Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
US dollar is only .14 more than AUS dollar. That's only .01 more than Canada.

This figure cannot be sold if the buyer has previously ordered the blue coat Han. Please use your Hasbro figure instead with the Blue Coat Han.

choke.jpg

Last edited:
Now I need to find someone to rep you.

Plus extra for that avatar.

If only our dollar hadn't crashed making membership the price of a SS Red Five Luke in local currency...

If you've got an average mortgage then you're saving about a grand per year since the Aus dollar fell below parity with the greenback.

Hmm... wonder what the "no-can-do" threshold is for most people on this figure?

$200? C'mon... real world, folks (R2 is small and simpler)
$230? Hey, Luke X-Wing is more than that...
$250+? "Should have spent another $100 for the Tamashii and saved THREE YEARS of waiting..."

3PO is NOT a centerpiece figure in anyone's display, but this fig to me is like IG-88... a SSC engineering marvel that is worth the price of admission. So I'm all in (well, up to probably $260...):pray:

Funny how the wait for a figure to go up for P.O. used to be the excitement of getting in an order... now it's simply the tense wait for the answer to "how much?"

3PO is NOT a centerpiece figure in anyone's display

I don't agree with this. There are those who feel it is the two droids that best represent Star Wars. So for some, R2D2 with C3PO is a centrepiece.

That's why I got the droids premium format. I don't have the space for PF's of all the main characters so that's the one I chose (although I am keen to see the new Vader PF but with current PF prices plus the new Star Wars tax it might have to be a pass).

I don't agree with this. There are those who feel it is the two droids that best represent Star Wars. So for some, R2D2 with C3PO is a centrepiece.

That's why I got the droids premium format. I don't have the space for PF's of all the main characters so that's the one I chose (although I am keen to see the new Vader PF but with current PF prices plus the new Star Wars tax it might have to be a pass).

Did you get the ex/clean or regular? And R2 looked incredible (even if very plasticky to the touch) but what did you think of how SSC pulled off the PF 3PO? The head on that one also looks a bit wonky but overall it's an incredible display - and agreed, THAT is a centerpiece.

I just mean 3PO on his own (which is what Tamashii did) at a high price is a problem because he needs to be directly coupled with R2 to make him a centerpiece. SSC's been smart to nail R2 first - and offer him (it?) at a great price but then... if you want to complete your centerpiece display...:naughty $$ 3PO....:lol

Did you get the ex/clean or regular? And R2 looked incredible (even if very plasticky to the touch) but what did you think of how SSC pulled off the PF 3PO? The head on that one also looks a bit wonky but overall it's an incredible display - and agreed, THAT is a centerpiece.

I just mean 3PO on his own (which is what Tamashii did) at a high price is a problem because he needs to be directly coupled with R2 to make him a centerpiece. SSC's been smart to nail R2 first - and offer him (it?) at a great price but then... if you want to complete your centerpiece display...:naughty $$ 3PO....:lol

I got the reg. I woke up to the EX being sold out. Got straight on the waitlist but cancelled because in the end I felt the reg was more iconic than the EX. My favourite Star Wars stuff has always been Tatooine (followed by Hoth) so the reg was perfect for me.

I agree with what you say about R2. He looks fantastic so it never bothered me he was just plastic. Afterall, polystone is just heavier plastic. The 3PO head doesn't bother me. My only complaint would be the way they did the lighting. The magnet really snatches the faceplate from your fingers so if not aligned right it could chip on the edges. It would have been better to put contacts on their feet and have the batteries in the base, or even better an AC option. I would have preferred the restraining bolt in the right place on R2. It's probably not a hard fix, I just don't want to pull the body apart to relocate the magnet.

The droids and Hellboy are my two favourite PF's.

I am hoping for a reasonable price on this 3PO but I can see it around the $200 mark. Really, it should be a more expensive figure than Red Five Luke with the level of detail in comparison so I'm kinda expecting it to be high. SS would sell a lot at a lower price like R2 though. The droids fit into pretty much every scene so I can imagine a few wanting multiples of each for diorama's.

I got the reg. I woke up to the EX being sold out. Got straight on the waitlist but cancelled because in the end I felt the reg was more iconic than the EX. My favourite Star Wars stuff has always been Tatooine (followed by Hoth) so the reg was perfect for me.

I agree with what you say about R2. He looks fantastic so it never bothered me he was just plastic. Afterall, polystone is just heavier plastic. The 3PO head doesn't bother me. My only complaint would be the way they did the lighting. The magnet really snatches the faceplate from your fingers so if not aligned right it could chip on the edges. It would have been better to put contacts on their feet and have the batteries in the base, or even better an AC option. I would have preferred the restraining bolt in the right place on R2. It's probably not a hard fix, I just don't want to pull the body apart to relocate the magnet.

The droids and Hellboy are my two favourite PF's.

I am hoping for a reasonable price on this 3PO but I can see it around the $200 mark. Really, it should be a more expensive figure than Red Five Luke with the level of detail in comparison so I'm kinda expecting it to be high. SS would sell a lot at a lower price like R2 though. The droids fit into pretty much every scene so I can imagine a few wanting multiples of each for diorama's.

Same... that EX was sold out in who-knows how many minutes it seemed, but in the end, the weathered is a better look. Though that EX Threepio does look pretty amazing.:drool Either way, it's still one of the most eye-catching PF's SSC has ever done.

All I'm saying with the 1/6 3PO is Sideshow needs to be careful and not make the same mistake Tamashii made by pricing it really high. He's not Vader, he doesn't stand alone as the centerpiece. People want him next to R2 but they aren't going to fork over a huge amount for him. I think anything over $230 and there's going to be push-back (not from me though :slap)

It's possible that the Luke X-Wing's Asian sculpt/paint/design team changed the economics a bit (i.e. SSC so desperate to deliver a HT-quality head they paid $$$) but 3PO seems to be the standard SSC team. People seem to be mulling what figures are "pre-Dsiney" and "post-Disney" in terms of pricing but the Hoth figs were after Dsiney, and they're higher but still good value.

I'm really hoping this will be $219.99 - high but understandable given all the amazing engineering and articulation. I fear SSC has other plans, because they've created something pretty great and they know it...:lol

There are those who feel it is the two droids that best represent Star Wars. So for some, R2D2 with C3PO is a centrepiece.

Yup. I think the droids are the very heart of Star Wars. Ive always said if you didnt want to collect endlessly with SW there are three characters you could buy and completely capture the essence of Star Wars. A simple display of the droids on their own is one or just a simple display of Vader on his own. Done.

Gotta have one to go with R2 but I hope it wont be to expensive.

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk

Some feel that way because they are the only 2 characters in every movie including...wait for it... The Force Awakens and the clone wars too. Hell they're even in Rebels, and had their own cartoon and they're on the cover of that movie picture book we had as kids.

Hey remember those .45 record/book combo packs. Those were cool!

Back