ShortRound's FORTUNE & GLORY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ShortRound's fortune and glory *Ben Kenobi/strange old hermit*

You beat MarfMaster to it! :lol

It looks incredible, it was a great sculpt, just hidden underneath that dated paintjob.

May I ask what the water treatment is? Did you just did the clothes in cold water? :dunno

Last edited:

Very great, ben is awesome, congrats ;)

Along with the rest, this Ben looks awesome. Great stuff!

Ben looks magnificent! Always love coming to this thread to admire such a clean and well curated collection! Excellent work Shorty!

Water treatment recipe, please!:pray:

Last edited:

Great shots of Ben Shortfat :clap

My fav.....

IMG_4903.jpg

Re: ShortRound's fortune and glory

I don't know why I waited so long to have him repainted.

That's easy, you were waiting for me to do it first. :lol :nana:

Fantastic shots homie, the sculpt looks AMAZING! Excellent work on the robes as well, I'm still not happy with mine at the moment. It's the part that drapes down from his belt, **** is trouble! Ben, Yoda, and maybe Ras are probably all sitting in my work's mailbox right now. :gah:

Thanks guys!

The water treatment is a real simple process. Just throw the clothes in some water and futz it while still wet. This creates the illusion of real 1/1 weight that 1/6 can not achieve.

Hope that kinda explains it.

@Marf-You definitely gave me that push. Thanks for that buddy. :1-1:

Re: ShortRound's fortune and glory

Another oldie but goodie! Without a doubt my favorite Sideshow Star Wars piece. And of course, the man Trevor sculpted it. :yess:

I don't know why I waited so long to have him repainted. Been sitting around since his release. No new or old SS piece can beat Ben. My opinion of course.

Painted by SilentSurfer. Thanks again Nathan!

IMG_4906.jpg

IMG_4898.jpg

IMG_4899.jpg

IMG_4900.jpg

IMG_4901.jpg

IMG_4903.jpg

IMG_4905.jpg

IMG_4904.jpg

Amazing Shorty! Always wanted an Old Ben and this is just convincing me more! Must stay away from Star Wars though. I promised myself Jabbas lair and thats it! But the bug is so easy to get bitten by again and again and again! :lol

Really no secret. :lol

All made by Sideshow. I just water treated the entire outfit and futz the hell out of it. I also added a small weight in the hood. To give it that weighted down look(not pictured). :slap

Body is SS too? Hands look like HT TT...

Awesome Ben! And LOVE LOVE your set up!! :clap

Amazing Shorty! Always wanted an Old Ben and this is just convincing me more! Must stay away from Star Wars though. I promised myself Jabbas lair and thats it! But the bug is so easy to get bitten by again and again and again! :lol

I would say make this your last and final homie. Seriously think this is best SS piece.

Now if you include HT, that's gonna be a different story pretty soon. :lol

Body is SS too? Hands look like HT TT...

Awesome Ben! And LOVE LOVE your set up!! :clap

Of I forgot to mention that. Thanks! It's on a HT narrow shoulder with Kevin Flynn fat suit and TTM19 relaxed hands. Alec Guinness wasn't REALLY fat but had maybe a small belly. Which is exactly all the KF fat suit is. A small belly. Perfect for Ben!

Wow, I don't quite understand how you hid the wires... it must be customized? These Ikea dioders come with a transformer and 4 socket plug that cannot fit under the detolf itself (per set!). So for 4 detolfs, that's 16 plugs you've gotta deal with. I've been really scratching my head at your clean set-up.

I would say make this your last and final homie. Seriously think this is best SS piece.

Now if you include HT, that's gonna be a different story pretty soon. :lol

Of I forgot to mention that. Thanks! It's on a HT narrow shoulder with Kevin Flynn fat suit and TTM19 relaxed hands. Alec Guinness wasn't REALLY fat but had maybe a small belly. Which is exactly all the KF fat suit is. A small belly. Perfect for Ben!

Oh I see. Thanks. After seeing yours, it really makes me want to do the same to mine!

Re: ShortRound's fortune and glory *Iminime Ras/Ben Kenobi**

I gotta say I'm not entirely thrilled about this release. Can't put my finger as to why. :gah:

Anyways, here he is on an HT advanced body. Just fills the suit more. Shoes are being replaced. Got some red skull gloves but I like the bare hands look a little better.

Couldn't get my camera to focus on some. Sorry!
IMG_4964.jpg

IMG_4956.jpg

IMG_4962.jpg

IMG_4961.jpg

IMG_4966.jpg

Re: ShortRound's fortune and glory *Iminime Ras/Ben Kenobi**

A very classy display. Top notch.

Back