Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Angel, I read that a few times over the past several years. I do like DML's astronauts.

stickman said:
Great incentive for my next movie, we were going to go with Darth maul vs Star Trek.

IM - did you ever convert the GI JOE "Buzz Aldrin" figure into an Ape-O-Naut? I have an Aldrin and was hoping to do it soon, only if it looks good though. I don't like the gloves. DML's Buzz is to Pricey and I always read complaints about how hard it is putting the helmet on without scratching it.

That photo is chock full of possible alternatives. Hmmmm, indeed.

No, Stickman, I have 2 sets put aside, but the project hasn't moved forward as i still wait to find a third set. :monkey2

Hey IM, Do you remember the site you gave me regarding 1:6 Star Trek. It included a scaled model of the NCC 1701 Enterprise's Bridge? I can't find it anymore. If you still have it can you post it again, that guys work is phenomenal, it would be nice for reference.

You should all have your DVD's today. I know Connecticut got their copy yesterday, so NY and WV should be there today! :emperor

Regarding the Spacesuit, I have one still boxed up that I would trade for.

Hey Sticks...

I also built a "Star Trek" bridge set but not in 1/6th scale. It was built to the scale of the plastic Playmates action figures. I scratch built everything except the captains chair, for that I used the Hallmark Christmas Ornament released a number of years ago.

I used balsa wood because it can easily be cut with an exacto knife and I am lousy at working with power tools. I like having five fingers on each hand and wanted to keep them all.

The project came out fairly well (not as well as the 1/6th model seen in the link). I even used fiber optics and led sequenced lights for the viewing screen to animate a star field moving toward the ship to make it look like the ship was traveling!

At some point I'll try and dig it out of storage and snap off a few photos.

stickman said:
PZ may get his movie today!

Yes, I did in fact receive your film yesterday. Both Faramir and your film all in the same day. :lol :rotfl :lol

Thanks again for senting it to me. Ape fans RULE THE PLANET!!! :D

Amazing work! The lighting and composition all top notch... and great use of music. And what a fun story... although I doubt that Gorillas would be in cahoots with Nazis. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I saw it with my 7 year old son who now wants to spend the ENTIRE summer making our own movie! :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Sticks...

I recieved my copy of your movie today.

I will echo Proto the lighting and composition were fantastic!! You can tell there was much effort put into the look of the film.

I loved the use of "borrowed" dialogue from Star Trek. It would have been difficult to get past other actors voicing for Kirk and Spock. Great idea using existing dialogue. Also music from the Apes and Star Trek worked amazingly well together.

It must have been quite a chore to animate 1/6 figures and not use puppets with armatures specifically designed to hold poses.

Overall just great work!

Loved the manditory death of the red shirt crewmember. Just knew he would bite it

If you're interested here is a link to my son's second College animation project

https://youtube.com/watch?v=E0rTWq4qT74

and here is his first

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fkewf9ZJzco

LOL- I'm really glad you guys enjoyed it. Proto - You have a lot of work to do!!!!:monkey5

Oh and another thing,

Has anyone seen DST's packaging for their reissue of mego 8" Star Trek figures.
CaptKirk.jpg

Bring on the Andorian and Romulan, I think I'm going to get these, hehe. I also have seen the 3 3/4 25th Anniversary GI joe figs and dig the new sculpts.

Last edited:
puppet pusher said:
Looking for your Faramir review over in the LOTR section...:rolleyes:

To quote Cornelius... "Oh no... I'm going to get into that battle...." My poor little post would get lost amongst the LOTR fans waving their "flags of discontent" :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

All you heard is true... bad paint aps, shiny skin, rubbery plastic... sure, Faramir may not be the line's shiniest moment (that honor belongs to Boromir, currently) but he sure does look pretty spiffy when displayed next to his big brother. :D

His costume, however, is a knock out! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

stickman said:
LOL- I'm really glad you guys enjoyed it. Proto - You have a lot of work to do!!!!:monkey5

With my 7 year old son as the director, I think he is going to re-define the term "gorilla" filmmaking. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Whoa STICKMAN! Thanks for the DVD you sent to me. I watched each segment 4 times, and I’m blown away with this stop action footage you did of Star Trek on the Planet of the Apes! Lots of great stuff happening there! Keep it coming buddy! This is some really cool stuff you did! :cool:

Here are some recent pictures of Pete Burke. I found a body made by Dragon for this head of Burke. Seems like a great fit. I know the pictures aren’t to good, as I tried to get a close-up of Pete Burke and his new nametag. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
I think your Burke is growing on me, Angel.

I asked Ironman this too. Are you working on slave attire for him?

jungle jom said:
I think your Burke is growing on me, Angel.

I asked Ironman this too. Are you working on slave attire for him?

No Jungle, I'm not working on slave attire. I'd rather he wase were wearing slave attire though. I need to get going on the ape wagon and other ape related things.

Last edited:
I will post slave attire as soon as I get it to come out ok.

Angel, Burke looks good all painted up!!

Stickman, thanks for the DVD. I enjoyed watching it. I've been working midnite shift and sleeping in the early evening prior to going in. It arrived in the late afternoon mail and I just had to make time to watch it a few times.
Great Job!!

Thanks a bunch guys. I had to throw in the Taylor digging scenes in the music video for you guys, I did that section a while ago. I would love to keep going on these types of projects. Maybe we can all start collaborating parts props and figs and make some more stories. Talk you you all soon.

Well guys, "New York is a Summer Festival" poster is finally ready to be revealed!

This project just took way way too long to complete. A lot of experimentation with materials. Finding the right plastic was next to impossible. I got very frustrated over the past few weeks, but I think the final product was well worth the time and effort.

What I'll attempt next... I haven't a clue.

Last edited:
WOW... that poster turned out wonderful! The time you put into it really paid off! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Nice work, JJ!!! :D

Back