SDCC Exclusives revealed tomorrow!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what happens when you fill Spooktaculars and such with social networking, give away a ton of ____ and then expect them to keep hanging around or bringing friends. We're still here, more than half of those johnny come latelies I'm sure don't even remember the name of the company that was giving stuff away.

As long as SS is still giving away free stuff, they'll stay around. But in the same perspective, the Same can be said with the mondo flippers. SS, nothing more than a means of making a quick buck to some.

My point is that you cannot equate those waiting for a freebee to all of sudden push and drive the social networking to grab 10 friends and like SSC's page to the tune of 6000 new people in order to simply reveal exclusives. There is simply no logic there or a complete misunderstanding of the strength of SSC's social networking endeavors since an enormous chunk of those who follow them on Twitter or like them on Facebook are posting here anyway.

Remember when they had a comment contest and the one with the most likes got a prize? I remember seeing people I was friends with asking all of their friends to like a comment and seeing some go for it, the goal was to have people go "hmmm...this is cool, I'll stick around" but it doesn't work that way 99% of the time. In fact those who are simply waiting for something free are more inclined to NOT say anything to friends/family/etc because it creates unneeded competition for said prize.

Pretty F'd up that SW Celebration is more than a month after SDCC and we know what that Exclusive is, yet (aside from knowing 1 item from a sneak-peek) nada for SDCC, which, as has been said, starts 5 weeks from today.

Sideshow, time to swallow your pride on this and get the show on the damn road. The clock is ticking!

Is Sideshow under new management or something? They sure don't seem to be the company they used to be. I don't even recognize the names of the people that work there anymore.

Is Sideshow under new management or something? They sure don't seem to be the company they used to be. I don't even recognize the names of the people that work there anymore.

:lecture there was a time when Sideshow was on its game, and sadly that time has long passed. It feels weird to have been collecting Sideshow for so long that you see how much things have changed.

things will only keep changing at this rate... in this economy, SST needs to worry more about keeping their fanbase and less about increasing their "likes" on Facebook.

Facebook "likes" are Fail anyway...its been reported that Facebook users (about 80-90%) don't even click on advertisement ads or purchase products that companies advertise..

Most people use Facebook to post "self absorbed" comments about things nobody really cares about or post every 10 minutes about themselves about the stupidest things.Nobody cares!

Well I guess theres no way for me to help out. I got rid of my Facebook along time ago.

yeah... here's hoping we do enough to push SST to reveal what they are going to sell us on.

I'd be surprised if we don't finally get these revealed tomorrow in the newsletter. If they are going to do any kind of pre-order for these, they need to do them NOW or else they'll run out of time to do them.

I'd be surprised if we don't finally get these revealed tomorrow in the newsletter. If they are going to do any kind of pre-order for these, they need to do them NOW or else they'll run out of time to do them.

I hope your right man:exactly:. tryna budget for the exclusives and Comic Con takes some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back