SHIN GODZILLA - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GODZILLA RESURGENCE - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

I know everybody has preferences but I dig what Toho is doing with their monster. We saw the new Gamera trailer (not great cgi there either in fact much worse in some shots but then again it's further from release ) and it looks like a great kaiju battle flick but look at the tone they are aiming for. It's pretty incredible to me how they are pitching their iconic kaiju vs Gamera.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

the tone of this feels similar to what the american godzilla was being advertised as but this actually looks like it's going to be what the trailers show. I don't think Toho has the budget to remove monsters from certain shots to hide the fact that Godzilla might fight another monster lol Anyways I'm digging the trailer, I think it looks and feels pretty dark, I just hate the gimp arms, he looks like a crippled to me, other than that this looks pretty good.

So is it confirmed that he will grow more or is that just fanboy dreaming?

Wow, loving this already. This version have a certain Japanese touch to it. The previous version is good too but more Western taste.

Not a fan of the overly long mind-of-its-own tail. Not a fan of his sickly look. Slightly underwhelmed with the effects. Trailer basically showed a bunch of people in shock and fear.

Will still see it of course, and would love to see it in IMAX.

The Japanese couldn't resist giving him a giant tentacle tail.

12 years have passed since the last movie, a not so good one at that, this release is nothing but super exciting for me.

I love the idea but not the execution so much. Gimp arms.... cue Pulp Fiction music.

12 years have passed since the last movie, a not so good one at that, this release is nothing but super exciting for me.

To be honest, overall this gives me a feeling I might consider it Toho's best since Biollante, 27 years.

To be honest, overall this gives me a feeling I might consider it Toho's best since Biollante, 27 years.

This personally gives me Godzilla 85 vibes, which I love that film, it's one of my favorites of godzilla. I'm quite excited to see this, the godzilla action does look like it'll be a little underwhelming though, it looks like he's just walking through cities, it doesn't look like he's actually destroying anything.

Production stills.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

1920 x 1080 wallpaper from official site background.

AiMlG1L.jpg

He looks like bloody charcoal briquette.

Is it just me or do the spikes and the nature of Godzilla seem like a redesign to partake in the 90's zilla? I mean like 85 Godzilla followed through to the G vs Biollante.. I wonder if this is like a continuation after G vs Destroyer which was the Death of 90's zilla but... this is Resurgence..? So... the spikes of Godzilla just really look 90's... and since they took break from that design from Millenium series and I see no resemblance of the Final Wars Zilla. I mean this could be a whole new movie. However could it be they would continue on a story of old Godzilla story like how 85 connected to G vs Biollante?

Is it just me or do the spikes and the nature of Godzilla seem like a redesign to partake in the 90's zilla? I mean like 85 Godzilla followed through to the G vs Biollante.. I wonder if this is like a continuation after G vs Destroyer which was the Death of 90's zilla but... this is Resurgence..? So... the spikes of Godzilla just really look 90's... and since they took break from that design from Millenium series and I see no resemblance of the Final Wars Zilla. I mean this could be a whole new movie. However could it be they would continue on a story of old Godzilla story like how 85 connected to G vs Biollante?

I think this is supposed to be a sequel to the original godzilla and he's been regenerating for the past 60 years or so and that's why he emerges looking like that. Apparently he's supposed to continue to regenerate though out the film and at the end I guess he's supposed to look normal.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Final Wars. I certainly understand why many Godzilla fans didn't care for it but seeing so many rarely seen (and more seen) monsters on screen was just pure geek times for me. Gojira will always be my absolute favorite Godzilla film though.

I'm liking the look of these newest Toho one. Very much looking forward to seeing it once it's finally released for U.S. consumption!

Well, 95 ended with his healthy son.

I don't see this as a continuation, but he does have some red marks peeking thru his skin which kind of reminds me of his 95 burning look.

Unless this is JR here and he is possessed by the ghost of Destoroyah! :lol

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Final Wars. I certainly understand why many Godzilla fans didn't care for it but seeing so many rarely seen (and more seen) monsters on screen was just pure geek times for me. Gojira will always be my absolute favorite Godzilla film though.

I'm liking the look of these newest Toho one. Very much looking forward to seeing it once it's finally released for U.S. consumption!

Oh don't get me wrong, most Godzilla movies are bad, just different levels of bad.

There are those that are entertaining bad.

FW still worth owning in similar fashion like Batman and Robin is worth owning for the lolz.

I think this is supposed to be a sequel to the original godzilla and he's been regenerating for the past 60 years or so and that's why he emerges looking like that. Apparently he's supposed to continue to regenerate though out the film and at the end I guess he's supposed to look normal.

But the Oxygen Destroyer left bones in 54 G film. Not like the heart beat ending of G GMA. I mean the embodiment of Godzilla returning and never dying is legend though.

Well, 95 ended with his healthy son.

I don't see this as a continuation, but he does have some red marks peeking thru his skin which kind of reminds me of his 95 burning look.

Unless this is JR here and he is possessed by the ghost of Destoroyah! :lol

Which I thought was familiar too and I think JR died yeah. :lol

Jr was revived by the radiation of Godzilla's death. He's alive

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So if this is the original godzilla. Why is he bigger than all other godzilla's before him. Even the g14

Back