SHIN GODZILLA - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GODZILLA RESURGENCE - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

I want to be excited, but that trailer didn't help. I'll agree his size is terrifying, as well as his look, but the only movement I saw was his thigh jiggling a little. I had high hopes for Final Wars. Those hopes were obliterated. I had high hopes for Godzilla 2014. Those were no fulfilled. Not sure this is going to be much to write home about.

It wasn't until I was typing the comment about the movement, that I realized the producers of this movie may be smarter than we think. There was a lot of discussion about the huge thighs of this incarnation. This Godzilla is obviously the largest one to date. I remember what I learned in physics class about scaling of living creatures. The increase in volume quickly outpaces the increase in height and surface area. The larger the creature, the more substantial the base structure has to be to support it otherwise it collapses under its own weight. He almost has to have a pyramidal shape. In reality, the only reason I'm actually typing this is to make myself feel better about the whole thing at the moment.

I'm sorry to hear that because that clip certainly got my juices flowing!

All kinds of bad ass on display, the last thing I thought about was physics while watching that. :lol

I was like new Godzilla, hell yeah!

This is already in my top 3 visual Godzilla movies, with 2014 and 1984, the cinematography and sense of his size is just so well done, I haven't felt like a single shot looks like a guy walking around a soundstage.

63351955.jpg

:lol

:lol

Titanic Cookie Monster from someone's childhood nightmares.

I see you like the pseudo-found-footage aesthetic. :lol

_

"I just want to apologize to Honda's mom, Kayama's mom, and my mom. And I'm sorry to everyone. I was very naive. I am so so sorry for everything that has happened. It my fault. Because it was me who got hyped. I insisted on everything. I insisted that it's gonna be great. I insisted that the monster looked great. I insisted that we watch it on a big screen. Everything had to be my way. And this is where we've ended up and it's all because of me that we're here now - depressed and laughed at. I love you mom, dad. I am so sorry..."

the-blair-witch-project-w091611.jpeg

No, I like the "This thing is huge and gonna kill me." aspect.

I'm sorry guys, but he has the movement of a parade float in every shot I've seen. I'm really glad I have such low expectations of this movie because there is no way I can be disappointed. I do hope this turns out to be the best G movie ever.

I think his movement looks powerful, the slow mo tail looks really cool too! :lol

I consider this movie to be as big a deal as a Hollywood summer blockbuster, it's been 12 long years!

Everything shown of him so far makes this the best looking Godzilla movie action wise.

The chanting music made his movement even more haunting and epic, you can feel the force when his leg came down.

Great camera work from the ground looking up at him.

Obviously the movie could still suck, but I have my fingers crossed.

This might give us the Godzilla we wanted in 2014.

First 3 TV spots in 1080p viewable, 720p is the best download source for this available sadly.

Thanks for posting! :hi5:

I know that you're just as super duper uber stoked for this as I am! :rock

Thanks for posting! :hi5:

I know that you're just as super duper uber stoked for this as I am! :rock

Crazy stoked, I don't even care what the story is like at this point. From the trailers alone, I love Godzilla's design, I love the cinematography style, and if the music is from the movie, I'm probably going to love the score. I'm just very pleased with every bit of news on where this is going and all the most important elements of a Godzilla movie for me are turning out right here.

I like the fact that this looks to stand out visually from any other G film.

I just can't get over how sick this movie looks!

The military stuff looks outstanding!

The explosion with the dirt shooting up at that bridge, the missles being fired towards his head, the tank fire towards his legs, it all gives him such great scale.

Who knew that a slow mo tail with proper music could be so haunting!

Back