Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. K--seeing your sculpt makes me crave sculpting again! I'm going to have to try it again...

TDP/IM--I just ordered some resin and silicone for casting.

This is the first time I have seen this photo:
193921_1467490467235_1832769948_857643_5304319_o.jpg

Last edited:
Mr. K--seeing your sculpt makes me crave sculpting again! I'm going to have to try it again...

TDP/IM--I just ordered some resin and silicone for casting.

This is the first time I have seen this photo:
193921_1467490467235_1832769948_857643_5304319_o.jpg

Hi Jess,

Still patiently waiting on your response. Any color will do at this point.
Let's work on getting some projects up and going..
Please get back to me.. :wave

Pat

Hi Jess,

Still patiently waiting on your response. Any color will do at this point.
Let's work on getting some projects up and going..
Please get back to me.. :wave

Pat

Haven't looked to see if I have any fabric of the right color. I think I do...a green one though.

OMG my other project is coming out splendidly! Very excited--I can smell the finish line...Just the hardware left after I verify which side the pockets go on...

DSC08058.jpg

DSC08059.jpg

Have to go back to the hardware shop--the machine screw I bought (3/8 thick) is too short. The bandolier is beautiful though! I even used a pair of real Apemania buttons that I bought from Westbatman ages ago...Apemania sells these buttons for $25 a pair I think. Outfitting a gorilla properly is expensive. The fleather I purchased was $28/yard...the cloth was $18/yard.

Last edited:
Whoo! It is DONE!! Now I wish I could make his mask for him and make him look proper...but I think he's going to strike on his own for that...He will have to age the brass himself.

DSC08061.jpg
DSC08060.jpg
DSC08064.jpg

OMG...this is the snaphook that I wish I had...
us_hw_1in_hook.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Jess,

Could you please confirm over the next few days that you have the conquest green color for me. All I need is enough to make one to fit a sideshow ape that I am buying off a fellow board member here :)

Thank you very much, so sorry, just excited !

Sixx

Sixx--I need to get your check before next Tuesday or your window of opportunity will be lost. I've got other stuff I need to get to.

I have conquest green.

OMG--I know it's too early to celebrate....but I received a note from the post office about a missed package. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow morning. OMG OMG OMG....could it be my Caesar head from Rainman? I can't tell where the package is from. I'm so giddy I don't know if I will be able to sleep.

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you knew much about the ape hieroglyphs? Are they just random or is there some meaning to them? if you were going to create your own ape or clothing etc, would you just make up the hieroglyphs or do they follow some kind of patter/rules?

OMG--I know it's too early to celebrate....but I received a note from the post office about a missed package. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow morning. OMG OMG OMG....could it be my Caesar head from Rainman? I can't tell where the package is from. I'm so giddy I don't know if I will be able to sleep.

I hope so. That would be great news! :D The Caesar head from Rainman is fantastic. :blissy

Jess thats the kind of snap hook they use on building sites. Go to your local buiders merchants that sell sand wood etc not a DIY store. Good hunting, Steve UK.

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you knew much about the ape hieroglyphs? Are they just random or is there some meaning to them? if you were going to create your own ape or clothing etc, would you just make up the hieroglyphs or do they follow some kind of patter/rules?

You can just make your own. Apemania.com--look at how cool theirs looks...you can probably spell out your name too...I can't find the photo now but someone made a General Ursus gorilla and spelled out KEITH on the hieroglyphs.

Check out this link...if you can't access it let me know: https://forumoftheapes.yuku.com/topic/1404/Different-glyphs?page=1

Monkeybat--Thanks...I will have to try and find that hook. I found it on the internet...Westbatman may have a source.

Have a great day guys. I'm off to the post office....

:banana:banana:bananaWhoo! Caesar has arrived in Ape City. So glad and happy and relieved. Not only is he a great artist, but Rainman has restored my faith in humanity.

That is fantastic. I was so :monkey2 when you didn't get it a while back.

:fireworks

Me too! :hi5:

It wasn't my fault that I did not get a warning letter from the gorillas at the post office letting me know that the parcel was going to be sent back at a specific time. :gah:

But having this in hand really helped me to see how you can make a mold of hard/difficult areas and have it be successful. For some reason pictures just don't explain it...but having it in hand you get an epiphany.

Guys I just wanted to let you know that starting in March, I will be super busy and may not be on as much as I have been.

I purchased this 1:6 scale umbrella from Hong Kong through Feebay. It really works--opens and shuts...I wanted black, but by the time I ordered they only had dark brown left. Anyway I think dark brown goes well with chimp colors!! OMG it was sooooo hard to pose them because they kept falling--even when I tightened up C's joints. I had to add a rubberband so he could grip the umbrella...and the actual rain is mist from my garden hose...it was tough to photograph...and my figures are all wet now.

DSC08107.jpg
DSC08103.jpg

DSC08101.jpg
DSC08100.jpg

Last edited:
Great setup. The viewer can sympathize with her uncomfortable chill and respect the gentlechimp.

Posing is difficult with the “as purchased” bodies. I’ve been slowly replacing the bodies of all my apes so they can stand on their own better. Now, I’ve got a pile of sideshow bodies that I am not sure what to do with.

Last edited:
Back