Sideshow 1/6 Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Jango > Boba

Sideshow didn't play it that way though....

Actually, Jango = Boba = Kiwi ruffian.:lol

But yeah, Jango battle in the rain was one the best things in the Prequels. He certainly outdid Boba's performance in combat in ROTJ...

That custom in the thread TaliBane referenced - while good, was still SKINNY. :lol

Temuera is a stocky guy, & while not to scale per se, at least the Hasbro figure emulated that build. I'm thinking at this point, the only way to get a truly accurate Jango, is to build the thing slowly with a bit here & a bit there.

You could probably start with the SSC jet packs, jumpsuit, chest armour, holster, boots, & maybe the gauntlets (if you can dremel out a bigger arm cavity) & hands. You'd forget about that head & helmet. You'd then get a TT equivalent muscle body that's near enough to Temuera's build, & wait till there's a good helmet on the market at some point.

Of course as mentioned earlier, the Medi Jango is excellent, but not so much if you want something to go with your other 1/6 SSC or HT SW figures. The stock SSC figure is just a misfire so far.

Actually, Jango = Boba = Kiwi ruffian.:lol

But yeah, Jango battle in the rain was one the best things in the Prequels. He certainly outdid Boba's performance in combat in ROTJ...

Ugh the revoicing of Boba Fett just sticks out like a sore thumb every time it comes up. For that reason I loathe the Blu Rays... the further changes are just silliness. Blinking Ewoks... ruining the Palpatine death with Vader screaming NOOOOOOOOO. It is like George Lucas had to come up with things to change haha. It is entirely possible that Boba Fett could sound different than his father, its many years later and he could have a diff accent. It would have been best to leave that alone.

That being said... the rain scene is the only scene from Attack of the Clones that I really like. I like certain ideas and thoughts from the prequels, the Boba Fett narrative did not bother me too much, although I wish he was simply Jangos son instead of being a clone.

Yea if he had been jangos biological son not a one that would have given him a great reason to dislike the clones - imagine your dead dad cloned three million times but none of them are him. Gives boba a great reason to be a loner and to dislike everyone - like he does. Instead he seems to not be bothered by the clones which never really vibed for me.

The prequels - I think - have actually worsened with time as you reevaluate then the plot holes get worse - or I've become less forgiving

Yea if he had been jangos biological son not a one that would have given him a great reason to dislike the clones - imagine your dead dad cloned three million times but none of them are him. Gives boba a great reason to be a loner and to dislike everyone - like he does. Instead he seems to not be bothered by the clones which never really vibed for me.

The prequels - I think - have actually worsened with time as you reevaluate then the plot holes get worse - or I've become less forgiving

Nah they get worse with age really. The effects on AOTC and ROTS do not hold up at all, especially the all computer generated clones. The rain scene still looks spectacular though. There are ideas in the prequels that I do like though, but the execution lacks. The prequels almost made the "galaxy" seem like a smaller place because of all the convenient path crossings, etc. I also feel like Lucas tried to hard to explain things we didn't care about. The force was a much more interesting entity in the original trilogy. I did not ever want a biological explanation of it!

I struggle with the connections the prequels try to make. I do not connect the Clonetroopers as being the stormtroopers. I also do not connect that Anakin is Vader. It just never worked for me somehow haha.

Needless to say, I am stoked for this figure. It will look incredible with Boba.

Interesting take on the lone angry resentful Boba thing.

Hmm.

I won't be getting the sideshow figure. I have the medicom one (version1 ) and may pick up the geno one as well

I hate it when you say that.

Yes yes, I can feel your anger!

They are characters that only exist and liked because the look cool.

Jango for me because we got more dialogue from Temuera Morrison. And I like the first meeting he had with Kenobi.

Both will look great on the shelf. Well, make that all three with SS gets around to Crayola Fett.

image.jpg

Cannot wait for Jango...
Love my Boba Fetts

Still mulling getting this guy, even with the issues - and that pricetag which is a teeny bit outrageous.

The color of his jumpsuit is always pretty up in the air, but I do hope this fig's comes out more blue and less hint-of-lavender than pictured (it's nowhere near the Medi one though.) Blue/silver looks cooler to me.

Still mulling getting this guy, even with the issues - and that pricetag which is a teeny bit outrageous.

The color of his jumpsuit is always pretty up in the air, but I do hope this fig's comes out more blue and less hint-of-lavender than pictured (it's nowhere near the Medi one though.) Blue/silver looks cooler to me.

Well, I believe this will be the best Jango to come along awhile. Looks great with all the effects accessories... I know you'll like this figure

Medi makes it in both colors.

Medi makes it in both colors.

Didn't realise that. The ones I've seen (even in pics) were always the lavender version.

The Medi blue is pretty dark. The Hasbro one seems closer to how I remember it in the movie.

All these years I never noticed the Jango color was debated like the Han Hoth coat (with a bit less passion though:wink1:)

Well, I believe this will be the best Jango to come along awhile. Looks great with all the effects accessories... I know you'll like this figure

Yeah, it looks pretty great. Hope the production smoke effects look better than the proto - it's a fun idea.

Back