Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironman1188 said:
HEY!!!
Any POTA fans around here from the UK? I could use a little help if there are.
Thanks!!

*sticks up hand* Me, me!! What'cha need then?

sueworld said:
*sticks up hand* Me, me!! What'cha need then?

Ahh, thanks. I have been searching and searching for
Michael Ballack
ballack.gif
ballackwholelarge.jpg

and

Benjamin Lauth
spieler_lauth-gross.jpg

from the Revell Kick-o-mania soccer series.

I really only need their heads and can't justify $35 a piece plus shipping to get them. They seem to only be sold in the UK, Germany and Austria that I can tell so far.

Hmmmm, I'm a complete novice at Soccer, and I have to say I've not seen these figures before now. Do you know how much they retail for in the UK and where who stocks them. Have you seen them on eBay UK?

What do you want me to do If I do find them?

I'm no soccer fan myself. The heads are needed for some kitbashing. :D They're going for between 16 and 19 pounds each that I've seen. A place called Footieshop had them. I don't know if they're sold elsewhere anymore, but I had heard stories of them showing up in Wal-mart type retailers when they first came out.
Basically I'm looking for them if they can be found real cheap, or maybe at flea-markets or Costco type liquidators where they should be less expensive.

I'll give it a go, but I have to say I've never seen any of these figs anyway I'm afraid. I can do a search online for retailers in the UK, but I wouldn't hold your breath as unlike in the States when stock sells out it's very unlikely to resurface again, sadly.

I'll let you know if I find anything.

I think someone is trying to turn a soccer player into an astronaut.

Those two are almost dead ringers of Burke and Virdon!

Good luck Ironman.

jungle jom said:

Good luck Ironman.

Yes they are. The first issue Ballack [red shirt version] is closer than the other [white shirt] but I'll take either if it means getting the duo space worthy.

jungle jom said:

Good luck Ironman.

I hope you find them, they're really good likenesses alright! Say... any luck finding the Medicom Che Chimp/Rebel Ape Ironman???

Ironman1188 said:
Statue Statistics

Height from top of base to torch 151'1" 46.05m
Ground to tip of torch 305'1" 92.99m
Heel to top of head 111'1" 33.86m
Length of hand 16'5" 5.00m
Index finger 8'0" 2.44m
Head from chin to cranium 17'3" 5.26m
Head thickness from ear to ear 10'0" 3.05m
Distance across the eye 2'6" .76m
Length of nose 4'6" 1.37m
Length of right arm 42'0" 12.80m
Thickness of right arm 12'0" 3.66m
Thickness of waist 35'0" 10.67m
Width of mouth 3'0" .91m
Length of tablet 23'7" 7.19m
Width of tablet 13'7" 4.14m
Thickness of tablet 2'0" .61m
Ground to top of pedestal 154'0" 46.94m

Man I wasn't even close! What was I thinking?

If built in 1/6 scale the following would be the actual measurements for the Statue of Liberty. This thing would be HUGE!

Height from feet to torch 302" (that's about 25 ft)
Heel to top of head 222" (That's about 18ft 6 inches)
Length of hand 32"
Index finger 16"
Head from chin to cranium 34"
Head thickness from ear to ear 20"
Distance across the eye 5"
Length of nose 9"
Length of right arm 84"
Thickness of right arm 14"
Thickness of waist 70"
Width of mouth 6"
Length of tablet 70"
Width of tablet 27"
Thickness of tablet 4"

angelofmusic2112 said:
I hope you find them, they're really good likenesses alright! Say... any luck finding the Medicom Che Chimp/Rebel Ape Ironman???

I've had NO luck finding anything I want!!! :monkey2

On a more serious note...

I've been trying to track down a web image of the poster Brent finds in the abandoned subway station that reads:

"New York is a Summer Festival"

Framed and distressed and aged in 1/6th scale, I think it would make a cool accessory for Brent in slave attire. Need some help in tracking something like this down. So in your travels in WWW dot land please keep an eye out.

Thanks guys!

That really would be a neat poster to have JUNGLE. In fact, I'm thinking that entire subway station scene would be pretty easy to recreate as a diorama.

I'm on the Internet right now gathering some pictures of the Statue of Liberty for an upcoming sculpting project. The real question, once I actually move forward on this, will be what scale to use. 1/6 scale would be awesome, but just way to BIG. I'd probably use 1/12 scale. 1/12 scale would serve the purpose, and be about as big as a 6 foot man... who was broke in half.

I started working on the John Huston Lawgiver just last night. I hope to find some time today for him. I have some chores to do...and a hockey game to watch.

~Angel~ :angelsmil

Back