Sideshow 1/6 Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far the Medi looks way better than this one.

Sorry. :huh :lol

bsi23.jpg

(Well, okay - maybe Temeura Morrison is not that tall, meaning Medi scale is about right... :lol)

"So far the Medi looks way better than this one."

you are being sarcastic, right?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-04 at 12.03.50 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-09-04 at 12.03.50 AM.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 193
Nope.

You post another pic of that wonky prototype, to prove what exactly, btw? :lol

As per SSC's hit & miss consistency across the board with their SW figures to date, the helmet's STILL off, Boba's 'cheek' sensor is still present on it, & the arms belong to Tattoo from Fantasy Island - tiny. That prototype has it's legs bent, so the arms & gauntlets look more in proportion there.

Comparing each figure as stand alone pieces, the Medi is better in almost every way. The only thing that's disappointing about it (Medi), is that it's a bit on the thin side.

Last edited:
The Medi is height accurate with the SSC clones and Boba, VintijDroidGutzz ain't wrong, and if you follow that padding guide in the Jango thread, there's really no comparison from anything SSC has shown us.

Of course that being said, my SSC Jango is going to go right up there with Ultimate Hasbro and medis, but it sucks that I'm paying more for it than my other three combined.

Jango is almost a year away... i am sure SS will address the issues. the body however is a no brainer... it will have to be traded out for a Truetype. at least the neck armor is correctly placed... and i bet that holster is on every Medicom owner's "swap out list"...

Jango is almost a year away... i am sure SS will address the issues.
Not to be argumentative, but based on what? :lol Boba got the middle finger in the end, & so will this.

I agree about the pilfering though - it's got some good bits on it.

And the fact that the headsculpt is nothing like Tem.
Well.. there is a resemblance, but yeah - it's on the weak side. :lol

Thing is, if I end up getting the Medi, I'd never use the head anyway.

Not a Fett fanatic here, but comparing pictures of SCC, actual costume, and padded Medi
Jangos_zpsdb7eed68.jpg

the only thing I would really grab from Medi is the helmet (even if it doesn't seem perfect either, looking at the curve under the cheeks).
:dunno

Not to be argumentative, but based on what?

Vader V2 (dome... check! Height... check! Cape... check!) :lol

But seriously, it seems sort of rare that things change much between proto and final. Once we see these things, I have a feeling it's pretty far down the line. Jango's chin mole may disappear however.

I have nothing but good things to say from all my sideshow figures....
Deluxe Vader, deluxe clone trooper vet, snow trooper, boba fett proto and regular, ig88, and general grievous...

I am confident that I will enjoy this along with all my other Star Wars figure

Deluxe Vader, deluxe clone trooper vet, snow trooper, boba fett proto and regular, ig88, and general grievous...

I am confident that this figure will turn out a great sum of it's parts, and will look great in my collection, however for what we pay for it, along with Sideshow's attention to detail, makes the inaccuracies in this figure unacceptable

If you collect bobbleheads, then yeah, Ultimate is swell. For a high end collector it is what it is, an OK toy.

Bobblehead? Not sure what you mean by that. The Hasbro Jango head is about the same scale as Hot Toys heads.

And obviously I wasn't saying the Hasbro figure is superior overall (check out that backpack rocket,) just that the Hasbro head looks better than the Medicom's. Surprising given the price difference.

jango%2Bunmasked.jpg

Yeah, I was kidding above. Hoping this SSC version will be the "ultimate" Jango 1/6 figure. And extended forehead aside, the pilot headband is a great look for the exposed Jango head.

You don't know what a bobbleheads is? Look at the noggin on that? :lol
And then the size of the freaking helmet? Bobblehead!
The Hasbro sculpt has a generic forehead, where the Medi sculpted in tons of detail, the mouth is pretty much perfect, and the jaw/ cheek line is great and basically non existent on the Hasbro. Since I'm looking at both side by side on my desk, I'd suggest you put on some glasses if you think they're even close. The details in hand are beyond staggeringly different, don't see how you see otherwise. Obviously, the Hasbro U is cheap (cost me 25) but it's not like the Medis cost much more on the sales boards and Ebay. I got mine for 75.

Last edited:
The Hasbro sculpt has a generic forehead, where the Medi sculpted in tons of detail, the mouth is pretty much perfect, and the jaw/ cheek line is great and basically non existent on the Hasbro. Since I'm looking at both side by side on my desk, I'd suggest you put on some glasses if you think they're even close. The details in hand are beyond staggeringly different, don't see how you see otherwise. Obviously, the Hasbro U is cheap (cost me 25) but it's not like the Medis cost much more on the sales boards and Ebay. I got mine for 75.

The Hasbro and Medi were released a few years apart, apples vs oranges. The Hasbro was excellent in its day. The Medi headsculpt is NOTHING like Tem. I'd suggest you put on some glasses.:rotfl

Last edited:
The Hasbro sculpt has a generic forehead, where the Medi sculpted in tons of detail, the mouth is pretty much perfect, and the jaw/ cheek line is great and basically non existent on the Hasbro. Since I'm looking at both side by side on my desk, I'd suggest you put on some glasses if you think they're even close. The details in hand are beyond staggeringly different, don't see how you see otherwise.

Still not understanding the bobblehead thing - you're inferring the head is oversized when it's pretty much in scale with a Hot Toys head?

As for the head sculpt/paint, I guess it's just up to individual interpretation - which is a surprising thing to say - given the price difference. I don't know if these are "fair" comp pics or not (i.e. bad lighting/lens distortion)... I just think the Hasbro looks a bit better, but neither are great.

5arsif.png

Back