Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a few NEW pictures (and a couple older ones) showing the early phases of the ape wagon under construction. The wooden bars have just been glued at each intersection. Until the glue dries, they are drying under some very weighty objects. I’m not sure how many humans can fit into the cage just yet.

Later, after the glue dries, I’ll be cutting out the desired sizes for the top, and the sides, of the caged wagon. I just picked up some miniature hinges at LOWES for the rear doors also. Of course, they’ll have to swing open. What good is a caged wagon if you can’t put humans in it??? ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
You Rock Angel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for more. Everything looks to be in scale. And you're right it seems to resemble a big jigsaw puzzle.

I hate to tell you this Angel but...

Ditch those Sideshow Duds and make your own.

"He seems to be using that old blanket for clothing... That Bright Eyes is amazing!"

angelofmusic2112 said:
Speaking of the man who wants everything listed "step by step", where's he been? Haven't heard a peep from him...

The General does seem to disappear at times. We have a battle with SideShow to win, where does he go?

stickman said:
The General does seem to disappear at times. We have a battle with SideShow to win, where does he go?

The Forbidden Zone is vast and sometimes an old gorilla can lose his way.
All of your work is absolutely stunning.

Our fearless leader has returned unscathed from the dreaded Forbidden Zone, Hooray!
general,
reconnaissance reports PZ & DZ are still missing, we should dispatch more scouts at once. Who knows what trickery the filthy humans have used on our two orangoutang friends.

Angel, the photos for the Wagon look great, keep'em coming.

JJ you're right that smock from SS looks horrid!:eek: :cuss :eek:

Also, Angel you may want to apply some splotches of brown shoe polish to Taylor's chest to give the appearance of chest hair, and to take away some of that sheen.

Taylor_Nova_horseback_FS6_still.jpg

Last edited:
stickman said:
Our fearless leader has returned unscathed from the dreaded Forbidden Zone, Hooray!
general,
reconnaissance reports PZ & DZ are still missing, we should dispatch more scouts at once. Who knows what trickery the filthy humans have used on our two orangoutang friends.

Angel, the photos for the Wagon look great, keep'em coming.

JJ you're right that smock from SS looks horrid!:eek: :cuss :eek:

Also, Angel you may want to apply some splotches of brown shoe polish to Taylor's chest to give the appearance of chest hair, and to take away some of that sheen.

Taylor_Nova_horseback_FS6_still.jpg

Hey all, I followed these two back from the Forbidden Zone.
Actually, I have to apologize for being away for so long. MY mom had throat cancer surgery in April. They had to remove her voice box. She is still in a re-hab center recovering. SO, I have been working and after work going to the center to be with her.
I have looked over some of the pics but since I am in-between work and the center I haven't had time to catch up on the written post! The pics and customs look awesome! Pete Burke looks outstanding!
Well, gotta go. I will talk to you all soon!
LONG LIVE THE PLANET OF THE APES!!!!!!

Yeah, all that has been showcased here lately [and even not so lately] has really raised the bar.
I'd love to have the time to finish all of the "on table" projects I have going. Between customized mutants, trying to open apes mouths, create astronuat teams, build the AO, the icarus, create Terminators, Aliens, Predators.....
Hopefully the summer will afford me more time to accomplish all of these and much more.
I'm working on a Icarus 5 rescue team that I hope will work its way into a photostory.
I was hoping my ape wagons would have been done by now, but having seen Angel's I may not push on it until I feel way more confident in making it work.
Anyway, sorry I haven't been around as much as I want. I 'll try and put a garrison together and find the orangutan. :monkey3

Did you ever have one of those days were it's just really hard to make a decision? My brain is just fried from being at work. Way to much thinking, must get rest…

Which looks better to you? The height of the BLUE line in the first picture? The height of the PINK line in the 2nd picture? (I know, they’re both about the same, but help me out...)

I think the BLUE line looks better, although I like the height of the PINK line...

Take note: Using the PINK line adds an extra 1/2" to the height of the wagon and it also raises the height of the bench by a 1/2". Brent sits a little higher when using the PINK line. My brain hurts... I need sleep.

Last edited:
I think Brent just looks silly sitting in mid air. :lol
Sorry, just couldn't get past that.
Great work thus far Angel. You are definitely setting the standard bar to a very high level.

Hello General Ironman,

Maybe... I'll use BOTH ideas. Now I'm thinking about the blue line, and then moving the bench upward (in height) about 1/2" so that Brent sits higher...

I like the BLUE lined version myself Angel. Don't make Brent sit too high.

This project is coming along very nicely, I love it. Are those Marx horses? I know you don't like dragon's (DML) horses but it would be interesting to see them for size comparison.

Hi Angel,

Awsome work thus far!! Very impressive.

To answer your question...

You have got to go with the blue line. It eliminates the half "windows" (for lack of a better term) across the top of the wagon. It also keeps the number of "windows" top to bottom a screen accurate 5.

Another point, you didn't ask about, but I'll throw my two cents in...

I would eliminate the partial windows at the back of the wagon by making the last ones on the bottom three rows larger. Just a thought.

Back