SHIN GODZILLA - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the more I see and learn about his evolution and such, it makes me further appreciate the design.
While I don't like the design overall I do love the thought process behind it very much.
Still, if the human story doesn't connect narratively then it's all just another "look at me im different" crap.

I saw someone over at TK mention that the tip of Shin Godzilla's tail looks like it has a head starting to grow out of it. I thought it was bull and then I went to look for the close up picks. Uuuuugh, I think it might be a head actually. That might explain some things? This makes me want the Monster-Arts figure even more now. I heard it was sculpted by the actual maquette designer for the film, which adds a level of cool even though it's not Saki.
View attachment 284565 View attachment 284566

That looks like the most evil piece of **** ever. I'm not saying it's bad I'm saying it looks like what would happen if the devil ate chipotle,Taco Bell , drank a gallon of hot sauce and a box of White Castle and shat out that thing.

But other than that very cool concept.

Impressive opening numbers for that region.

It's on track to make more at the box office overall than any other Toho Godzilla film, very good sign if Legendary could do as well as it did and this movie could do so well, we could be on our way to a new Showa era in terms of number of films.

Good, can't wait for the next reboot where Japan meets Godzilla for the 1st time again. :lol

Is it weird that in my head I use to think it was all connect and I tried to make sense of it. So I kept telling myself Godzilla was growing up and so were his villians. Idk

I saw someone over at TK mention that the tip of Shin Godzilla's tail looks like it has a head starting to grow out of it. I thought it was bull and then I went to look for the close up picks. Uuuuugh, I think it might be a head actually. That might explain some things? This makes me want the Monster-Arts figure even more now. I heard it was sculpted by the actual maquette designer for the film, which adds a level of cool even though it's not Saki.
View attachment 284565 View attachment 284566

If you are familiar with the paintings, illustrations and sculptures of Takayuki Takeya and the art of Mahiro Maeda than none of this should be surprising when saying that their collaboration on Shin Gojira is the creepiest, most ****ed up thing to ever grace a Godzilla film. Go back and look at some of Takeya's work from the 1990s when he was collaborating with Yasushi Nirasawa for the Creature Core line of resin garage kits and illustrations and you'll see the impetus of where this madness comes from. Same goes for Maeda's work. These guys are like a couple of Japanese H.R. Gigers. Crazy body horror that is weird and creepy as ****. Shin Gojira is a literal chimera it seems and that is truly revolutionary and so damn creative for one of these films. So impressed with everything Toho and these artists have done.

Kaiju A and B maquettes:

They're also pretty disturbing looking...
You've been warned!
image6665_zpsslsblbgx.jpg

image656565_zpsy1l8qkvy.jpg
I doubt they look even remotely as realistic and cool in the actual film.
Still an awesome concept for a new Godzilla origin.

__

Also, same "fire breath" gif of a much better quality:

5370098-3333976056-www.d.gif

With the way he looks, I shutter to think what they will draw up for Anguirus

I think his tail is too bulky and long. Just seems like it would unbalance him being that yuuge.

Those maquettes for Kaiju A and B are absolutely terrific. Truly grotesque and terrifying. I'm in total agreement with you all--this is perhaps the greatest concept for Godzilla maybe ever.

Back