Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great! But I'll probably wait to order just like with R2. If both come out great I'll purchase.

PO for me to match my R2 coming in December (hopefully no delays). I agree the face seems off. Im not sure what it is. In any case, the rest of him looks fab and I like the weathering. I do not own a Tamashii yet, so this is right up my alley. Excited to have these guys in my collection. Now to decide on what to do about Luke...pick up a Bespin DX, or see if HT makes a nice Farmboy Luke. Still...I prefer ESB Luke out of all of them. I just dont need two of him. Decisions. Decisions.

Sorry if this has been discussed to death already, I havent been in this thread a lot, but is there something off with the proportions of the face? The eyes look too low or the mouth too high and small, something.

Regardless, this is a buy for sure. Looks amazing.

Yeah, head looks wonky for me too, but the whole thing is too great not to get. Sideshow really did an amazing job on the droids. I have R2 coming, and this will definitely be joining him!

I will add this to the negative column though. Anyone else feel like the "lit up" eyes aren't bright or "flashlight" enough? That is one thing that looks amazing on the Tamashii. Tama even got the pattern of LED's inside the eyes right.

The Sideshow one reminds me of the Hasbro where it just looks like translucent plastic that has a single flat light behind it, whereas the Tama (although a bit too bright and too whitish) really matched the look 3PO has in the movies.

Certainly not a deal-breaker, and it looks fine though.

29et0eg.png

Looks incredible! I'm so afraid of the price they will set. Stellar work Sideshow! November 2015 delivery date seems so far away. My R2 will be lonely for an entire year.

I think the middle part of the face is too close together, the eyes and nose/mouth, which is giving it a weird cartoony look. But yeah, I agree TaliBane.

That video sold me on this. I was already getting it but I love the way it looks and it has the accessories I hoped it'd have. The Sideshow Exclusive battle damaged arm is a nice touch too. I just hope he's not too expensive but I'm looking forward to him to go along with R2D2. Too bad he likely won't arrive until late next year.

Looks really good but I am going to wait for Hot Toys to hopefully make one.

Why on earth do you think HT is even going to make a version? The only license HT has invested more then 8 figures in has been Iron Man and that's because robots are huge in Asia.....

Oh wait....hmmm.....nevermind.

Looks good.

Bit disappointed in what appear to be molded + painted wiring in the mid-section vs Tamashii's individual cables.
Bit disappointed in the biggish chin.

Very happy with the finish.
Very happy with the articulated fingers.
Very happy with the piston size.

Really bummed that I'm going to have to buy this and not just be happy with Tamashii's alongside R2.

Back