Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jungle jom said:
On a more serious note...

I've been trying to track down a web image of the poster Brent finds in the abandoned subway station that reads:

"New York is a Summer Festival"

Framed and distressed and aged in 1/6th scale, I think it would make a cool accessory for Brent in slave attire. Need some help in tracking something like this down. So in your travels in WWW dot land please keep an eye out.

Thanks guys!

JUNGLE any luck finding this poster? I may get my daughter to make it on the PC. Let's see if she can do it.

I could not find the "Summer Festival" poster on my searches of the Internet.

I was going to get my son to try his hand at making one with photoshop. He just finished up his fre$hman year in college and is studying Computer Graphics and Animation. I just have to get him my copy of "Beneath".

Let's see whos child can accomplish this.

I also think Kfog is right the 7" Western wheels are a bit pricey but at least you now know of one source where you can actually get them.

I just found the flag artwork for the pictures I drew on my computer. This artwork is of the four flags used in Beneath the Planet of the Apes. Maybe some of you would like to print these off and make some paper flags, or perhaps you'd like to use them as templates to make your own on cloth. Unfortunately, the files are way to large to attach here. If you want these printable flags, just let me know and I can e-mail them to you.

JUNGLE, My daughter started working on the "NEW YORK IS A SUMMER FESTIVAL" poster, but quickly gave up. So I started making it, and it’s coming along very nicely. If this a race to get the NY poster done, it's between your son and I now...

By the way, when Dodge gets killed during the hunt, what is he wearing? Is that the rubber raft? :rotfl

~Angel~ :angelsmil

angelofmusic2112 said:
I just found the flag artwork for the pictures I drew on my computer. This artwork is of the four flags used in Beneath the Planet of the Apes. Maybe some of you would like to print these off and make some paper flags, or perhaps you'd like to use them as templates to make your own on cloth. Unfortunately, the files are way to large to attach here. If you want these printable flags, just let me know and I can e-mail them to you.

JUNGLE, My daughter started working on the "NEW YORK IS A SUMMER FESTIVAL" poster, but quickly gave up. So I started making it, and it’s coming along very nicely. If this a race to get the NY poster done, it's between your son and I now...

By the way, when Dodge gets killed during the hunt, what is he wearing? Is that the rubber raft? :rotfl

Yes, Dodge is wearing the raft remnants.
My search for the poster is also not turning much up.
Angel, if you get the chance, email me the files please, I'd like to try those flags.

Ironman1188 said:
Yes, Dodge is wearing the raft remnants.
My search for the poster is also not turning much up.
Angel, if you get the chance, email me the files please, I'd like to try those flags.

Okay, I'll send them to you IRONMAN.

By the way, perhaps you could take the files I just sent to you and print them off on some special iron-on transfer paper. You could then trim the iron-on transfer paper to size and then just iron them on cloth. I think Walmart used to sell this special iron-on transfer paper. I think this is possible, I may be wrong...

When I made all my flags (6" by 4-1/4") , I hand painted all the artwork on pink cloth and used the artwork as a template. I never thought about trying this iron-on method until just now! Let me know if this method is possible. Let me know if this works. It seems like a simple way to have cloth flags! ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
Angel...

If its a race you will win. I will not be able to get my son the "Beneath" DVD until Friday. I am going to have him work on it anyway then I'll have a choice between his and yours. Whichever I like best. I'll post his and you post yours and I think all who come to this thread will get two great Ape Accessories available only at Save the Planet!!!

Now onto what Dodge was wearing. Definately not the rubber life raft. First there was too much green in it although it could be the interior. Also why would you carry a raft through the desert when your needs are food and water? What really negates it though is this.

Corny asks Taylor why go to dead lake what would we find there?

Taylor replies: An empty rubber life raft... A flag, the emblem of my countrymen

A tent maybe? I think it was raingear of some sort. If you open Taylor's backpack accessory you will find a yellow and green "garment" (I think) which is about the right colors and carried by the astronauts at the time of getting their equipment destroyed.

Any thoughts?

kfog41 said:
I think that you can go off of the movies by comparing Taylor while he is standing up next to the wagon. The wheels on the https://www.wildhorsebooks.com/Model wheels.htm web site look great, but a tad pricey at $27.00 per 7" wheel I believe. I have a friend that has a planter wagon with wooden wheels and may try to make a deal for them. They look to be the right size, but I need to measure them. I think that certain wood baby buggy's, wagon planters and things of that type can be found at yard sales and flea markets. The cardboard idea is a great one!

Right on Kfog. I am doing size comparisons of Taylor, Zira and Brent next to the wagon. I'm also using some pictures I had in a book, and making a cardboard jail wagon to eye things up for proper scaling. I want this wagon to come out really good! I don't want to finish it and think "it's just to big, or it's to small..." I want the scale to be just right. (Reminds me of the story of the 3 bears.)

By the way Ironman, I scored a Rebel Ape and it's been shipped to me. I plan on redoing him without the beret. That's good for you guys, but you have to be patient. ~Angel~

Last edited:
angelofmusic2112 said:

By the way Ironman, I scored a Rebel Ape and it's been shipped to me. I plan on redoing him without the beret. That's good for you guys, but you have to be patient. ~Angel~

Any chance that you could also reduce some of the hair on the sides... I think that the hair is a bit too shaggy on the sides. :eek:

And the chimp has got no ears!!! :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Proto...

Maybe Angel is trying to make a Galen, his hair was so long it covered most of his ears.

And yes. I agree with you. I think the rebel ape's hair is a bit shaggy on the sides

angelofmusic2112 said:
By the way Ironman, I scored a Rebel Ape and it's been shipped to me. I plan on redoing him without the beret. That's good for you guys, but you have to be patient. ~Angel~[/COLOR]

:monkey5 Where? When? WOW!!!!

angelofmusic2112 said:
Right on Kfog. I am doing size comparisons of Taylor, Zira and Brent next to the wagon. I'm also using some pictures I had in a book, and making a cardboard jail wagon to eye things up for proper scaling. I want this wagon to come out really good! I don't want to finish it and think "it's just to big, or it's to small..." I want the scale to be just right. (Reminds me of the story of the 3 bears.)

Hi Mark! I was told that the garment that Dodge is wearing is from a tent or raincoat that they all used in the forbidden zone. I was told by this authority that sections of the movie were cut out/shortened due to the movies budget. Aparently, the astronauts experienced a lightening/thunderstorm while trying to survive their three day ordeal in the forbidden zone. All the while having set up tents and having worn rain wear to protect themselves.

Another question concerning the apes wagon. I have a chance to get a wagon from a seller here in Mesa, but I need to get a general idea on the wheels AND OTHER DIMENSIONS. The wheels are 8 and 5-1/2 inches in diameter. Thanks Mark, Kent.
:monkey3

I need to add the picture of the wagon! Any help on how to do that? Much appreciated! Thanks, Kent.

Protozaius said:
Any chance that you could also reduce some of the hair on the sides... I think that the hair is a bit too shaggy on the sides. :eek:

And the chimp has got no ears!!! :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

I could create horns on his head if I wanted PZ! So reducing the hair size might happen... and could happen. I don't have the Rebel Ape yet, he's enroute from overseas! It may be a week or two until he arrives... :monkey2

I hope he makes friends with my other apes. :lol

Talk 2 ya later PZ, ~Angel~

P.S. I'll try to post some pictures of my John Huston/Lawgiver tonight. I finished him late last night. He still needs "tweaking", as I ran low on flesh colored paint last night and made a batch of my own using other misc colors.

jungle jom said:
Proto...

Maybe Angel is trying to make a Galen, his hair was so long it covered most of his ears.

And yes. I agree with you. I think the rebel ape's hair is a bit shaggy on the sides

That's two of you who think the Rebel Ape is shaggy! I didn't notice that...:confused:

Ironman1188 said:
:monkey5 Where? When? WOW!!!!

No time soon IRONMAN. But then again, maybe it will be. Who knows? Patience IRONMAN. With me, it depends on my mood, and what I feel like doing. If I'm not feeling creative, it's not fun and feels to much like work.

Understand this: First I need the Rebel Ape to arrive from overseas, then I need $$$ to buy the kit to cast a head. Then I need time to augment the first casting of the head to remove the beret (and maybe the shaggy hair), then I'll have to recast it again without the beret. It'll happen... just have to wait and see.

Here's an more immediate question: How long do we wait before we can actually submit the order for the Armando head sculpt??? Are we just going to wait until we get X amount of orders, are we waiting for a certain date, are we going to give up on it and just revote???

kfog41 said:
angelofmusic2112 said:

Hi Mark! I was told that the garment that Dodge is wearing is from a tent or raincoat that they all used in the forbidden zone. I was told by this authority that sections of the movie were cut out/shortened due to the movies budget. Aparently, the astronauts experienced a lightening/thunderstorm while trying to survive their three day ordeal in the forbidden zone. All the while having set up tents and having worn rain wear to protect themselves.

Another question concerning the apes wagon. I have a chance to get a wagon from a seller here in Mesa, but I need to get a general idea on the wheels AND OTHER DIMENSIONS. The wheels are 8 and 5-1/2 inches in diameter. Thanks Mark, Kent.
:monkey3

I'll try to get that for you when I get home tonight Kfog. Once again, you found another good looking wagon. I bought those wheels you found for me on eBay. I'm going to augment those wheels, making one pair smaller and the other pair larger. Once they arrive, that'll be a nice outdoor project considering all the cuts and sanding! ~Angel~ :angelsmil

kfog41 said:
I need to add the picture of the wagon! Any help on how to do that? Much appreciated! Thanks, Kent.

After you get finished writing something, scroll down the screen and click on MANAGE ATTACHMENTS, then click on BROWSE and look for and select your wagon picture, after that click on UPLOAD. If this doesn't work it's because the file attachment is bigger than 97.7 KB and you'll have to reduce it below 97.7 KB so it will attach. I usually do this in PAINT by clicking on IMAGE and then STRETCH. Hope that helps, I'm out of time. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

angelofmusic2112 said:
No time soon IRONMAN. But then again, maybe it will be. Who knows? Patience IRONMAN. With me, it depends on my mood, and what I feel like doing. If I'm not feeling creative, it's not fun and feels to much like work.

Understand this: First I need the Rebel Ape to arrive from overseas, then I need $$$ to buy the kit to cast a head. Then I need time to augment the first casting of the head to remove the beret (and maybe the shaggy hair), then I'll have to recast it again without the beret. It'll happen... just have to wait and see.

Here's an more immediate question: How long do we wait before we can actually submit the order for the Armando head sculpt??? Are we just going to wait until we get X amount of orders, are we waiting for a certain date, are we going to give up on it and just revote???

A good question indeed. Extra work and the kids track team have been consuming a lot of time the last week or so. I hope to catch up on evrything by the end of the week. Then I'll post all the necessary info and figure out exactly where we stand. I still think that the 2 head deal sounds like the way to go, but I'll leave it up to the majority that actually came thru and committed to it.
Angel, I wasn't trying to rush you regarding the Rebel Ape, I was just curious where you came across it.
Anyway, till later ape-o-philes!!

IM out!!

Back