Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great photo Jom, thanks. Well, I've wrapped the shooting and have submited my peice to a review board. They really liked it but asked me to cut out the whole beginning and leave onlt the Star Trek and Ape sequence. Lol, well it was fun. I need to re edit the peice this weekend and it gets

Great photo Jom, thanks. Well, I've wrapped the shooting and have submited my peice to a review board. They really liked it but asked me to cut out the whole beginning and leave onlt the Star Trek and Ape sequence. Lol, well it was fun. I need to re edit the peice this weekend and it gets

Man that Ape-O-Nauts set is awesome! I would so love for them to make actual 1/6 figures of them... they'd just be so damn cool!!!

The best astronaut suits out there for your chimps have to be the ones made by Dragon. I bought one of the Hasbro spacesuits and just hated it. It wasn't real enough.

If you search eBay using the key words - "Aldrin Astronaut Dragon", you'll see some really nice spacesuits that could be modifed to look like the ones worn by our Ape-o-nauts. There are many other spacesuits out there for G.I. Joe as well, but they also look very cheap compared to the Dragon spacesuits.

Last edited:
That is a very cool model kit but not worth that much. The DML spacesuit is one of the best on the market but the faceshield is easily scratched and hard as heck to get on. I went with the Hasbro Buzz Aldrin figure. The gloves are horrible but I'll wait for SS to make the APE O" NAUTS correctly.

My film is in the film festival and will be shown on Thursday night. This weekend I will make copies and mail them out so if anyone wants a copy please PM me your real name and address and screen name so I know who you are. I'll talk to you ape freaks soon.

Hi ape fans; I’ve been working on many projects lately. I only just completed a better version of the apes Trumpet as seen in Beneath POTA. I also modified a couple more gorilla soldiers to give them some different facial looks. I altered some of the gorillas’ hands by gluing the thumb to the index finger, now they can easily hold things such as flags, trumpets and swords.

I had off the entire weekend at got busy. I even started working on the apes’ caged wagon by cutting some of the wooden bars and modifying the sizes of the wagon wheels. Below you can see the wagon wheels as I originally bought them and after modifications that I’ve been doing. Two of the wheels were made larger by using layers of apoxy. The other two wheels were made smaller by using a lathe. The wheels still need more work, rivets and painting.

Enclosed are a couple pics of one gorilla that is not yet done. I lengthened his hair, and modified his muzzle (slightly).

I’ve been sculpting the fat man mask for the last month a little at a time as the mood has struck me. It’s a very slow process, because I don’t know what I’m doing. There’s lots of trial and error. You’ll also see the Assembly Presidents ape face in a couple of the pictures. Neither face sculpt is done yet. Still have things I need to tweak on both of these. Thought I’d share some pictures with you guys… I like when people post pictures. I hope you do as well. Talk to you later. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
Here are few more pictures of some of my favorite characters. I use the pictures behind them as a constant reference as I sculpt away.~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
WOW!

Angel things really seem to be coming along. Great work!!!!!

I was wondering what had happened to you since I haven't seen a post from you for quite a while.

Now I see... You've been quite busy!

Soon I can see a 1/6th Ape City arise in your backyard.

Really great work. I am working on the "Festival" poster. I will post some shots once it is done. The frame is done now. I've just got to find the right plastic.

Angel. I was responding while you posted the Honorious and Buono shots.

They both look great.

But could I see Buono from the front?

Angel...

As I look more carefully, Buono needs more of a double chin.

Give it to him and adjust the headpiece to fit.

One Double Chin coming up! Would you like some love handles, thunderthighs or a ba-daunka-butt with that? (Did you see that funny commercial on TV?) It's one of my faves... I always laff at that one.

Last edited:
Back