Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (September 3rd, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cast a latino or middle eastern for Iron Fist so that both sides can shut up about stereotypes and appropriation. I've always leaned to comic accurate casting. Diversity be damned when it comes to existing characters.

It baffles me that people like this movie at all. A couple cool fight scenes, that didn't make sense as his father wanted his help, but the rings and fantasy village just don't do anything for me. Iron Fist is my boy, and if this was his movie, I would be pissed with him in a vehicle going through moving trees, again, moving trees, with some *** with wings talking to a not bad guy who was a bad guy actor that makes no sense to have a significant role in this film. To each their own.

If only Sony could move up Spider-Man.
"I told my people that they wouldn't be able to kill you if they tried". Plus he wouldn't have come willingly.

Cast a latino or middle eastern for Iron Fist so that both sides can shut up about stereotypes and appropriation. I've always leaned to comic accurate casting. Diversity be damned when it comes to existing characters.
Agreed. But DisMarvel has proven it will cater to the current social climate, and that tends to mean "socially-sensitive" casting and representation for any group claiming bias.

Wait, what? Does Shang chi get beat up by a girl?
Well was kind of a cheap shot by his sister. You know it was over for him when he would have to face a woman in a Hollywood movie. He is lucky to have lived. :lol
Exactly. He went there to find her and warn her about/protect her from their father's assassins. So he was fighting defensively as he had no intention of harming her. She on the other hand had years of pent up resentment that she wanted to take out on him, as evidenced by that kick to the nads. :lol

Exactly. He went there to find her and warn her about/protect her from their father's assassins. So he was fighting defensively as he had no intention of harming her. She on the other hand had years of pent up resentment that she wanted to take out on him, as evidenced by that kick to the nads. :lol
I had no problem with that scene

🙄

Of course...

Can you imagine if they showed a guy kicking a woman in the taco? Full force, taco breaking kick! The outrage would be epic.

They do, if you kick them hard enough.
tumblr_mky00cimiv1rii3opo1_400.gif

"I told my people that they wouldn't be able to kill you if they tried". Plus he wouldn't have come willingly.
But he did...
Well, only after they were vastly outnumbered and further fighting would have put Katy in jeopardy. He knew that in terms of effectiveness her belting out Hotel California was a one-time thing. :lol

I saw it four times and really enjoyed it. Does it crack my MCU top ten? Nope ..... but it doesn't fall into my bottom five, either.

🙄

Of course...

Can you imagine if they showed a guy kicking a woman in the taco? Full force, taco breaking kick! The outrage would be epic.
No doubt, but it wouldn't be quite so debilitating. :horror
Tacos don’t feel pain…

Tacos Doesn't Feel Pity, Or Remorse, Or Fear, And It Absolutely Will Not Stop, Ever, Until You Are a Wrapped like a Burrito!”

Maybe it's a Midwest thing, but per my three sisters-in-law the preferred slang is fajita, not taco. I think because it has the same number of syllables? 🤷‍♂️

No doubt, but it wouldn't be quite so debilitating. :horror

Maybe it's a Midwest thing, but per my three sisters-in-law the preferred slang is fajita, not taco. I think because it has the same number of syllables? 🤷‍♂️
I've heard many names of it from men and women. Don't think women don't speak dirty either as it seems like women are worse IMO.

With all the crying memes and the Bully Maguire stuff I thought a lot of people had turned on him and his portrayal but the general vibe I'm getting in advance of No Way Home is that people are going to be disgusted if Tobey isn't in it. There seems to still be a lot of love for him as Spiderman.
It’s funny. When Andrew was coming out people and myself included were trashing Tobey and saying he wasn’t comic accurate spidey. Then the asm films sucked and people started missing him. Then mcu spidey came and was pretty much iron boy jr and that’s when everyone realized he was probably the most accurate portrayal of the character on screen minus the quips. Also his movies she’d like fine wine.

Back