Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... thats probably where they will end up! I've never understood the hype on these s***y little toys.

Fun fact: Funko spent $16 million in 2019 destroying product they couldn?t sell. Now their stock prices are in the toilet and they are under investigation.

I think their days are (finally) numbered.

Fun fact: Funko spent $16 million in 2019 destroying product they couldn?t sell. Now their stock prices are in the toilet and they are under investigation.

I think their days are (finally) numbered.

$16 million! What did they do? Shoot them into the sun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It?s getting so bad, they need a separate site just for pops. Sick of scrolling past 50 of em before getting to anything else.[emoji52][emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HT/SS collecting has made me sort my searches by price (high to low). Takes a while to end up at the stupid Pops that way.

Hmm... seems like I waited too long to pull the PO trigger on this at Popcultcha.

How does their discounted PO price work exactly? Seems like maybe it's discounted for the first month or so after it is put up for PO, then it goes up to the "full" preorder price after that? Is it 10% off or something for that first month or two?

Hmm... seems like I waited too long to pull the PO trigger on this at Popcultcha.

How does their discounted PO price work exactly? Seems like maybe it's discounted for the first month or so after it is put up for PO, then it goes up to the "full" preorder price after that? Is it 10% off or something for that first month or two?

Yes, I noticed that too. Does anyone know if Sideshow ever increases their price during the pre-order time ?

Yes, I noticed that too. Does anyone know if Sideshow ever increases their price during the pre-order time ?

No, I think it's just a Popcultcha discount deal that has a short expiration.

It's unfortunate - it's such an expensive figure the loss of that 10% early PO discount might just have been the thing that flipped me over to having to pass on this.

I'm happy enough with my custom Lando Skiff figure that I probably won't pull the trigger on this now. The Sideshow figure does have a few problems and inaccuracies, but overall it looks awesome and I'd assumed I was getting it.

A real bummer - I guess live and learn. The day something goes up for PO on PC, mark your calendar and make your decision in that first four weeks following or lose that "first month PO discount." I had seen it but had no idea that discount had such a short shelf life.

It's truly a sad thing that 1/6 figures that used to cost $100-130 are now double that, up in the $250 range. This was a figure that would have been $120 if it had come out 8 or 9 years ago, and with the helmet on, it would have been almost as good.

There's just no room for error anymore, and I made an error here on this fig so can't make up that extra cost shortfall.:(

They put the date the PO discount is too right there on the order page :huh.

PO.JPG

I even gave you a heads up it was expiring on Lando.... https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189699&p=10267348&viewfull=1#post10267348

But yeah you are mostly right, 10% off for the first month but some last a bit longer - Remnant Trooper was almost 2 months

They put the date the PO discount is too right there on the order page :huh.

View attachment 480960

I even gave you a heads up it was expiring on Lando.... https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189699&p=10267348&viewfull=1#post10267348

But yeah you are mostly right, 10% off for the first month but some last a bit longer - Remnant Trooper was almost 2 months

Ahhh... thanks for that, but I missed that post.:gah:

But if you're gonna put an expiration on a price, maybe put the notification next to the price, not further down the page buried in the figure blurb. Yeah, it was in red, but it's in a pretty small font (same size as the blurb) buried amidst other visual pollution like that big gold coin thing - which most would glance at and think it's some kind of loyalty program notification.

This screenshot below to me is "the PC order page" which is what appears on most people's screens, and so that expiration note is below that frame and you could easily miss it if you don't scroll down. Again, this seems stupid-obvious, but if it relates to the price, put it right next to the price. So... here's the price, and here's when that price expires. You know - "$379 - (next to it in red) this price only available until March 1st."

Super clear, can't miss it, right?:dunno

sLbJ0bO.png

Most people open the product page and see the fig pic, the price, ETA and the big orange "Preorder Now" button .... and they don't see that nice huge red-text image you posted, which seems so obvious when it's posted like that, but isn't like that on the product page.

I've ordered from PC probably two dozen separate times (thousands and thousands and thousands of pennies...) and never once realized/saw this short PO discount cut-off window thing. So what does that say about how clearly the notification is displayed?:dunno

And the irony? I waited to PO the Lando because I wanted to FINALLY get the Leia Bespin shipped from PC. So if PC had shipped the Leia in a more timely fashion (people had gotten their Leias from other sellers 1-2 months earlier...) I could/would have ordered the Lando within the discounted PO window. But they took forever (counting their ****ing Funkos,) the window passed, end of story.

Not gonna disagree that I would prefer it in the top half (next to the price as you suggest).

Sorry you missed the cutoff. I know you were keen on that one.

:duff

Not gonna disagree that I would prefer it in the top half (next to the price as you suggest).

Sorry you missed the cutoff. I know you were keen on that one.

:duff

:duff Yeah I was super keen on this fig, hence my upset-ness.:lol

I may still figure out a way to order it, but at yet another $42 it's a total bummer. Amazing that even with large amounts of pennies, this is still a high priced figure.

I'm going to reach out to PC and ask if they can post the expiration info next to the actual price going forward. Seems like a no-brainer.

yep those are the ones

The shoe part is sculpted and cast and the upper part (gaiter + straps) is skiver leather. I did fudge the straps/buckle layout a bit to make the buckle more visible from the front (on the costume it's a bit further around to the back) because it's a nice detail.

I haven't added any desert weathering (or shadow line) to the boots yet - I just got in my order of nailhead rivets, so I'll do some weathering/shadow when I glue those rivets onto the armor straps.

I'll take a closer pic and post in my thread but you can see boots better in this pic (also the actual reddish leather color):

lIyev6q.jpg

Still no new Sideshow Star Wars 1/6 since this was put up for preorder. I wonder if this fig was only allowed because the prototype was made before a cutoff date? There had been talk that their license may have been renewed yet still nothing. Hopefully some confirmation at virtual SDCC;)

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Still no new Sideshow Star Wars 1/6 since this was put up for preorder. I wonder if this fig was only allowed because the prototype was made before a cutoff date? There had been talk that their license may have been renewed yet still nothing. Hopefully some confirmation at virtual SDCC;)

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Yes, it is kind of weird. Maybe the license for other scales and statues has been renewed, but not the 1/6 license... I hope not. The HT Jawa shows us why we still need SSC in the game.
I ordered this one a couple of weeks ago from a German store. Will probably take forever to get here, but I?m fairly excited about him.

Back