Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered a mold making/casting kit. I'm told by my co-worker that it's very simple to use. I'll keep you all posted as to how it goes. The total kit costs $87.00. He tells me I need to buy some Legos as well.

He estimates that I can make a total of four different molds and about 12 heads from this kit. We'll see... I'm about to plunge into this. Once again, I'm off into uncharted waters... wish me luck. I've never done this kind of thing before. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
Good Luck Angel... My hope for you is calm seas.

I finally got the "Beneath" DVD to my son. He will begin work on the 1/6th "New York is a Summer Festival" poster this week. I hope to post the results here soon.

Hope it comes out great so viewers of this thread can add a new accessory to their collections.

Hey JUNGLE, I just finished making my "NEW YORK SUMMER FESTIVAL" mini-poster. It’s the one that Brent finds laying on the subway tracks near the Queensboro Plaza.

As mentioned in an earlier post, they only showed the upper half of this poster in the movie "Beneath the Planet of the Apes". I had no idea what the bottom half of this poster looked like after watching the movie.

Finding a photograph of this poster was very difficult, but I’m glad I stumbled across one picture on the Internet. Obviously, the lower half of this mini-poster was based upon that same black and white photograph which I posted a few days ago.

I did have to use my imagination (just a little) on the lower half of the poster, it’s not exact… but it’s close. I think I’m going to try melting some thin clear plastic tomorrow, and glue the melted shreds on top of this mini-poster. That’ll give it that aged look – as seen in the movie.

If any ape fans would like an actual copy of my mini-poster, just let me know and I'll be glad to send it to you. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
Here's the mini-poster I made on my computer using something called "PAINT".

I had to shrink it down a lot in order to post it here. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
Angel... Really nice job on the poster. How big is it? I estimated mine to measure 4" by 6".

I'll have to see how my son does when he completes his. If it dosen't look good I definately would like a copy of yours.

I plan to put a frame around mine and also add the melted plastic.

As always whatever you set your mind to you manage to ddo excellent work.

jungle jom said:
Angel... Really nice job on the poster. How big is it? I estimated mine to measure 4" by 6".

I'll have to see how my son does when he completes his. If it dosen't look good I definately would like a copy of yours.

I plan to put a frame around mine and also add the melted plastic.

As always whatever you set your mind to you manage to ddo excellent work.

Thanx JUNGLE, I actually printed off two of these posters. Brent is holding a mini-poster that measures 4" x 5-3/4". I also printed the same mini-poster that measures 2-3/4" x 4". Even though it looked great, that one seemed a little bit small. PAINT allows me to stretch the poster to any size I desire. On the downside, the larger it is stretched, the fuzzier it becomes.

I'll e-mail the poster to you JUNGLE. Check your e-mail in a few minutes. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
Angel did an outstanding job on the Summer Festival poster! Now to weather it a bit in this Arizona sun. :cool:

Speaking of Page and Lake Powell, today marks the 40th anniversary of the FIRST DAY of shooting....

:fireworks :fireworks :fireworks

:chew PLANET OF THE APES:chew

:fireworks :fireworks :fireworks

Cameras rolled on this day to film the astronanut's trek through the Forbidden Zone. I heard a rumor that today also the day that Jeff Burton (Dodge) fainted during filming due to heat exhaustion. :monkey4

jungle jom said:
Where in Az are you Kfog?

Are you close to Page and Lake Powell?

Hi Jungle Jom! I actually live in Mesa, Arizona which is in the Phoenix metropolitan area. I would be considered in the east valley area from Phoenix. I would really like to visit page which is close to the Utah border. About a 3 1/2 hour trip. If there is some type of anniversary going on this week, I could go up this weekend and check it out. Maybe get some cool pictures!

I was just curious. I've always wanted to see Lake Powell ever since the movie came out. I still haven't gotten there yet. It looks quite beautiful.

I was also curious about the town of Page itself. What is it like, what is there to do there that kind of stuff.

I can't believe you live that close and have never visited.

jungle jom said:
I was just curious. I've always wanted to see Lake Powell ever since the movie came out. I still haven't gotten there yet. It looks quite beautiful.

I was also curious about the town of Page itself. What is it like, what is there to do there that kind of stuff.

I can't believe you live that close and have never visited.

Oops! I double checked and page is a 5 hour drive straight north from where I live. I know! Most of my Family have been to Lake Powell and the Grandcanyon, but I have yet to get that far north. I need to make it a point to get there this summer. Arizona has various kinds of beauty throughout the state and I have visited a wide range going most directions. I really love the hiking trails, lakes, creeks, ponderosa pine, mountains, and streams.

Yeah Kfog, Five hours is a long haul.

It sounds like you have a great time in Az.There seems to be a great variety of terrain there.

When I want to get out in nature all I've got is Central Park!!

kfog41 said:
Angel did an outstanding job on the Summer Festival poster! Now to weather it a bit in this Arizona sun. :cool:

I'm actually planning a 1:6 nuclear explosion this summer to see if I can get the poster to melt right. Or maybe just a lighter and some acetate. Depends on how much how time I wind up with. :monkey5

Sometimes this heat out here feels like a nuclear explosion! I remember working out in 122 degree weather back in june of 1990. It reached 129 degrees that same day in Lake Havasu City. I would reccomend coming out around this area from September to May. June to August is a bear! Escaping to the mountains on ATV'S is a one way to stay cooler. Central park sounds nice though.:cool:

jungle jom said:
Yeah but its a dry heat.

I guess at 122 dry or humid its got to be just miserable.

I guess that there is a give and take where ever you go. The Phoenix area has grown tremendously by about 2 million people just whithin 20 years time. It is a totally different place since I had first moved here from Illinois in 1979.

Well, things are going a lot slower than anticipated so my feature will have to be in the form of a trailer. I will be working on the Star Trek / POTA and Frankenstein sequence over the summer. Anyway, I thought I would share a few stills from some stop motion clips I did.

KirkSpockLawgiverIII.jpg

TheCave_Wolfman_DraculaMCU.jpg

TheCave3_Frankenstein.jpg

Originally the Bomb in the Frankenstein sequence was going to be the bomb from the POTA but maybe after I graduate I can devote more of my time into making this film into the way I saw it unfolding instead of just getting it ready for graduation.

Back