Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
angelofmusic2112 said:
After you get finished writing something, scroll down the screen and click on MANAGE ATTACHMENTS, then click on BROWSE and look for and select your wagon picture, after that click on UPLOAD. If this doesn't work it's because the file attachment is bigger than 97.7 KB and you'll have to reduce it below 97.7 KB so it will attach. I usually do this in PAINT by clicking on IMAGE and then STRETCH. Hope that helps, I'm out of time. ~Angel~ :angelsmil
Here it is Ape-o-nauts!

kfog41 said:
angelofmusic2112 said:
Right on Kfog. I am doing size comparisons of Taylor, Zira and Brent next to the wagon. I'm also using some pictures I had in a book, and making a cardboard jail wagon to eye things up for proper scaling. I want this wagon to come out really good! I don't want to finish it and think "it's just to big, or it's to small..." I want the scale to be just right. (Reminds me of the story of the 3 bears.)

Hi Mark! I was told that the garment that Dodge is wearing is from a tent or raincoat that they all used in the forbidden zone. I was told by this authority that sections of the movie were cut out/shortened due to the movies budget. Aparently, the astronauts experienced a lightening/thunderstorm while trying to survive their three day ordeal in the forbidden zone. All the while having set up tents and having worn rain wear to protect themselves.

Another question concerning the apes wagon. I have a chance to get a wagon from a seller here in Mesa, but I need to get a general idea on the wheels AND OTHER DIMENSIONS. The wheels are 8 and 5-1/2 inches in diameter. Thanks Mark, Kent.
:monkey3

Kent,

Here are the dimensions that I would recommend for the ape wagon you asked about.

Front wheels: 6 to 6 ½”

Rear Wheels: 6 ½ to 7 ¼””

Width of wagon: 12”

Length of wagon: 19”

Top of wagon to the ground: 14-1/4”

Top of wagon to floor of wagon: 10-1/4”

Please note these are all approximate dimensions, and just my opinion. Yours may differ. ~Angel~:angelsmil

Here some pictures of my John Huston/Lawgiver. He's still not done. The colors still need some fixing up as you can probably tell.

It's almost hockey time... gotta run... ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
angelofmusic2112 said:
kfog41 said:
Kent,

Here are the dimensions that I would recommend for the ape wagon you asked about.

Front wheels: 6 to 6 ½”

Rear Wheels: 6 ½ to 7 ¼””

Width of wagon: 12”

Length of wagon: 19”

Top of wagon to the ground: 14-1/4”

Top of wagon to floor of wagon: 10-1/4”

Please note these are all approximate dimensions, and just my opinion. Yours may differ. ~Angel~:angelsmil

Hi Mark! I find those dimensions very interesting and close my my own. The length of the wagon would count the bench seat, so the cage itself would probably be about 12" to 13" in length. I imagine a cage that would accomadate a 12" figure lying down in the cage length and width wise. The humans standing in the cage were crouching a tad in the movie, so I would guess closer to 11 or 11 1/2 inches. I really think that it would be trial and error like anything else. I really trust your judgement and will double check the dimensions of the wagon I considered. Also, I am glad that you won the auction on the wooden wheels. They look to be the right kind. Later, Kent.

angelofmusic2112 said:
PZ might like this FAMILY shot!

The Orangatans look fantastic. Hear no evil, speak no evil, and see no evil like on the Apes council (Har Har). Keep up the great work!

Protozaius said:
Oh... me like. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Thanks guys! I know they aren't anywhere's the same quality of a Sideshow figure. I'm just a rookie sculpter... and totally fake the painting process. I appreciate the encouragement! Many thanks to all, ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Do any of you guys have computers with the ability to play a DVD, and take individual snapshots from the trial scene in Planet of the Apes? I'm looking to find some pictures of the orangutans’ facial features. (Frontal shot, profile, close-ups, etc.) My computer doesn't do this. :monkey2

Can anyone assist by taking some snapshots on their computers and posting them? I'm hoping to get some pictures of Dr. Maximus, Dr. Honorious, and the Head of the Assembly. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

angelofmusic2112 said:
Do any of you guys have computers with the ability to play a DVD, and take individual snapshots from the trial scene in Planet of the Apes? I'm looking to find some pictures of the orangutans’ facial features. (Frontal shot, profile, close-ups, etc.) My computer doesn't do this. :monkey2

Can anyone assist by taking some snapshots on their computers and posting them? I'm hoping to get some pictures of Dr. Maximus, Dr. Honorious, and the Head of the Assembly. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Sorry... I wish I could help you. I'm not very computer savvy. It's amazing that we are even having this conversation. :rolleyes:

These pictures you provided are just incredible sueworld! At your convenience, I’d be grateful if you could also obtain a couple of profile shots of Dr. Honorious as well. I know he provides a profile shot as he tugs at Taylors leash, perhaps in other places too. I don’t recall if Dr. Maximus provides any profile shots.

I know I’m asking a lot, but if you can provide some profile shots as mentioned above it would really help out. When trying to sculpt these, the various angles are very helpful!

I also plan on doing the Preacher ape as seen in the first movie. Do you remember him? He wears the purple robe at the funeral. In fact, I think it’s the same ape that appears in Beneath the Planet of the Apes a couple times. It seems that this Orangutan Preacher appears at the Arena (wearing his purple robe) where General Ursus gives his powerful speech to invade!

I think the Orangutan Preacher may also appear to say a prayer, just before the apes go off to war in the forbidden zone.

Thank you for providing these wonderful pictures sueworld. I searched, and searched, and didn’t come up with anything near as nice as these shots that you provided.

Many thanks for your time and efforts! ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
You're welcome love. Leave it with me. The close up shots of the ape council are very brief, but I'll do my best. :cool:

pota-movie-card-33.jpg

pota-movie-card-34.jpg

Hey Ironman, What is that little statue of? (On the table, in front of The President of the Assembly?)

Have you (or anyone else there out there) actually seen the front side of this little statue? I'd like to make it for my trial scene diorama.

If anyone has a picture, please post that little bugger! ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
Back