Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is probably reaching, but can these guys be altered to look like Burke and Virdon?

kfog41 said:
This is probably reaching, but can these guys be altered to look like Burke and Virdon?
I don't see it. The best "knockoffs" I've found were those Kick-o-mania figures that I posted a while back. Unfortunately they don't seem to be easily had. Other than that the DML Erich that Angel turned into Burke and the DML Laars for virdon are the closest I've come up with.

Ironman1188 said:
I don't see it. The best "knockoffs" I've found were those Kick-o-mania figures that I posted a while back. Unfortunately they don't seem to be easily had. Other than that the DML Erich that Angel turned into Burke and the DML Laars for virdon are the closest I've come up with.

DML Laars for Virdon? Do you have a picture of this one? I'd like to see it.

kfog41 said:

Kfog...

I think the one figure with a bushier hair style would make a great Burke but I'm with Ironman as far as the the Virdon, I just don't see the likeness.

One out of two isn't bad. Keep on searching. Good luck!

I figure that was reaching a bit! How about a picture of the Laars and How about using a DML figure for Brent since he was actually smaller than taylor? I think that Sideshow messed up on the height making Brent and Taylor the same size.

Ironman1188 said:
Hands down on Angel's Burke! I really like what he did with the Erich sculpt. That's right, the Kickorama figures look a lot better.

I switched my Brent onto a DML and think it looks far better now, except for the actual sculpt. :monkey3
As for Laars? Here is one with my version of Galen and Burke:
MycustomPOTAtv02.jpg

Just needs his hair reddened a bit.

angelofmusic2112 said:
Hey RENTU,

Did you put teeth in your gorilla yet?
No I still haven't had the chance, but now I just got a new job (and a 20k raise!!!!!) so I will have a more consistant schedule and time and money to burn lol!!!

RENTU - Congrats on the raise! Now you can buy more apes!

IRONMAN - BURKE & VIRDON look pretty good! Did you do that hair sculpt on BURKE yourself or did the figure come like that?

IRONMAN - Who did you think would be a better Virdon? DML Laars or Benjamin from kick-o-rama?

IRONMAN - Do the astronaut unis have BURKE and VIRDON nametags. I have 2 extra, if you require them. Let me know.

~Angel~ :angelsmil

angelofmusic2112 said:
RENTU - Congrats on the raise! Now you can buy more apes!

IRONMAN - BURKE & VIRDON look pretty good! Did you do that hair sculpt on BURKE yourself or did the figure come like that?

IRONMAN - Who did you think would be a better Virdon? DML Laars or Benjamin from kick-o-rama?

IRONMAN - Do the astronaut unis have BURKE and VIRDON nametags. I have 2 extra, if you require them. Let me know.

~Angel~ :angelsmil

Yes, that Burke hair is a homemade attempt.
Virdon? I believe both Laars and Lauth have their hair parted on the wrong side to make them an instant conversion. Lauth's hair is already the right color and length though for my purposes. Having said that and having had NO luck finding either Lauth or Ballack [Burke] Laars seems just fine.
I haven't seen the repro tags to judge how they look but suppose I could always try them out myself. THANKS!!!

kfog41 said:
I figure that was reaching a bit! How about a picture of the Laars and How about using a DML figure for Brent since he was actually smaller than taylor? I think that Sideshow messed up on the height making Brent and Taylor the same size.

Well, no figure company has solved the height problem adequately.

SS Leia: Aren't you a little short to be a stormtrooper??

SS Luke: Yes I am only 6'2"!

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

That would be some accomplishment though; having 3 or more figure heights.

It shouldn't be that hard either. All they need to do is have a modular system with replaceable parts like thighs. These can be swapped in production and would not require whiole new bodies be made.

Last edited:
Masao said:
Well, no figure company has solved the height problem adequately.

SS Leia: Aren't you a little short to be a stormtrooper??

SS Luke: Yes I am only 6'2"!

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

That would be some accomplishment though; having 3 or more figure heights.

It shouldn't be that hard either. All they need to do is have a modular system with replaceable parts like thighs. These can be swapped in production and would not require whiole new bodies be made.

Actually, there is a body on the market that has multible hands and adjustable arms and legs:
https://cgi.ebay.com/CUSTOM-12-ACTI...goryZ348QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
The "adequately" is the point in question. I don't mind the body that much but can't stand the hands.

Alright Freaks,

The DVD's are out. IM, JOM, and PZ should be getting them tomorrow and Angel hopefully by Friday. I hope you all enjoy it. Please understand that the story is incomplete and we only had a month to do everything. I do plan to continue with stop motion as that appears to be my thing. I would really love to hear the feedback. Enjoy!!!!

Oh and sorry for the sloppy looking covers, I was really rushing to get these out to all of you. Don't take the cover photos out of the case, they are not double sided, just FYI.

stickman said:
Alright Freaks,

The DVD's are out. IM, JOM, and PZ should be getting them tomorrow and Angel hopefully by Friday. I hope you all enjoy it. Please understand that the story is incomplete and we only had a month to do everything. I do plan to continue with stop motion as that appears to be my thing. I would really love to hear the feedback. Enjoy!!!!

Whoo Hoo!!! Cool!! Thanks Stickman!!
Maybe one day we can combine efforts!!

I came across this photoshopped Image and it got me thinking...

What if Brent had been successful in the rescue, but they were the ones to bring back the space disease that killed the dog and cat population thus starting the beginning of the Planet of the Apes?

Great incentive for my next movie, we were going to go with Darth maul vs Star Trek.

IM - did you ever convert the GI JOE "Buzz Aldrin" figure into an Ape-O-Naut? I have an Aldrin and was hoping to do it soon, only if it looks good though. I don't like the gloves. DML's Buzz is to Pricey and I always read complaints about how hard it is putting the helmet on without scratching it.

PZ may get his movie today! :monkey5

Also, has anyone heard from Dr. Z lately? I hope his mother is O.k.:confused:

Yes, you're right STICKMAN. DML's Buzz is pricier, but the quality and details in the uniform are also much better. I know because I had each of them and compared them to each other. The ring around his neck on the DML uniform also fits much better against the neck and body of the figure, as compared to the HUGE, oversized neck hole of the HASBRO uniform. They both serve the purpose. Pick what suits your needs and likes. If it's all about saving money, HASBRO is the way to go. By the way, It's not hard putting the helmet on without scratching it. In fact, there's plenty of room in the helmet, even for an ape with a larger head. I can't imagine why you read that somewhere... it's not true. Pick wisely.

Back