Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANG - You gottsta make me an Ursus helmet! That thing is amazing.

I was thinking that the helmet is really freaking amazing and coming along really nicely. Can this be made to fit the upcoming Ursus/Urko sculpt sometime down the road??? :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Jess.

Agreed. If you think they're too thick, let me know, i'll make a you thinner set on me - call it the cost of doing business. Jessica too. I was just about to wrap up your set. Good thing i saw this.

I really generous offer, Matt I really appreciate it. I think I'll take you up on it. I've done some initial cuts then stopped thinking this was not the way to do it. I haven't held an X-Acto in a long time... had flashbacks of all those "mishaps" building my Addar and Revell model kits in my youth. Wasn't pretty.

Also, i think the boot glyphs were a guestimate. I don't think the sculptor had a good referance photo. I've yet to find one myself.

It is interesting to note that it took a project like this to notice that there was a continuity problem with the good doctor's boots. Glyphs... now you see them, now you don't. :rolleyes:

I think I'll take you up on it.
My pleasure. I don't like to see anyone disappointed, and ideally the glyphs should be "stick and go". Thanks for your patience and everyone's objective critique. I'm now taking the same approach with the classic glyphs as well. Keep you posted.

Wow Jess and PZ you really scored on those glyphs. I love the fact people make and offer these things to fellow collectors. Cheers!

Angel I hope you are doing well. I miss you my friend. I can't wait to see your court room display. I get the second part of my order tomorrow so more serious shots to follow. :D till then, my apes march on Ape City!

IMG_0470a.jpg
IMG_0462a.jpg

Agreed. If you think they're too thick, let me know, i'll make a you thinner set on me - call it the cost of doing business. Jessica too. I was just about to wrap up your set. Good thing i saw this. Also, i think the boot glyphs were a guestimate. I don't think the sculptor had a good referance photo. I've yet to find one myself.

Matt, I will take you up on your very generous offer. It will save me a lot of time if you can make them thinner. I am just so happy that these are available for us.

Jess.

I'm afraid that you are going to have to score an exclusive Zaius to use those gylphs, Jess. The regular version of Zaius has the same Ape feet that Cornelius and Zira have. Also he comes with the glyph gloves that are also part of the Armageddon attire instead of those hairy paws.

I don't think he is going for too much on Ebay... not as much as the Mutant Jailor or Forbidden Zone Taylor for some reason.

PZ, I was outbid at $65 with s/h @ $15 just this weekend. Glad I was outbid though. However I have a 2nd chance offer, but I am not going to take the bait.

Jess.

Matt, I will take you up on your very generous offer. It will save me a lot of time if you can make them thinner. I am just so happy that these are available for us.

Jess.
Thanks Jessica. I just pulled the first thin half set out this morning and i think all involved will be pleased. Kfog too, who ordered a set of each.

PZ, I was outbid at $65 with s/h @ $15 just this weekend. Glad I was outbid though. However I have a 2nd chance offer, but I am not going to take the bait.

Jess.

I was the first bidder on that auction as well. My Ebay name is The Zaius Museum. I had to use my only unboxed Zaius Exclusive to make the Beneath version. My boxed one is personally signed by Sideshow sculptor Mat Falls.

Funny thing about that Zaius auction, he put up that very same figure in an auction for $37 a week or so back and it ran for a WHOLE week without anybody bidding on it. I was watching the auction. I WAS going to bid on it but unfortunately forgot about it when the auction finally ended. The next day after the auction ended, I e-mailed seller to either sell it to me outright or re-list the item. As you know, he ultimately decided to re-list the item. While the current auction was running, I even talked him into sending me the figure without the box to lower the shipping costs. I was TOTALLY surprised to see it go for what it did. :google :google :google

Geez... I really think that seller owes me a portion of the profits since it was I who convinced him to re-list the item. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Last edited:
I was the first bidder on that auction as well. My Ebay name is The Zaius Museum. I had to use my only unboxed Zaius Exclusive to make the Beneath version. My boxed one is personally signed by Sideshow sculptor Mat Falls.

Funny thing about that Zaius auction, he put up that very same figure in an auction a week or so back and it ran for a WHOLE week without anybody bidding on it. I was watching the auction. I WAS going to bid on it but unfortunately forgot about it when the auction finally ended. The next day after the auction ended, I e-mailed seller to either sell it to me outright or re-list the item. As you know, he ultimately decided to re-list the item. While the current auction was running, I even talked him into sending me the figure without the box to lower the shipping costs. I was TOTALLY surprised to see it go for what it did. :google :google :google

Geez... I really think that seller owes me a portion of the profits since it was I whoconvinced him to re-list the item. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I'll be looking out for upcoming exclusives. I will back off if I see your first and last initials. Yes, the seller owes you big time. At this point I am just going to try to procure a standard Zaius and rig him to wear the Armageddon outfit. Your Dr. Zaius exclusive is exciting to see!! My E-bay ID is bubadum (for bubblegum).

Jess.

I find it kind of ironic to be scrambling to get another Zaius exclusive when Sideshow had them for sale for over two years without selling out. It never even hit the low quantities section. So with an edition size of only 500, saying that the sales were slow is a VAST understatement.

In fact, the boxed Zaius exclusive I have, I got for free using a $50 Sideshow gift card given out at the SDCC booth. :D

So to see this Zaius now pulling the numbers it is... it's mindboggling. :google :google :google

Sticks, I am excited to see your photos. I can't wait to see them. This anticipation--it's making me go APE:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Jess.

Thanks Jessica. I just pulled the first thin half set out this morning and i think all involved will be pleased. Kfog too, who ordered a set of each.

That sounds great Matt! I will look forward to receiving them!:monkey5

Angel--we haven't heard from you for awhile :confused: --I am wondering how you are and how is the tribunal diorama. Must be spectacular. :monkey5

Jess.

Thanks Jess. I'm glad you like it. I had enough supplies on hand to make that one. Now I have to order more resin (and rubber) for the other partition. Do you still want one for that trade we're working on? Let me know as I need to know so I order enough resin if you really want one.

Yes, Angel. I love it love it love it...

I need to send you a photograph of some fabric I found. I keep forgetting. I'll try to send it today.

Jess.

Sticks - Check out this Beneath Planet Apes Rare Original 35mmTransp.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sid=m37&satitle=150224580413&category0=&fvi=1

Does that mean it's small - like a slide for a slide projector? I asked the guy selling it how big it was and he answered me saying it's a 35mmTransp. I guess that means it's small? :confused:

Jess told me about this picture on eBay. I wish it were bigger. It's a GREAT point of reference for building the staircase.
I'm just as confused as you are Angel. The transp. part baffles. me. Was this made from scanner? Does taylor have mutant shoes on in that picture?

Back