SDCC Exclusives revealed tomorrow!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This statement has ignorance written all over it. Hollywood and videogames are "culture." Perhaps if you'd said, "those who truly want to go for the COMICS" (i.e. the con's namesake), you'd have a better point to make instead of nonsensical dribble.

Actually, that whole sentence should have been in italics, it's more so the sarcastic FB responses of those who missed out. Not sure why that was left out of the original post?

Main point,

Saying "I got in and SS deserves to give special perks over those whom didn't make it" is a self-indulgent attitude towards all those who missed out, that wanted to go.

Have you ever been to comic-con? This show draws at least 125k people with thousands more get mad because they didn't get tickets. This shows sells out because these people want to see all of it.Yes, some more tha others but every area of the floor is packed. I don't think you know a thing about comic-con. :peace

"thousand or so" is plural for thousands.

You do know some show up just for a single panel, stay a day, and yet buy a four day pass?

Last edited:
"thousand or so" is plural for thousands.

You do know some show up just for a single panel, stay a day, and yet buy a four day pass?

No, thats like saying 1-2 people wanted in. Thousands means multiple over that number.

Sure some do but not that many. My point is this thing would and could sell twice the number of tickets if they could because that many people at the very very least want to get in. Having been a few times I've got a pretty good idea.

The only reason the show 'only' draws 125K people every year is because that's all that will fit in the SD convention center. Because they've been running at full capacity for years, every year there is talk about moving the whole thing to a far bigger venue (you often hear Los Angeles and Vegas mentioned) ... but I think the City of San Diego has been very keen to keep it right where it is. Because it's a huge boon to their local economy.

The only reason the show 'only' draws 125K people every year is because that's all that will fit in the SD convention center. Because they've been running at full capacity for years, every year there is talk about moving the whole thing to a far bigger venue (you often hear Los Angeles and Vegas mentioned) ... but I think the City of San Diego has been very keen to keep it right where it is. Because it's a huge boon to their local economy.

Yup they fight to keep them there every year. Since 2007 if I go there to just buy i get in free. I have to be out of there in under 5 hours. In all cases under 3. Ki live about a hour away. I started going in 87?89?.

I cant wait for the exclusives to be revealed just so this damn thread can be locked... :lol

Two weeks to go. I have no doubts they'll wait until July 5th Newsletter (maybe the 3rd if they produce a newsletter before the holiday) before showing off anything other than one or two puzzle pieces of what we already now.

Two weeks to go. I have no doubts they'll wait until July 5th Newsletter (maybe the 3rd if they produce a newsletter before the holiday) before showing off anything other than one or two puzzle pieces of what we already now.

nana.gif

Just to give y'all the heads up...

This years Exclusives will become available for order the first week of July.

-SideshowAlex

Yup they fight to keep them there every year. Since 2007 if I go there to just buy i get in free. I have to be out of there in under 5 hours. In all cases under 3. Ki live about a hour away. I started going in 87?89?.

I may go next year to SDCC. I thought you needed a ticket to get in?

100,000 is more than its capacity if you ask me :lol That extra 25,000 really makes things squishy :monkey4

100,000 is more than its capacity if you ask me :lol That extra 25,000 really makes things squishy :monkey4

If they move it to a larger venue, and increase attendance, won't it still be over crowded? I understand more people could go, but logically, it would still have all the same problems. Maybe even worse for getting into panels. Hall H fills what, 4,000? If they doubled attendance, but the largest panel room was at say 6,000, then it would probably be an even longer miserable line for fans.

Obviously this is if they moved to a different venue.

Hey guys. I am new to this whole statue collecting thing been more about comics but loving getting into it. How many new possible pieces do they usually announce at comic-con.

Hey guys. I am new to this whole statue collecting thing been more about comics but loving getting into it. How many new possible pieces do they usually announce at comic-con.

I'M not really sure how many they actually come out with at SDCC.But you can be sure there will be quite a few new figures on display.With the new Mythos line,Premium Format and LSF figures their display will be HUGE.

I may go next year to SDCC. I thought you needed a ticket to get in?

Yes and no. Its a long story but I walk into a special line get a pass and need to be out in under so much time. I do not go anywhere but the sale floor or where they sign item (I just hand off the item, pay the fee and get it fast).

In 2007 I did buy a 3 day or a 4 day ticket. Spent the week in SD (about a hour from my house, if I drive OC). Had a nice time but the cost of the tickets could have been spent on something in hand.

Yess! I was really hoping their other legs would look pretty much the same as the ones we already saw, and sure enough, they do. Thank you, SSC! This is why you're the best! :rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back