Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jungle jom said:
Sorry about your loss Ironman maybe you should have tried it with an expendable Hasbro Ape.

I actually considered doing one of my Hasbros, but its seems to be a "harder" head than the $ide$how version and thought that it might alter the results.

Yeah... It's still a shame to loose one sideshow ape much less two. Have you considered patching them with sculpty?

jungle jom said:
Yeah... It's still a shame to loose one sideshow ape much less two

Yeah...
I plan on replacing the gorilla with a custom sculpt and hope to find an orangutan custom one day as well.

angelofmusic2112 said:
I've done, five Sideshow gorillas and one Dr. Zaius figure as described and I didn't have these melting problems on any of my apes.

~Angel~

Please post pics. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Protozaius said:
Please post pics. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I've already posted pictures a couple days ago PZ. I'm using a Sideshow Dr. Zaius and converting him into the John Huston Lawgiver. I opened his mouth and put teeth in him just as I did with the Sideshow gorillas I've already shown you guys. I'll be posting more pictures as he progresses... Perhaps tomorrow you'll see some pictures, as I plan on working on him then. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Well I just gave it a try with the ape head I had laying around from the body I used with Ironman's custom from last year. It seems to have worked just fine, having a bit of trouble getting it to stay open but no melting issues. I just put the gun in the mouth as soon as it was hot enough for the glue to melt but not all the way heated up. Once I get it a bit more done I will post a pic :monkey5

I've been searching for wagon wheels that might be used to build the apes caged wagon. Haven't had any luck yet...

The two rear wheels should be about 7-1/2" tall, and the two front wheels should be about 6" tall.

If anyone has any ideas, please share! ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
Well my zoom on my camera isn't the best but I think you can get the idea :) Now I just have to find the time to paint him, play dentist and find him a body and clothes lol!

rentu said:
Well my zoom on my camera isn't the best but I think you can get the idea :) Now I just have to find the time to paint him, play dentist and find him a body and clothes lol!

OOOHHHHH! that makes my eyes hurt!!!!!

Glad it went well rentu

jungle jom said:
This may be your answer Angel. It looks about the right size.

Hello jungle jom. I plan on purchasing this item myself and have asked for opinions of the forum members on the dimensions of this wagon. Much appreciated!

I spent a lot of time trying to track down a wagon of the right dimentions and simply ased the forum members opinions. Then I see another member offering this item up to another forum member. That is just not right!:confused:

:confused: Hi Kfog, Don't get upset with us. Angel asked for our help several hours ago, even before you posted that info on the ebay auction. I guess he's started working on a wagon also. I thought you were trying to help him also, by answering his earlier post. He's been talking about doing this for quite some time in case you didn't know... Why would you post a ebay auction if you didn't want others here to bid on it?

Shompdog said:
:confused: Hi Kfog, Don't get upset with us. Angel asked for our help several hours ago, even before you posted that info on the ebay auction. I guess he's started working on a wagon also. I thought you were trying to help him also, by answering his earlier post. He's been talking about doing this for quite some time in case you didn't know... Why would you post a ebay auction if you didn't want others here to bid on it?

I have no problem at all with helping fellow members, but the answer to your question on "Why would you post a ebay auction if you didn't want others here to bid on it?" I only referenced the following for the correct dimensions for my own personal wagon as referenced below.

"I wanted to make a custom wagon for a diorama and want some comments on the dimentions to this wagon that I found on e-bay. Thanks!"

https://cgi.ebay.com/GREEN-ARROW-WAGO...QQcmdZViewItem

I see that Angel is looking for wheels only! I have decided to purchase this wagon and was wanting to get some feedback on the correct scale dimensions! Any opinions? Thanks!

Hi Kfog, at first, I also thought you were also responding to Angels call for help. Evidently, Jungle Jom and I were both wrong about that. I have read many of the postings here. I see that there are many people here who have talked about building the caged wagon. This idea goes back for several years here. I wish I had the talent to do something like this. It seems to me that Jungle Jom was only trying to help out Angel so we could actually see someone build this thing. Angel’s been sharing and helping so many of us. I think he is very capable of building this wagon for all of us to actually see.

I’m sure this wagon would be of interest to many ape fans out there, and I would have posted it here for all interested ape fans to see. I also found this auction while searching on eBay. I started looking for it earlier today just to help out. I would have told everyone here about this auction, its no secret. I look forward to seeing further ape stuff from everyone. Keep the apes coming! Ape power!

Last edited:
Back