SHIN GODZILLA - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GODZILLA RESURGENCE - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

My issues with FW are the blatant mirrors to X-Men and The Matrix and the rushed Godzilla fights with the elongated fight being with an awful look enemy and knockoff Ghidorah.

If the Godzilla time had been better used I'd probably look past the rest but the subpar Godzilla action only
leaves me wishing the human side was at least enjoyable.

Yeah it was a big letdown. Also moreso because was the 50th anniversary. It didn't feel like any real heart was put into it. Kitamura looked at the entire series as a kiddy Power Rangers spectacle. He clearly didn't appreciate the more adult beginnings or origins of the monster

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ouch.

At least FW has a real Godzilla in it lol

That's the problem... It's the real Godzilla and they crapped all over him and the other monsters..

The other film is so far removed from being Godzilla or a Godzilla film that it;s not Godzilla.. Thus it's only my second least fav.

My issues with FW are the blatant mirrors to X-Men and The Matrix and the rushed Godzilla fights with the elongated fight being with an awful look enemy and knockoff Ghidorah.

If the Godzilla time had been better used I'd probably look past the rest but the subpar Godzilla action only
leaves me wishing the human side was at least enjoyable.

The Monster designs were all bad and They never used High speed filming to give the monsters that Slow lumbering feeling.. This was the first Godzilla film where they looked like and made me think they were nothing more then people in a costume.

It's just awful..

How did they crap on Godzilla?

He was overpowered actually and pretty badass. Everything else sucked. But they certainly went for the legend of Godzilla.

How did they crap on Godzilla?

He was overpowered actually and pretty badass. Everything else sucked. But they certainly went for the legend of Godzilla.

Because the film was bad and Godzilla looked like he tried to block a Goal by King Caesar when KC kicked Anguirus. Like I said to maulfan above the look of the monsters and how they were filmed made them really look like cheap monster suits.

They looked more like Power Rangers monsters and monster fights. Awful.

Take the same film... Make Godzilla look and move more like Godzilla and better designed monsters and film the action not like a Power Rangers TV show and the film would be 75% better.

I thought godzilla looked great himself. I loved the north pole reveal I thought the suit moved great and he was so powerful. I lived the image of him standing in the crater of ghost town Tokyo.

I thought godzilla looked great himself. I loved the north pole reveal I thought the suit moved great and he was so powerful. I lived the image of him standing in the crater of ghost town Tokyo.

Thats cool... Just wasn't my kind of film... I don;t like how Skinny they made him and I disliked his smaller spikes.. I just did not like the design at all... Then add to the fact that I thought all other aspects of the film were bad to me and you get my least fav Godzilla film.

As a film it's among the worst. ..but godzilla revenge will forever have that honor. I'll watch final wars 10 times before watching revenge.

I don't consider Revenge it's own movie, it's like a TV show that needs to fill in for a bit with an highlight real disguised as a fresh episode, there's new stuff sure, but a lot of stock footage recycled and not just here and there to save SFX money. It's the only movie I don't own simply because it doesn't feel like a true film, I own 98 and FW despite my feelings on them, they're at least self contained films.

As for how the monsters were handled, designs and cinematography were good, but action was off, like JAWS said, their behavior, even Godzilla, was too much like a person who happened to be in a costume more so than giant lizards and such. It's almost more like a video game depiction.

I forgot in my first post and agree, part of the sour was it being his going into hiatus movie and it paled compared to Terror of Mechagodzilla and Destroyah as an end to an era, Destroyah especially, I think that was the best era ending movie of all, it was great, the Heisei era started out strong, got weak in the middle and went out equally strong.

The Millennium series started out good, dropped, recovered a bit with GMK and then just dropped off bad from there on out.

Hedorah was crapped on for sure… [emoji38]
Lol he totally was.

Just about everybody was except Gigan and ghidorah. Godzilla was like a dragon ball z character.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This trailer was very odd. But it looks really cool! Godzilla's tail is so big

That ridiculous tail makes it look like a walking Nike swoosh after an hour in the toaster. The whole trailer (soundtrack included) made me cringe TBH. It's very much like an AOT/anime-themed take on Godzilla, which I was not looking forward to.

On the plus side, think of all the money I'll save doing a hard pass on this movie and everything associated with it!

12986924_1161592427198273_2468942321942109219_n.jpg

Gross.

Last edited:

Look at this fat bastard! :lol

image.jpg

His tail is huge!

So we have ourselves another melting Godzilla look.

Godzilla v Military, what's not to like!

Bring it!

Looks like a 2005 fan made trailer. I cried the tears of disgust during the whole thing. G-fan in me had a heart stroke.

Back