Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I would get the skiff. I?ve had to pass on the other items he made due to space and cash, but a skiff would be amazing. Having luke on the plank saluting r2 would be great.

Perhaps it doesn't even have to be the entire skiff but just a section that includes the plank and/or the deck gun.

Would almost be better as sourcing all the figures needed for the complete skiff would be near impossible unless you are an expert at making custom figures.

Still no new Sideshow Star Wars 1/6 since this was put up for preorder. I wonder if this fig was only allowed because the prototype was made before a cutoff date? There had been talk that their license may have been renewed yet still nothing. Hopefully some confirmation at virtual SDCC;)

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

This came up in a FB group recently and some guy was swearing that 'he's been told' SS really doesn't have the license anymore and that Lando was like the last approved thing that they're making.

This came up in a FB group recently and some guy was swearing that 'he's been told' SS really doesn't have the license anymore and that Lando was like the last approved thing that they're making.

I don't have a clue one way or the other. But it is suspicious that this figure was previewed before all the license talk began and we have not seen anything new from Sideshow 1/6 since. We may not know the answer until SDCC 2021 :lol

Am I correct in saying that there has not been a single new Sideshow 1/6 SW fig previewed in nearly two years (in six weeks it'll be two years ago that Lando Skiff was first previewed)?

If that's true, then that surely is your answer right there. What company holding such an expensive license as SW 1/6 would allow a full two years to pass without a single new 1/6 product previewed? That seems crazy but maybe there could be an explanation for it?

Even Skiff Lando was MIA for a looong time wasn't he ? Definitely something astray there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I correct in saying that there has not been a single new Sideshow 1/6 SW fig previewed in nearly two years (in six weeks it'll be two years ago that Lando Skiff was first previewed)?

If that's true, then that surely is your answer right there. What company holding such an expensive license as SW 1/6 would allow a full two years to pass without a single new 1/6 product previewed? That seems crazy but maybe there could be an explanation for it?

I guess what I have no idea about is how statues factor in. Aren't Jabba and the Rancor "about" 1/6 scale or so? And then the life size Child? I guess they still have a life size license?

I guess what I have no idea about is how statues factor in. Aren't Jabba and the Rancor "about" 1/6 scale or so? And then the life size Child? I guess they still have a life size license?

What about Fett and Obi-Wan Mythos? Were they previewed before the first time we saw Lando (SDCC 2018?). Also, I wonder if Jabba and the Rancor fall into the prop replica license category? No idea, just speculation.

The Rancor is more like 1/7-1/8. It will be a bit on the small side but could like decent if displayed in the right manner.

Even Skiff Lando was MIA for a looong time wasn't he ? Definitely something astray there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, so long I thought it was dead so restarted my old Lando custom and got more than 3/4 of the way through it then suddenly it pops up for PO.:gah:

Jabba is 1/6 but predates Lando and the Rancor isn't 1/6 and is classed as a statue. I assume life size and statues are a different license category.

What about Fett and Obi-Wan Mythos? Were they previewed before the first time we saw Lando (SDCC 2018?). Also, I wonder if Jabba and the Rancor fall into the prop replica license category? No idea, just speculation.

Both predated Lando, so yeah, Lando is the last SSC SW 1/6 fig to be shown and he was previewed two years ago.

I can't believe it's been two years since I got the SS Snow Commander and finished off the Bounty Hunter line. Crazy.

...I?m afraid there?s no chance SSC still has the 1/6 license. I?m pretty sure that Disney wouldn?t let any company hold on to a SW license without announcing anything for two years.
And yes, the rancor is a little smaller than 1/7 and is also a statue, so doesn?t count unfortunately.

If they did still have the license the Rancor would have probably been true 1/6 scale? No license must size down? I could see that. What a shame.

Pre ordered this figure last week. I hope he turns out close to the proto version as Imo with the helmet on this will be a stellar release. I pre ordered the Luke Snowspeeder figure and so glad that I did, let’s hope SS do the same type of job on this guy.

Back