Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your Zaius look fantastic, Kfog!!! The sleeve really do look fine without the leather strip. How did you affix the glyphs... with fabric glue?

Ah, music to my ears. I checked my Addar Zaius, and there are no boot glyphs, but here's another reference photo:

zaius_costume_003.jpg

I have both sets and the second set is a MAJOR improvement... even though I was initially happy with the original set. And the color of the second glyph set are closer in color to the leather strips on the Exclusive Zaius than the first pair. Thanks Matt for all of your hard work!!! :D

So... any more Orangutan glyphs on the planning board? I'm thinking... President of the Assembly....

As for the Addar Zaius... I didn't remember the model kit having the boot glyphs, but since I haven't seen the kit in YEARS, I just took people's word on it. And from what I can tell, the Mego boot glyph is not an acccurate reference.

And thanks for the GREAT reference photo of Zaius!!! It's great to see that the good doctor had them on for more than just one scene. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Ah, music to my ears. I checked my Addar Zaius, and there are no boot glyphs, but here's another reference photo:

zaius_costume_003.jpg

Matt, the glyphs arrived Friday. They looked so yummy I had to stop myself from biting them. I really love how thin the Minister of Science glyphs were made--they will be very easy to place and are very pliable. The reference photos are great, too...but I'm assuming that the Armageddon glyphs were positioned them in the order they are supposed to be placed.

Jess.

Your Zaius look fantastic, Kfog!!! The sleeve really do look fine without the leather strip. How did you affix the glyphs... with fabric glue?

Hi Proto! I just used a generous amount of Fabritac (Walmart)on each piece. I broke a cotton swab in half and use the cardboard part of it to apply the glue evenly. I then applied the Glyphs and then later used a toothpick to scrape the excess glue from the sides.:monkey1

Matt, the glyphs arrived Friday. They looked so yummy I had to stop myself from biting them.
LOL. I believe those were the jalopeno flavored glyphs. I mixed the last batch in a jalopeno jar my wife had put aside for me. But really, thanks! I'm so glad all worked out. Yes, the arm glyphs are definitely positioned in order. Also, PZ, i'm happy to hear the color was a better match to the exclusive outfit. Fortunately, i had your pics to refer to. Thanks Again! Matt

So... any more Orangutan glyphs on the planning board? I'm thinking... President of the Assembly....

PZ, I've got good news and bad news. First, the bad news...the President of the Assembly is on my list, but unfortunately it's Mego scale. :monkey4

Now the good news! HE'S ON ANGEL'S LIST :chew :chew :chew !!!!

I finished my silkscreen today--(I totally messed up one t-shirt) but I did manage to silkscreen four other t-shirts successfully with my Ceasar Che. I am impatiently waiting for them to dry up so that I could iron the paint and make the design permanent. It doesn't look bad at all!! I can't wait to wear it...

And, on another ape front, I have managed to take a bunch of really nice photos of Colonel Taylor that I am attaching. I decided to add a backpack that I sculpted. Too bad the back of the backpack is a little rough. Other than that I am very happy with the way it turned out. Maybe I'll add a tad more brown to tone down the yellow of his hair.

I am wondering how the filming is going in Stick's Ape City....

Here is a pic for Matt and Snick to check out! Great job fellas! Snick, I look forward to a pic of that Icarus Roof material! Also, let me know when you plan on making the Gorilla bando with glyphs (Hunt Leader)?

kfog stands for Kent Fogliano and my true age is 45.:cool:

KFOG - Making the bando isn't a problem. I've been a little swamped. The spaceship is way harder than I imagined it and is taking up huge amounts of time.

ALL - Brent's head has arrived and is currently being molded. I'll offer him to you guys/JESS the moment I have a resin cast.

Last edited:
I was browsing the new Sideshow web site and I went to the Planet of the Apes section. All of the figures are sold out... however the ONLY figure they are accepting Wait List orders is, oddly enough, for the Zaius Exclusive.

If there are anybody out there on this thread that still wants this figure and doesn't mind waiting here' sthe link:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=75011

KFOG - Making the bando isn't a problem. I've been a little swamped. The spaceship is way harder than I imagined it and is taking up huge amounts of time.

ALL - Brent's head has arrived and is currently being molded. I'll offer him to you guys/JESS the moment I have a resin cast.

Hi Snick! I totally understand! I am looking forward to the Brent sculpt though. I would like to get a painted virgin (I mean version) of it.:monkey5

These are excellent! Great job with the sleeves. The big back glyph is perfect too. Having Matt re-cast them thinner makes all the difference.

The only real problem that I had was dealing with messy glue. I really think that the Glyphs kick butt! Koudos to you and Matt for an outstanding job on them.:rolleyes:

Here's a photo of my silkscreen on Ashton, my toddler. I will remove this photo in this evening, but I thought maybe you guys would like to see how it came out.

Jess.

Last edited:
Adorable child and great shirt... Two wonderful creations of yours. You should be proud!

Last edited:
Just checking in. Things are going really well. i can't wait to share, but it will have to be after the contest. :D

Jess that Taylor came out very well. Your Mego gorillas will have a force to fear when Taylor gets back to his shelf. Your backpack looks, do I dare say?, better than SideShow's own version. I really like the look to it, especially the back. Congrats Jessica on a job very well done.

Snick those glyphs look very cool, I wish I was able to get in, unfortunately I am done with my budget. I had to order four more Dr. Z's and open the rest of my regular gorillas. I only have two marauders, and one ex. Dr. Z left in their boxes. :monkey2 It's odd the twelve chimps look like they outnumber my 17 gorillas.

It's odd the twelve chimps look like they outnumber my 17 gorillas.

:google :google :google

I've GOT to get cracking on MY gorilla garrison.

Thanks for checking in Sticks... it's been awhile. As well as you know we are all chomping at the bit for more of your Ape City goodness. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Back