Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Angel great minds think alike. Ever since the Brent figure was made that subway scene has made me want to attempt a diorama. I agree I don't think it would be all that difficult.

It would be large in height taking into account the stairway being about two stories to the platform and in addition an extra 3-4 feet down to the tracks.

The good thing is that set isn't that deep or wide. Also most of the walls are cooled molten rock with some tiles. The Queensboro Plaza tile work however would be a challenge.

That project is on hold for me however. I have no room living in this damn city. Also would love to take a stab at the mutant jail cell.

And yeah 1/12th would suffice for Lady Liberty!

Projects! Projects! Projects!

I was in a training class the other day (while at work) and instead of doodling on paper when I was bored, I wrote out a grocery list of items I wanted to attempt. This list is huge! What a dreamer! I need $$$ and time to do all this!

Statue of Liberty, Subway Diorama, Prison Wagon, Doomsday Bomb Alter along with the detonator, the staircase... and a few church pews, Trial Scene Diorama with all the correct furniture, Dr Honorious, Dr. Maximus, President of the Assembly, the Preacher Ape in purple attire, Albina, Caspy and the fat man with their colored robes, Lusious, Governor Kolp, Caesar Statue, Cornelius and Ziras Home (interior), Mutant jail cell, Ape jailhouse were Taylor was locked away, the Ape Arena where Ursus gives his speech, and lastly, Icarrus! Aaaaaaaarrrrgh!

Last edited:
jungle jom said:
On a more serious note...

I've been trying to track down a web image of the poster Brent finds in the abandoned subway station that reads:

"New York is a Summer Festival"

Framed and distressed and aged in 1/6th scale, I think it would make a cool accessory for Brent in slave attire. Need some help in tracking something like this down. So in your travels in WWW dot land please keep an eye out.

Thanks guys!

Just my opinion, but I think someone could easily make that poster on his or her computer. I just plugged in the movie and I can't even see the posters picture. It's pretty much just the words "New York is a Summer Festival". The posters picture has pretty much disintegrated. I see what appears to be the corner of a building against a light blue sky.

Last edited:
Ironman1188 said:
I think I have that poster in one of my files. I'll check thru them and see what I can find.

Well alright! Thanks Ironman... Hopefully, you can find you're looking for today. Any luck on the Rebel Ape/Che Chimp from Medicom yet??? Let me know if you bumble across him up for sale....

angelofmusic2112 said:
Well alright! Thanks Ironman... Hopefully, you can find you're looking for today. Any luck on the Rebel Ape/Che Chimp from Medicom yet??? Let me know if you bumble across it....

I'm at work so I don't know if I'll get to it today.
No luck on Che Rebel or the astro-soccer players!! :monkey4 ....yet

I've only got a second... I'm about to watch the Buffalo Sabres play the New York Rangers in the quest for the Stanley Cup!

Here are some of the pictures of the John Huston Lawgiver I started working on... He's obviously not done, but I thought I'd share him with you all you other ape fans. The Lawgiver is just about ready for some BIG BAGS under his eyes as the next step. Perhaps some small teeth also...

Talk to you guys later... ~Angel~
:angelsmil

Last edited:
Ironman1188 said:
I think I have that poster in one of my files. I'll check thru them and see what I can find.

Thanks for checking your files for the "New York is a Summer Festival" poster Ironman!!!

Hope you find it, and post it. Either way... Thanks for trying.

Angel... He is a MESS!!!
Looks like last night's leftovers gone bad!

but I'm sure it will turn out great in the end judging from your past work!
Keep up the fantastic work!

Last edited:
jungle jom said:
Thanks for checking your files for the "New York is a Summer Festival" poster Ironman!!!

Hope you find it, and post it. Either way... Thanks for trying.

Angel... He is a MESS!!!
Looks like last night's leftovers gone bad!

but I'm sure it will turn out great in the end judging from your past work!
Keep up the fantastic work!

JUNGLE, "Looks like last nights left overs gone bad?" What the heck were you eating last night?! Apoxy Apes??? Yuckie

stickman said:
Angel,
Thanks for the props, everything looks great!

That's strange! I asked for a lot of the same items and I got no reply from Angel. Since this forum, I have been ignored as to what I want to buy. I guess I have to take a back seat to the rest of you! Thanks for nothing!

stickman said:
Angel,
Thanks for the props, everything looks great!

I'm glad you're pleased with the many items you hired me to make for you. I look forward to seeing more of your cool photographes along with the many items you commissioned me for. Now that all of that work for you is behind me, I hope to find some time to make some ape things I've never made before. Take care, ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
kfog41 said:
That's strange! I asked for a lot of the same items and I got no reply from Angel. Since this forum, I have been ignored as to what I want to buy. I guess I have to take a back seat to the rest of you! Thanks for nothing!

I replied to you yesterday Kfog41. Please read your e-mail, you'll see it there. I was hired to make a very large order for STICKMAN. (Thanks for the order STICKMAN.) I promised him numerous things within a very short time frame so he’d have them as props for his upcoming finals in photography. I had a very hard time getting his order out to him on time, but I made it as promised. I gave my utmost attention to STICKMANs order, and just about ALL of my free time too! Whew, glad it's over, I have so much I want to make for my own collection!

I’m sorry guys, I hate that I have to say this but if I’m going to be harassed here, as Kfog41 is doing, I just assume not make these things for others anymore. I like the positive people I've heard from here on this string. I'm doing this because I love doing this. I think you guys collect SS Apes for the same reasons. Once the fun is gone, so am I. I hope everyone understands. All is forgiven. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
People need to be patient. Everyone has a life. Things come up.

Just a little understanding. Things always have a way of ironing themselves out. Angel obviously loves what he does and is damn good at it and very generous in sharing his talents with everyone involved with this thread.

Sometimes we have to cut each other with some slack.

Angel, another thing, I will send you a copy of my DVD when it is complete in another month. Just a little thank you for your awesome effort and craftsmanship. I am very thankful for what you have been able to make for me. I can't wait to hear the feedback from the video when I'm done. Talk to you soon.:chew

stickman said:
Angel, another thing, I will send you a copy of my DVD when it is complete in another month. Just a little thank you for your awesome effort and craftsmanship. I am very thankful for what you have been able to make for me. I can't wait to hear the feedback from the video when I'm done. Talk to you soon.:chew

Wow! Thanks Stickman! I look forward to seeing that DVD!

Back