Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't the armor somewhat loose on a TrueType,I would think the shoulders would be too close together as well for the chest armor and shoulder bells to sit correctly. Not to mention the thigh armor would be somewhat loose. Questions reall as I am looking to do this mod as well. Would a regular true type work better for the fit. I had though of using a soldier story body but the armor on the bicep area was way too tight

they seem to work perfect for me anyway.......
this is a ssc sandtrooper truetype conversion with a tt slim
sand1.jpg

and on a marmit.....
sandtt4.jpg

sandtt6.jpg

i think some people have used regular true types as well but i for one can say there is no loose fitting to mine.......:peace

i just want a damned marmit helmet................

My recently received Sandtrooper Marmit came with an extra DLT-19 blaster, 2 extra Sandtrooper helmets, 1 extra chest armor and 1 extra white pauldron:

marmitsandtroopersergea.jpg

My other Marmits:

marmitatatdriver03.jpg

marmitstormtrooper03.jpg

And displayed (without the Marmit Sandtrooper):

figuredisplay.jpg

I'd say go for a Marmit Stormtrooper figure and keep it separately from SS figure. ;) The only more accurate thing of the SS Stormie figure compared to Marmit, besides the very cool E-11 blaster, is the fabric belt. The SS armor and helmet are lightyears behind the Marmit regarding accuracy. Of course the SS is already assembled, the boots are separate from the leg armor, the ABS is more stiff, and the hands are a bit better than on Marmit. And on the Sandtrooper the SS didn't add ribbed shoulder armor connectors which is in fact more accurate. But that is all.

I'd say go for a Marmit Stormtrooper figure and keep it separately from SS figure. ;) The only more accurate thing of the SS Stormie figure compared to Marmit, besides the very cool E-11 blaster, is the fabric belt. The SS armor and helmet are lightyears behind the Marmit regarding accuracy. Of course the SS is already assembled, the boots are separate from the leg armor, the ABS is more stiff, and the hands are a bit better than on Marmit. And on the Sandtrooper the SS didn't add ribbed shoulder armor connectors which is in fact more accurate. But that is all.

well,you can simply forget it to find a marmit one on ebay that doesnt cost well over 150€

We still have to understand the non-US customer point of view: harder to get some items at good prices. I agree that the Marmit figures look like a real guy in armor. The AT-AT Driver even looks better than the original ILM promo shots, the guy wearing the screen used suit looking so thin LOL: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5200096&postcount=158

harder to get is not even close.prices are crazy,if you add shipping and taxes,this figures go trough the roof prize wise:cuckoo:

Isn't the armor somewhat loose on a TrueType,I would think the shoulders would be too close together as well for the chest armor and shoulder bells to sit correctly. Not to mention the thigh armor would be somewhat loose. Questions reall as I am looking to do this mod as well. Would a regular true type work better for the fit. I had though of using a soldier story body but the armor on the bicep area was way too tight

I had to sand down the limbs of a TT slim for my ssc troopers, so marmit will be similar I guess - as in a body fatter than a tt slim has no chance!

There was someone on the boards or on eBay can't remember which that was selling recast armor parts of the Marmit kit. It wasn't a bad price but I think it was a Sandtrooper he was passing off as a regular trooper. You could tell by the and and sniper knee plate. Still it looked pretty good. Might want to do a search for custom Marmit stormie.

Marmite do appear cheap from time to time, I have the tie, atat & stormie the most I paid was $150 shipped for a mint tie fighter pilot.

Back