Sideshow 1/6 Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hasbro and Medi were released a few years apart, apples vs oranges. The Hasbro was excellent in its day. The Medi headsculpt is NOTHING like Tem, the mouth is correct, that's it. I'd suggest you put on some glasses.:rotfl

Forehead is great, they put in the actors most prominent wrinkles perfectly, whereas Hasbro put in random wrinkles, you cant see that, really?Profile is perfect and poor paint apps aside it's better than most of the clones released. And I'm not the one trying to say the ultimate is the better sculpt. Unless I missed a special edition where Jango's head is stretched in the back. :lol
Pretty easy **** to see, even in the pics, if you have it in hand take your own advice and get an eye check.

Wow, great pic, whose defending the Medi headsculpt?:rotfl

JangoSansHelmet-SWE.jpg

Yeah, you must love those random Hasbro forehead scratches.

And defending? Not defending ****, except that I stand by the assertion the Medi sculpt is better than the Hasbro. You can move the Medi head to a hit an or ko body and it looks like any swap. If you try that with the Hasbro (not that anyone would) it's gonna look like a bobbleheads monstrosity. I never said the Medi was the end all be all sculpt, but I'm not getting caught up in the hyperbole that it's so bad that the Hasbro looks better.

Last edited:
Medi Jango version 2 is much better than version 1, I have that and am pretty happy with it despite the outdated headsculpt (which doesn't really matter to me since I'll never display him without his helmet).

That being said, I'll still probably end up getting the sideshow since the accessories will be much better and more detailed. That kind of stuff gets my nerd juices flowing lol

pic of my medi version 2 in case anyone isn't familiar with that one, think the only differences are the different jumpsuit and jetpack though:

Medi Jango version 2 is much better than version 1, I have that and am pretty happy with it despite the outdated headsculpt (which doesn't really matter to me since I'll never display him without his helmet).

That being said, I'll still probably end up getting the sideshow since the accessories will be much better and more detailed. That kind of stuff gets my nerd juices flowing lol

pic of my medi version 2 in case anyone isn't familiar with that one, think the only differences are the different jumpsuit and jetpack though:

Wow. Awesome display.:clap

Uggh Im confused. Was the suit purple or blue?

Yeah, seems like this is another Han Hoth blue/brown coat thing! Even on the RPF you find threads about it (and those guys KNOW Star Wars.)

I remember Jango's jumpsuit being more blue in the movie, but then I remember Han's being blue too.:slap

Personally, the lavender/purple looks a bit Zam Wessel-ish and just think the blue looks cooler with the bare metal armor.

If you try that with the Hasbro (not that anyone would) it's gonna look like a bobbleheads monstrosity.

The Hasbro Jango head is on a ton of custom Fetts and they look decent and in scale. I'm still unclear why you keep calling it a "bobblehead" when it's pretty much the same size as any Hot Toys head...

It's usually older SSC figs that get the "bobblehead" comment because they are a bit larger (as are the older 1990's Hasbro heads.) The Hasbro Jango head isn't.

DSC09825.jpg

This thread will debate every detail of the medi and SS for the next 2 plus years. Someone will find the perfect combo of the two companies and put it together.

The Hasbro Jango head is on a ton of custom Fetts and they look decent and in scale. I'm still unclear why you keep calling it a "bobblehead" when it's pretty much the same size as any Hot Toys head...

It's usually older SSC figs that get the "bobblehead" comment because they are a bit larger (as are the older 1990's Hasbro heads.) The Hasbro Jango head isn't.

DSC09825.jpg

Although it's as thin ear to ear as many modern sculpts, get out your calipre, it's pretty much the exact same measurement from nose to back of head as that SSC helmet he's holding. Now measure some of the latest clones. Compare the results, maybe you'll get the reference. :slap

This thread will debate every detail of the medi and SS for the next 2 plus years. Someone will find the perfect combo of the two companies and put it together.

I think the SSC rigs and packs are gonna be an easy choice, they look great.

if you have it in hand take your own advice and get an eye check.

Yeah I have it in hand, Tem is Maori, not sure who the Medi is supposed to be, it's as bad as the Hasbro, they're rubbish. If you see Tem in the Medi then congrats to you.

The Sideshow sculpt is the best by miles even with the big forehead.

Yeah the SSC head's face is good, but ehh.. still - too much bothers me about the overall package, so as I mentioned earlier I might just pilfer from it.

The medi is a great figure but the headsculpt is not its strength. I may try and get some Ssc bits for a custom of my medi but generally I love it ( with helmet on lol)

Thanks for posting! Man it was purple! Its crazy how I associate him with a blue suit. Don't ask me why.
It varies man.. there's been tons of discussion over the jumpsuit colour between the Kamino scenes, then subsequently the Geonosis scenes.

The promotional pics Temuera did, plus the aforementioned scenes being affected by lighting, editing etc all show something different.

I also prefer the blue look, but yeah. it's kind of a blend of both those shades, it's just that it gets skewed in those different contexts.

Well I would hope they alter a few things as it is a year away. That "mole" on the helmet should be removed.

Well I would hope they alter a few things as it is a year away. That "mole" on the helmet should be removed.
you'd be surprised. THe boba chest dent was still present on some of the Proto-Fett and they had about 2 years to fix that one

Back