Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IM,

I know I'm late in the crowd, but are these still for sale? I might be interested. Please advise my friend.
I don't have any extras at this time but, if I decide to thin the herd I'll let you know.

IM, (or anyone :pray:)...
BTW
I am also interested in purchasing any 1/6 scale resin ape heads like Sixx mentioned.

I don't have any right now that I'm lookingto part with, but if things change I will certainly post them here first.

Jess, what are you planning to mold your helmet out of? If you plan on latex, you can not use a rubber mold.Latex REQUIRES a plaster mold to cure properly;something to do with absorption of the ammonia. Also, a large RTV mold will need some kind of external support(a "mother mold") or it will distort from it's own weight.Either way, you're looking at a rather expensive operation.You might almost be better of buying one of Brian's improved Ursus helmets and re-working it. The sculpt is quite good;the havelock(aka the drape)is a bit stiff, but hey, it's latex...PS

IM, (or anyone :pray:)...
BTW
I am also interested in purchasing any 1/6 scale resin ape heads like Sixx mentioned.

DP - I just sent you an e-mail with 3 more things I'm going to sell. Please check it out and let know. (3 gorillas on horseback with the submachine gun, flag and ape horn. Plus the 3 horses that they sit upon. These custom horses are fully geared up and ready to enter the Forbidden Zone.

Jess, what are you planning to mold your helmet out of? If you plan on latex, you can not use a rubber mold.Latex REQUIRES a plaster mold to cure properly;something to do with absorption of the ammonia. Also, a large RTV mold will need some kind of external support(a "mother mold") or it will distort from it's own weight.Either way, you're looking at a rather expensive operation.You might almost be better of buying one of Brian's improved Ursus helmets and re-working it. The sculpt is quite good;the havelock(aka the drape)is a bit stiff, but hey, it's latex...PS

Paul I'm planning to use RTV to make a mold and will cast this in resin. I'm researching fiberglass for the mother mold--have to find the best organic fume respirator and find some kind of resin that is the least toxic...This project is rather expensive but it is worth it to me--nothing 1:1 scale is ever cheap. I already spent $60 on leather to cover up my resin cast. I don't like the weight of Apemania's improved helmet--I have two of those that fit my head (the older version), but the weight is really heavy. And know what? I really love working with leather and can't wait to cover it up. The havelock portion is really difficult to recreate (as Sgt. Fang has experienced)...but I think I know how to recreate it with the right type of seam to produce the right kind of drape. Just call it mission impossible!

FUTUREGORILLA027.jpg

I have also done Ash's teenage mutant ninja turtle mask in slushed latex, which required an Ultracal30 mold. It was tough but a good learning experience. If I ever need to do this again, I will know how to make it better.

dsc05462a.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have any extras at this time but, if I decide to thin the herd I'll let you know.

I don't have any right now that I'm lookingto part with, but if things change I will certainly post them here first.

No problem IM, I wasn't sure if you owned the mold, and can make them at any time or not. Keep me in mind, if any come available.

Thanks.. Sixx

DP- Thank you very much.

Jessica, your general Helmets look great. Your children sure are very lucky.:clap

Guys I just splurged on two 2nd rate prosthetics from Apemania. I guess I could always bake them but that in itself is a huge job, and something (bad equipment, bad weather, bad timing) is always getting in the way. I have yet to make it to the post office to send in my broken gram scale...

I don't know what I will do with these--hair them up and paint them definitely, but not sure if I will keep them. It depends on a lot of things I suppose.

I have allways wanted an Ursus face mask and Helmet, so very iconic with the Apes films, I can allways hear "No, no theve been marked for target practice"

Hi Guys!

I'm currently working a couple ape projects right now for a friend of mine.

My ape collection is getting very small now a days. I've sold a lot of my major pieces. The mutant bust of Mendez & the pedestal, all my figures and items from the TV series, the Alpha Omega Bomb, the ape wagon, the Caesar statue, all of the ape flags, several more horses, & many more figures are now gone. I'm getting constant offers for the balance of my collection. At this rate, I'll soon be able to display my ape collection instead of having most of it in storage boxes or on the floor.

Having a great time with my music once again. I haven't owned an electric guitar in 21 years. I really enjoy playing 50, 60's and 70's music, and also playing songs from Rush.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Take care & God bless,

~Mark~

Last edited:
Mark that sounds really great for you! Glad to hear that parts of your collection is being parcelled out to those who can really appreciate all the effort you have put in them.

I would like to be able to complete a project or two...but I keep getting sidetracked. My husband lent the dremel to our neighbor and I want to finish those boots for Mathilda. After Mathilda's boots, there's a red boiler suit for Snick's gorilla, three Mego scale outfits and that's it. And of course there's the General Ursus helmet but that's for me.

I'm also sewing five gowns for the daycare production. I hope that's it as far as costumes.

Hi Guys!

I'm currently working a couple ape projects right now for a friend of mine.

My ape collection is getting very small now a days. I've sold a lot of my major pieces. The mutant bust of Mendez & the pedestal, all my figures and items from the TV series, the Alpha Omega Bomb, the ape wagon, the Caesar statue, all of the ape flags, several more horses, & many more figures are now gone. I'm getting constant offers for the balance of my collection. At this rate, I'll soon be able to display my ape collection instead of having most of it in storage boxes or on the floor.

Having a great time with my music once again. I haven't owned an electric guitar in 21 years. I really enjoy playing 50, 60's and 70's music, and also playing songs from Rush.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Take care & God bless,

~Mark~

Hey Mark! Did you sell the wagon on ebay or directly? I didn't see it listed.:slap

Mark that sounds really great for you! Glad to hear that parts of your collection is being parcelled out to those who can really appreciate all the effort you have put in them.

I would like to be able to complete a project or two...but I keep getting sidetracked. My husband lent the dremel to our neighbor and I want to finish those boots for Mathilda. After Mathilda's boots, there's a red boiler suit for Snick's gorilla, three Mego scale outfits and that's it. And of course there's the General Ursus helmet but that's for me.

I'm also sewing five gowns for the daycare production. I hope that's it as far as costumes.

Don't forget these guys!

I always wanted to customise these busts and make them into a full 1/6th scale figure!:goodpost:

One of my favorite Gorillas that Angel made that I did not get!:slap

Is that rifle a custom?

Last edited:
Hey Mark! Did you sell the wagon on ebay or directly? I didn't see it listed.:slap

I have so many people directly writing me after seeing my many things on eBay and here at this website. That exposure has kept fans knocking on my door and sales have been really good.

Thanks to all you have bought my items. You all know who you are.

Back