Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Matt! Yes, I bought the Museum, Urko's Headquraters and a ton of 8" inch customs back in 1998, 1999, 2000. I bought the Museum from anthony George in 1999 and then sold it back to him in 2001. What a wild trip. I had also sold most of your custom Apes to a guy in Australia. I believe that I pointed him your direction back then. I remember that the guy and His son were putting together a huge diorama. :banana

Wow! That Hall of Science has seen a lot of action!!!

Wow! That Hall of Science has seen a lot of action!!!
Yeah, really. I forgot about that return trip to San Francisco. Now i'm afraid to see it's condition considering all the little sculptures and stuffed humans i'd put in there. I shall see tomorrow.

This is a new photo from the POTA Yahoo group...it must have been a deleted scene from Escape:

5bd6.jpg

Yeah, really. I forgot about that return trip to San Francisco. Now i'm afraid to see it's condition considering all the little sculptures and stuffed humans i'd put in there. I shall see tomorrow.

Hi Matt! I remember the great sculpts that came with the Museum. I just can't remember what the stuffed humans looked like, except for the Dodge. I allways loved that 8" stuffed Dodge that you did! I wish that I had kept pictures that I had taken of them.:duh

Matt, remember to take photos!! I would love to see the world traveler.

Hi Jess! I remember how difficult it was to package such a bulky item. I also wonder what it looks like now. Matt did such an artistic job on it. I was glad to have owned it at one time. It was spot on to the Movie version.:monkey5

That is just not the way Planet of the Apes should be represented!! That's like having an Elvis impersonator on the front cover of an Elvis release.....

Kudos to Apemania, but...that's just not sitting well with my eyes.

Hey everybody-Here's an update pic on the raft project.

I got it painted & applied the sectional banding as well as the reinforcement patches for the rope grommets.The banding is strips of a tan duct tape I found at walmart.When I picked it up,I thought it was closer to the color than it really was but still has the little 3-D detail I wanted that the mold will pick up...I'll paint it later.I too found a source for tiny eye screws-the type that are used for fishing lures,for the rope grommets.Still have the inflation tanks to make....as well as to decide which approach to go about the orrs.

raftpainted001.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
That raft looks outstanding ENAUD! Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming.

Digital bits has posted the artwork for the individual Blu ape releases. Interesting....

https://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

Interesting... the package of POTA videos have always been dodgy. Those brightly colored videotapes in the late eighties were just plain painful. THE WORST. And I really didin't like the recent Evolution DVD box set graphic with the giant Caesar head looming next to the Statue of Liberty. It made Caesar look so... evil.

But the new graphics are interesting... not great but certainly not the worst I've ever seen in APe releases.

Enaud, your raft is simply delicious and divine! I want to take a bite of it.

I know this is not ape-related, but it made for good practice. This is the Rick Springfield I had to help my girlfriend out with. What do you guys think? I will try to take better photos tomorrow.

Next Rick Springfield (I have to make two) I want to use this photo as reference for his hair:

PRM2.jpg

I sculpted his hair out of Apoxie, then painted it...then I fixed the paint on his face because he had a weird pink tan. I will have better photos for you tomorrow, because my camera sucks with a flash. I needed to practice painting humans anyway. You can't see it in this photograph, but he's got a faint blush on his cheeks...it's very subtle. My photo tomorrow should capture it.

Do you think he looks like what he's supposed to look?

IMG_4345.jpg

IMG_4346.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I finally finished my Mego-sized Cornelius. :banana

I like the way the light falls on his face in this photograph.
IMG_4400.jpg

Here he is looking almost directly at the camera!!
IMG_4403.jpg

Back