Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
angelofmusic2112 said:
I've read all of the ape books JUNGLE, but I've never read "Planet of Men". Never heard about it.

How about this? Did any of you guys have the 45 RPM Power Records as kids with those comic books? I had those, and recently obtained the recordings on CD. No more records for me! It's nostalgic stuff to me... loved the stories as a kid, while flipping the comics books! :lol

I still have all those old Power Records!! I also have them all on CD now. Speaking of Power Records, does anyone know any sites that have downloadable versions of the Star Trek, Space:1999, Six Million Dollar Man, etc Book and Record sets?

Hi Ironman,

I remember seeing downloadable versions of Planet of the Apes. I didn't do that though... I actually bought my Power Records (POTA) CD's on eBay. I don't know if the ones you desire are available out there for download... but I'll bet they are if you look for them.

I know the guy I bought my CD's from on eBay actually sells the ones you want. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
Hey Angel,
Yeah, I downloaded my POTA stories from Hunter's site. Do you have a link to the guy you bought from?

And, BTW, please check out the head poll thread everyone if you were one of the folks who wanted the Armando head.

angelofmusic2112 said:
I've read all of the ape books JUNGLE, but I've never read "Planet of Men". Never heard about it.

How about this? Did any of you guys have the 45 RPM Power Records as kids with those comic books? I had those, and recently obtained the recordings on CD. No more records for me! It's nostalgic stuff to me... loved the stories as a kid, while flipping the comics books! :lol

Here is a link to Pierre Boulle's screenplay for a sequel to "Planet"

https://pota.goatley.com/scripts.html

Scroll down it is second from the bottom in the movie section. It is an interesting read.

Ironman1188 said:
Hey Angel,
Yeah, I downloaded my POTA stories from Hunter's site. Do you have a link to the guy you bought from?

And, BTW, please check out the head poll thread everyone if you were one of the folks who wanted the Armando head.

I think I bought mine from the guy selling this STAR TREK item on eBay.

Item number: 270122434221

My son just completed work on his take on the "Summer Festival" poster.

He had a different view of it than Angel but it is mostly the same. Some of the details are different. He also added some weathering and dirt.

Choose which one you like best. In my opinion... either one will work as an added accessory. Thanks Angel, Thanks #2 son!!!

rentu said:
would love a copy of the poster if you could email it my way :)

Hey Rentu... No need for me to E-mail it to you.

All you have to do is click on it and once it is the large size not the thumbnail just drag the image on to your desktop. Then all you have to do is shrink it down in Photoshop or a similar program and print it up.

Judging from the attached photo, I think at 4" x 6" it will be in proper 1/6th scale.

Enjoy!!!

angelofmusic2112 said:
Congrats on your recent eBay win of the Gorilla Soldier! :D

Thanks love. Finally I managed to get one!!

These figures are so bloody expensive/rare in the UK and so I was amazed that after several unsuccessful actions I finally mange to win one.

I did notice that you had been bidding on him too. That would have made...how many you must have by now? :rolleyes:

jungle jom said:
My son just completed work on his take on the "Summer Festival" poster.

He had a different view of it than Angel but it is mostly the same. Some of the details are different. He also added some weathering and dirt.

Choose which one you like best. In my opinion... either one will work as an added accessory. Thanks Angel, Thanks #2 son!!!

Hi JUNGLE, I really like your sons version. It's very interesting how differently we both can see the same poster. Pat him on the back for a job well done.

I really like the curve of the shorter building in the foreground, and the dirt that he somehow put on it! Send me a copy of this poster pleasel. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

sueworld said:
Thanks love. Finally I managed to get one!!

These figures are so bloody expensive/rare in the UK and so I was amazed that after several unsuccessful actions I finally mange to win one.

I did notice that you had been bidding on him too. That would have made...how many you must have by now? :rolleyes:

Do be honest sueworld, I really don't know how many I actually have. Isn't that awful? One can never have enough gorillas, they're just so versatile and easy to modify. You have to love them for that!

By the way, I just picked up some special software and I won't have to trouble you any longer for the awesome pictures. Thanks for providing all those ape pictures to me last week. I appreciate it. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

jungle jom said:
Hey Rentu... No need for me to E-mail it to you.

All you have to do is click on it and once it is the large size not the thumbnail just drag the image on to your desktop.
Oops! Duh should have thought of that!! Thanks again!

angelofmusic2112 said:
Hi JUNGLE, I really like your sons version. It's very interesting how differently we both can see the same poster. Pat him on the back for a job well done.

I really like the curve of the shorter building in the foreground, and the dirt that he somehow put on it! Send me a copy of this poster pleasel. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Hi Angel hope you had a great Memorial Day! I don't think the shorter "building" in the foreground is a building at all. It is one of our many suspension bridges in the city.

As I told Rentu a few posts earlier there is no need for me to E-mail you. See previous post to Rentu on how to get a copy of your own!

It's nice to see Caesar in the Sideshow Freak Board Masthead... even if is only momentarily. Nice touch, Dave... not that you read this thread anymore. As you know, we "apes" play nice. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Boy, seeing the Memorial Day line up sure makes me nostalgic for days long gone by. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Hi guys...

I recently came across the shot below. I think this may be the only way to convince Sideshow to make us more Apes since they seem to be single minded as of late!

Back