

Its name escapes me at the moment, but I believe it was posted in an earlier part of the thread. I will see if I can dig up more info for you.
Stand by.

Ironman1188 said:
Still need pix/help on the open mouth gorillas. I need to fix me up some gorillas!!!!

I haven't forgot you... I already instructed you what to do. If you want pix, hang in there a bit Steve. You'll see them, I just just don't know when I'll be opening the mouth of another ape just yet. ~Angel~:angelsmil

Angel, I know. You had sent me pix in an email I believe, but an AOL update wiped out about a years worth of saved mails.
On the other hand, the Ape in question is a Medicom made Rebel Ape aka Che Caesar.
See post # 573 for a little more info and some photos.

I want to open the mouth of another ape Ironman, so I'm sure I'll get to it pretty soon. I'm putting together a slew of items for STICKMAN right now... I've got to get his things mailed out as promised to him first! ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Great to hear Angel, I can't wait. I'll be able to use at least the television ape flag very soon in one of the scenes I'm filming. Off ape topic, I wanted to share a quick photo from my upcoming film. I need to complete it by the end of May. I thought I grabbed a better photo but I guess I didn't, I was in such a rush and kinda still am. After I wrap this scene this weekend the Apes go on. So, I gotta run, let me know what you think of the spaceship. I'll check back later, it would be nice to hear some feedback. Thanks all --- Stickman

Alien_Stopmotion_UFO.jpg

Jungle, I hadn't seen those before, but now I find myself trying to convert the "model" into 1:6 size so that it might be made out of styrene or foamcore.

Wow!!!!!!

Great Idea Ironman! Tell me if you have any luck; and keep us apefans posted with a step by step tutorial if all goes well. I know I'd love to have a 1/6th scale Icarus. I just don't know where I'd have the room to keep it living in New York City.

Ironman1188 said:
Jungle, I hadn't seen those before, but now I find myself trying to convert the "model" into 1:6 size so that it might be made out of styrene or foamcore.

I'm confused. What spaceship or "model" are you referring to? :angelsmil ~Angel~:

Back